ADVERTISEMENT

Forest Hills (1-1) @ Walkertown (2-0)

FHJackets90

Feb 27, 2018
Monroe, North Carolina
Last year Forest Hills crushed Walkertown at home. We travel up to Walkertown this Friday and it sounds like they've improved from last year's team. Forest Hills is still loaded with talent on both sides of the ball but it's the QB play that's been erratic at times. Too many INTs and Fumbles by both QBs. We gave up two scores against North Rowan due to the QB fumbling at the half yard line and another was an INT inside the 5 when the QB tried to force a pass. Not a fan of the two QB system either. Cost us in the Ashbrook game also. Honestly the JV QB is playing better than these two. Other than the QB issues we have several great receivers, 3-4 good RBs, big linemen etc. Beginning of the year I figured Walkertown would be an easy win but not now.

Reactions: Maiden Creek
Last year Forest Hills crushed Walkertown at home. We travel up to Walkertown this Friday and it sounds like they've improved from last year's team. Forest Hills is still loaded with talent on both sides of the ball but it's the QB play that's been erratic at times. Too many INTs and Fumbles by both QBs. We gave up two scores against North Rowan due to the QB fumbling at the half yard line and another was an INT inside the 5 when the QB tried to force a pass. Not a fan of the two QB system either. Cost us in the Ashbrook game also. Honestly the JV QB is playing better than these two. Other than the QB issues we have several great receivers, 3-4 good RBs, big linemen etc. Beginning of the year I figured Walkertown would be an easy win but not now.
I don't follow Walkertown all that closely. I recall they had some success when they first opened and the few years after that. Then had a lot of years where they did not do much. I know they are 2-0 but I would expect FH to roll in this one. I can't believe in Walkertown until they beat a team like FH or at least play them close until the end.

I don't follow Walkertown all that closely. I recall they had some success when they first opened and the few years after that. Then had a lot of years where they did not do much. I know they are 2-0 but I would expect FH to roll in this one. I can't believe in Walkertown until they beat a team like FH or at least play them close until the end.
They beat Salisbury by two touchdowns Monday night, who most polls had in the top 5 in 2A. I guess we don't know yet if Salisbury is way down this year. Forest Hills will tell Walkertown a lot about where they are.

If they manage to hang onto their new coach (Tripp Honeycutt), expect them to improve over the next couple of years. He's the kind of coach that kids want to play for and can turn a program around.

They beat Salisbury by two touchdowns Monday night, who most polls had in the top 5 in 2A. I guess we don't know yet if Salisbury is way down this year. Forest Hills will tell Walkertown a lot about where they are.

If they manage to hang onto their new coach (Tripp Honeycutt), expect them to improve over the next couple of years. He's the kind of coach that kids want to play for and can turn a program around.
Sounds like the current coach we have at Forest Hills (Jammie Deese).

This turned out to be a really good game. Forest Hills has some serious speed and Walkertown seemed to win up front, especially on offense. The Walkertown QB forced some throws early and got picked 3 times. The Walkertown running back #2 Kelly was really impressive and WR #0 (Curry?) is a playmaker.

Forest Hills dominated special teams all night, but a FH player let a kickoff go in the 4th quarter hoping it would go out of bounds, and a Walkertown player made a heads up play and dove on it for the recovery about 6 inches in bounds. That was the difference in the game, because WTown scored on that possession to go up two scores.

Final WTown 27 FH 21

This turned out to be a really good game. Forest Hills has some serious speed and Walkertown seemed to win up front, especially on offense. The Walkertown QB forced some throws early and got picked 3 times. The Walkertown running back #2 Kelly was really impressive and WR #0 (Curry?) is a playmaker.

Forest Hills dominated special teams all night, but a FH player let a kickoff go in the 4th quarter hoping it would go out of bounds, and a Walkertown player made a heads up play and dove on it for the recovery about 6 inches in bounds. That was the difference in the game, because WTown scored on that possession to go up two scores.

Final WTown 27 FH 21
Congrats to the Wolf Pack. Sounds like they are for real this season. Thought they had little chance to win this game.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT