ADVERTISEMENT

Friday Night SMC Hoops

PantherPit07

Aug 17, 2003
Girls
Murphy 56 Hayesville 42
(Hayesville beat them at Home but none of Murphys shots were falling and the Tall freshman that starts was Out, and with her back and this one at Murphys i think they roll)
Cherokee 68 Robbinsville 61 ( I think this one will be closer being at Robbinsville but cherokee will pull away late)
Highlands 50 Swain 45 (Swain is just very young, but they are improving)

Boys
Hayesville 82 Murphy 65
( I think it will be a lil closer since its at Murphy but i think Hayesville still wins easily)
Cherokee 67 Robbinsville 58 (Cherokee is just to fast and deep,Knights will hang for a while at home)
Highlands 65 Swain 52 (Swain won the first meeting but that was before 2 of their best players got hurt)

Boys
Hayesville 82 Murphy 65
( I think it will be a lil closer since its at Murphy but i think Hayesville still wins easily)
Cherokee 67 Robbinsville 58 (Cherokee is just to fast and deep,Knights will hang for a while at home)
Highlands 65 Swain 52 (Swain won the first meeting but that was before 2 of their best players got hurt)

Swain's season really drives home how much losing just one or two players can hurt at the 1A level--going from a team that beat Cherokee and looked like a frontrunner in December to a team that lost to 2-win Blue Ridge by double digits Tuesday.

The Lady Dogs looked unbeatable tonight. If they continue to play like the last two games, they will be a tough out for anyone.

Reactions: Wildcat10fan
Murphy girls seem to be on a role after struggling a little they will be hard to beat, as well as hayesville boys

Projected SMC Finshes
Girls
1. Murphy
2. Cherokee
3. Hayesville
4. Robbinsville
5. Swain
6. Andrews
7. Rosman

Boys
1. Hayesville
2. Cherokee
3. Andrews
4. Robbinsville
5. Murphy
6. Rosman
7. Swain

Reactions: TD-FridayNight
A loss isn't always a bad thing. The loss to Hayesville and subsequent close game with Hiwassee Dam may have been the wakeup call the Murphy girls needed. I realize they were down Rogers, who is their only real post presence, but even without her (and the s*itshow refereeing) they still should've handled Hayesville imo.

I think they came out this week with a point to prove and did so emphatically, hopefully they can keep that mentality and that momentum going moving forward.

Last edited:
A loss isn't always a bad thing. The loss to Hayesville and subsequent close game with Hiwassee Dam may have been the wakeup call the Murphy girls needed. I realize they were down Rogers, who is their only real post presence, but even without her (and the s*itshow refereeing) they still should've handled Hayesville imo.

I think they came out this week with a point to prove and did so emphatically, hopefully they can keep that mentality and that momentum going moving forward.

Yes i agree they should have but none of their shots were falling Aubrey was way off and Rogers was out and when the shots werent falling they got rattled, same thing that happened to hayesville at murphy, yes Murphy is better by not 45 points better or not 30 better than Cherokee, just a great week

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT