ADVERTISEMENT

Forest Hills @ West Stanly

Zack Dilworth transfer QB from Piedmont is now the starter after Oxendine's injury against Monroe. He looked great getting the full game reps. Started out 4/5 for 2 TDs right off the bat. He just needs reps and he'll get better.

Good for him! I'm routing for him hard!
He really did look good. Sat in the pocket and scanned the field looking for the open receiver. A few passes were just outright drops by receivers or his numbers would be even better. Noah Furr played the last drive but it wasn't for very long. He led them to one first down before the game was over with the JV backups.

Dilworth - 18/26 301 yards 3 TDs

The first half my childhood was just outside Oakboro. The year we moved was the year of consolidation for Stanley County schools. With that said, my Question is: why in the world does not West Stanley have such a hard time being competitive in sports, especially Football?

From a far, I try to be aware of Stanley County sports, especially since I live in Mt Airy/Surry County where 1A and 2A teams also reside.
west Stanley is not the typical "rural" school any more with Oakboro, Stanfield and Locus experiencing rapid population growth from Charlotte.
Not meaning to put any body down, just asking for information and peoples thoughts.

The first half my childhood was just outside Oakboro. The year we moved was the year of consolidation for Stanley County schools. With that said, my Question is: why in the world does not West Stanley have such a hard time being competitive in sports, especially Football?

From a far, I try to be aware of Stanley County sports, especially since I live in Mt Airy/Surry County where 1A and 2A teams also reside.
west Stanley is not the typical "rural" school any more with Oakboro, Stanfield and Locus experiencing rapid population growth from Charlotte.
Not meaning to put any body down, just asking for information and peoples thoughts.
We were talking about that last night. Stanly county has grown some but not to the extent of the growth in Union an Cabarrus County which are neighboring counties. Stanly County schools are still smaller 2A and 1A schools. Forest Hills and Monroe are 2A for instance but both have considerable more students than schools like West Stanly or North Stanly. The area around West Stanly really hasn't changed alot. Some new housing developments have sprung up in the Oakboro and Red Cross communities but not a lot. Still though they have been good in some sports but not football. Stanly County still only has West Stanly, North Stanly, South Stanly, Albemarle High and I think one new private school. Union County for instance went from 5 high schools to 12 now and 5 are 4A including powerhouse Weddington. So the growth in Stanly is slower. Their team last night looked smaller than usual and not as much speed as I've seen in the past. They played tough last night and tried a slow tempo game to keep the ball out of FH hands or we might have scored more.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT