ADVERTISEMENT

Final: New Bern 23, Charlotte Catholic 15

Congrats to New Bern for their 3rd title in 8 years! You guys were the class of the 4A field all season, and are a very deserving champ.

@Hokie

Since you are from the west, how would you compare the New Bern D to the Crest D? Trying to get a read on the Havelock game.

Sorry, I haven't seen the Crest D this season, so I can't answer that question.

However, based on what I've been hearing all season long, Crest's big problem tomorrow will not be their defense, it will be their offense. Crest should be good enough on D to hold Havelock in check for the most part, but just like in the Catholic game, if Crest can't score, then it's really not going to matter. A lot of people in this area have talked about Crest's D all season, but Havelock can play some D, too.

Proud Alumni of New Bern High School! Congrats to all of the players and coaches great night to be a bear!

Congrats to New Bern....

Man that missed tackle and long td pass by Hughes early 4th quarter
was a back breaker.

Maybe we see ya next year....

Originally posted by CatScratchFever23:
@Hokie

Since you are from the west, how would you compare the New Bern D to the Crest D? Trying to get a read on the Havelock game.
Coach Bryant said Crest had the best defense he has ever seen.

Would expect for JBB to say that after getting whooped. Point is both Crest and NB won titles. Congrats to both of them.

I'm sure Ethan Horton was disappointed after the game. Watched replay of the game last night when I got in from Raleigh and was it just me but when describing CC, Horton said "we" the whole night. Definitly a Kannapolis/Charlotte homer.

Originally posted by Chargers#1
Coach Bryant said Crest had the best defense he has ever seen.
Coach Bryant has never played one of North Carolina's nationally ranked powerhouses, so I have no doubt that this was the best defense Coach Bryant had ever seen.

The Wake Forest D Lineman, Lawrence, was about as disruptive force as I have seen from start to finish. He was constantly double teamed and jammed up the line. Tough to block.

Crest is a senior heavy experienced group that flies to the ball. The offense kept them off the field with nice drives and allowed the D to come out fresh and ready to thump. Some heavy hitters. Total physical domination.

Originally posted by theump:

I'm sure Ethan Horton was disappointed after the game. Watched replay of the game last night when I got in from Raleigh and was it just me but when describing CC, Horton said "we" the whole night. Definitly a Kannapolis/Charlotte homer.

Funny- If there is any people who have passionate hate for all things Charlotte Catholic its Kannapolis alumni. Guy lives in Charlotte, kid goes to Mallard Creek and he is far from a professional broadcaster. He is doing cable broadcasts of HS football. I think we can give him a break. I have heard him do plenty of MC games and its not like he is a cheering dad in the stands. Some of you guys are just off the charts with your little silly slights.

Originally posted by btango:
The Wake Forest D Lineman, Lawrence, was about as disruptive force as I have seen from start to finish. He was constantly double teamed and jammed up the line. Tough to block.
He played at Hoggard last year as a sophomore and we had to double team him every play and he still had a major impact. Anyone could see he was a beast and had a bright future and he is even better now. He will be able to play wherever he choices.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT