ADVERTISEMENT

****Franklin @ Pisgah gm10****

Been to 3rd round 3 times in 5 yrs and who gives two bear shits bout the 60s..right now all I care about is this year and tonight..but just out of curiosity when was Brevard tuscola or pisgahs last perfect regular season..you know you win a lot when all the haters cone out and if you noticed I only talk about franklin over past 10-15 yrs...fully aware they were not good for many yrs but also fully aware for past 11 yrs only Asheville and murphy have won more games in WNC[/QUOT

Of course you don't want to talk about the past,I wouldn't either if i were you.

Good game fellas. Congrats to Franklin, hope ya go far in the playoffs.
BiltmoreCane, 75 will be back next season. He's Pisgah's heavyweight wrestler.

Congratulation Panthers.I knew going into this game we had to play a perfect game and Franklin had to make some mistakes.Neither happened.Good luck in the playoffs .We'll see you next year in the pit or maybe this year.As for the penalties just remember a penalty against the Bears gave you the FG at the end of first half.
As for my Bears, they never quit, got to beat Brevard next week to end up 5-5 in the regular season.That's not a given.

]
Hey. Let’s talk about those officials.....

I didn't think It would ever be as bad as it was in the Pit a couple weeks ago........I was wrong! Maybe not worse but as bad. I guess I'll play nice and just say there were MULTIPLE head scratching calls by the gents in stripes!!!!!!!

You know I will only say If this were wrestling that would have been a 16 on 11 handicap match..but thru it all THE PANTHERS ARE 10-0 AND NO WE AIN'T COUNTY CHAMPS OR JV CHAMPS. IT'S CALLED CONF CHAMPS. ..AND YES # 75 IS A DAMN GOOD PLAYER..

Last edited by a moderator:
You know I will only say If this were wrestling that would have been a 16 on 11 handicap match..but thru it all THE PANTHERS ARE 10-0 AND NO WE AIN'T COUNTY CHAMPS OR IF CHAMPS. IT'S CALLED CONF CHAMP...
Anoint*

Congrats on the win. We couldn't stop you on 3rd down in the first half, you seemed to make the play every time. We made adjustments in the 2nd half, but never could come up with a big play when needed. Same as the past two games, unfortunately. Some questionable calls both ways, but the Refs were much better than our last two games for sure.

#75 kept Franklin out of the end zone in the second half more than any other single factor, other than penalties. Glad to see us throw well.

Pisgah was outplayed throughout most of the game. Franklin has to stop letting teams they outplay have scores this close.

10-0 and we bout how we win a TOTALLY MEANINGLESS TD ON LAST PLAY..who cares? Just win...its a math contest not an art contest..only team I know 10 -0 and people still criticize..

If you could read, you would have known I was speaking to AHSCougar. Nothing I can stand less than grammar nazis on a message board like this. But since you took offense, I would say you could do with some grammar and spelling classes yourself with an emphasis on reading comprehension. If you are a HS kid, your'e doing OK Ill give you that.

#75 took 3rd place in the state 3A heavyweight division as a sophomore. It will be interesting to see how well he does in 2A.

Reactions: PBBear51
Few things...thought the "all Haywood county crew" including a former Pisgah player did a beyond pitiful job..im sure they were handpicked by CHAPPELL...the one on Pisgah sideline was a,puppet...but more pitiful than those guys was the Pisgah crowd...small quite and pitiful...guess they knew the outcome from the start

Few things...thought the "all Haywood county crew" including a former Pisgah player did a beyond pitiful job..im sure they were handpicked by CHAPPELL...the one on Pisgah sideline was a,puppet...but more pitiful than those guys was the Pisgah crowd...small quite and pitiful...guess they knew the outcome from the start

Total of 16 penalties.Seven against the Bears and nine against Franklin.I would say that's pretty even.I do agree that for a Pisgah game, fans were kinda quiet.Believe part of that was because Franklin jumped out to a 17-7 lead and took the fans out of it until the fourth quarter.For the last several games it seemed like it takes us until the second half before we start playing well.
If you know anything about high school refs you should know that the coaches have nothing to do with picking the refs.

Last edited:
Total of 16 penalties.Seven against the Bears and nine against Franklin.I would say that's pretty even.
Your funny. No need to equivocate. Franklin had almost 40 more yards. Mainly because of bullcrap 15 yarders including 2 targeting calls.
But let’s talk about spotting the ball. Punt downed by FHS on 32 lifted and placed on 37 for Pisgah’s 1st down. 6’5” QB sneak with one side judge spotting him almost two yards back on crucial 3rd down play. White hat signals 1st down, chains move and as next play is starting....whistle blows and calls for measurement. Great stuff

Last edited:
Your funny. No need to equivocate. Franklin had almost 40 more yards. Mainly because of bullcrap 15 yarders including 2 targeting calls.
But let’s talk about spotting the ball. Punt downed by FHS on 32 lifted and placed on 37 for Pisgah’s 1st down. 6’5” QB sneak with one side judge spotting him almost two yards back on crucial 3rd down play. White hat signals 1st down and as next play is starting....whistle blows and calls for measurement. Great stuff
Wow Franklin had forty more. Pisgah had 252 yards in second half Franklin had 92 and you think forty yards hurt your team.We also had one targeting call.I congratulated you on your win last night and wished your team good luck in the playoffs After listening to you and your buddy crying hope you lose in first round.

Wow Franklin had forty more. Pisgah had 252 yards in second half Franklin had 92 and you think forty yards hurt your team.We also had one targeting call.I congratulated you on your win last night and wished your team good luck in the playoffs After listening to you and your buddy crying hope you lose in first round.

Anyone can spin numbers to support their claim. If the roles were reversed and this game was in the Pit rest assured that the Pisgah faithful would be going ballistic along with most of WNC. When it happens in Canton it's not relevant! You guys want to have your cake and eat it too. Enjoy that 5-5 while we enjoy 10-0!!!

Well....I’m hurt

It was not 40 yards difference it was 34.I know why you guys or upset.Pisgah held your undefeated team to the lowest point total for the year and you only beat us by 4 points another first for the year.We may not of beat you but for an undefeated team that you have been bragging about all year my bears took a lot of wind out of your sails.

Reactions: PBBear51
It was not 40 yards difference it was 34.I know why you guys or upset.Pisgah held your undefeated team to the lowest point total for the year and you only beat us by 4 points another first for the year.We may not of beat you but for an undefeated team that you have been bragging about all year my bears took a lot of wind out of your sails.

Spin machine at it's finest! Whatever you have to do to pat yourself on the back. I could care less if we win by 1 point or 100 points just as long as we win! Again enjoy 500 & with some luck maybe you finish with a winning record.

Wind out of our sails...thats bout dumb..the game was never close..yall picked up 80 garbage yards and a garbage td on last drive w game already over..so no no wind out of our sails..we will beat smoky like a rented mule ..so justify and spin it anyway you wish...your crowd was pitiful...bottom line we been In same conference 8 straight years..franklin 5 CONF CHAMPS and 6-2 head up against them bears...so y'all go post w Brevard..how good can smoky be..there the only team y'all beat....thank goodness y'all can beat tuscola or football would be dead in canton

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT