ADVERTISEMENT

East Wilkes @ Alleghany

If y'all are still hurt alleghany wins in a close one.... If y'all are healthy y'all win in a close one

If y'all are still hurt alleghany wins in a close one.... If y'all are healthy y'all win in a close one.

Im not sold on us winning this game healthy or not. Idk whats going on with this group. There is only a handful of kids that even act like they give a crap if they win or not.

Looking forward to that Pizzeria trip though.

I got Allegheny going to Hayesville rd 1.

Of course alot depends on this game.

Im not sold on us winning this game healthy or not. Idk whats going on with this group. There is only a handful of kids that even act like they give a crap if they win or not.

Looking forward to that Pizzeria trip though.
I think this might explain some of it. I know they are young, but East Wilkes has talent on that team. If they do focus and put put the effort in, they could be a very good squad next couple of years. I hope they will. I would like to see how far they can take it, but they seem to be going the wrong direction.

I would say East Wilkes wins here, but just can't after that Elkin game. Alleghany just doesn't have a full team. Number 3 has tried to drag them across the line all season, but the help just hasn't been there. He may be able to do that here if East doesn't wake up.

Reactions: KW23 and EWCards#1
Lord, not Murphy again lol. Thanks BK. I actually started a thread trying to get people to post their playoff projections, that didn't go anywhere.

Since it can change drastically, that is probably why people haven't spent the time to figure it out yet. As of now, (as long as I didn't miss anything, especially the leap frog rule), I have EW as #21 going to #9 Swain. That is if playoffs were to start today.

However, EW and Alleghany play this week with EW being #21 and Alleghany being #16. If EW beats Alleghany that changes everything since RPIs will change, but also, assuming that EW beats North Stokes and Alleghany loses to MA, that would put EW, Alleghany and South Stokes at 3-3 in that conference. Since SS lost to both, they would get 5th place, EW would win the head to head putting them 3rd and Alleghany as 4th. If RPI order stayed, Alleghany would be seeded after EW since they can't leapfrog EW. That would move everyone up a spot from 16 - 21. Note: after reading leap frog rule, I dont think seeding would change. You just can't qualify for the playoffs if a team placed better in conference doesn't qualify. Not likely in 1A.

That's just the affect of a single game...

If playoffs started today, 1-8 are conference champs.
1​
Robbinsville
32​
Thomas Jefferson
16​
Alleghany
17​
Mountain Island Charter
9​
Swain County
24​
Avery County
8​
Polk County
25​
Bessemer City
4​
North Rowan
29​
Cherryville
13​
Thomasville
20​
Christ the King
12​
Mountain Heritage
21​
East Wilkes
5​
Draughn
28​
Carver
2​
Mount Airy
31​
Elkin
15​
Hayesville
18​
Cherokee
10​
Murphy
23​
Corvian Community
7​
South Stanly
26​
South Stokes
3​
Eastern Randolph
30​
Winston-Salem Prep
14​
Mitchell
19​
Andrews
11​
Starmount
22​
Albemarle
6​
Bishop McGuinness
27​
South Davidson

Last edited:
Reactions: Orange01
You have draughn listed twice
Fixed. I had two 5s and no 8.

Who is the 9th conference champ?

Leapfrog - A team cannot qualify for a berth before all teams in their conference that finished ahead of them in the conference standings have qualified (Leap Frog Provision).

Reactions: BK13T-$
Here is who I have as conference champs as of now:
Robbinsville
Mount Airy
Eastern Randolph
North Rowan
Draughn
Bishop McGuinness
South Stanly
Polk County

The other conference (which none auto qualify for) is
Bessemer City
Cherryville
Thomas Jefferson
Highland Tech

Here is who I have as conference champs as of now:
Robbinsville
Mount Airy
Eastern Randolph
North Rowan
Draughn
Bishop McGuinness
South Stanly
Polk County

The other conference (which none auto qualify for) is
Bessemer City
Cherryville
Thomas Jefferson
Highland Tech

Actually if Bessemer City beats Cherryville next week, they will have a .500 record and auto qualify as a conference champ. Thus pushing 9 and everyone down one.

This is how I have them finishing.
1. Bishop
2.MIC
3.Corvian
4. CTK
5.Carver
6. WSP

CTK is 21 rpi
Corvian is 24 rpi

Now what???

Since it can change drastically, that is probably why people haven't spent the time to figure it out yet. As of now, (as long as I didn't miss anything, especially the leap frog rule), I have EW as #21 going to #9 Swain. That is if playoffs were to start today.

However, EW and Alleghany play this week with EW being #21 and Alleghany being #16. If EW beats Alleghany that changes everything since RPIs will change, but also, assuming that EW beats North Stokes and Alleghany loses to MA, that would put EW, Alleghany and South Stokes at 3-3 in that conference. Since SS lost to both, they would get 5th place, EW would win the head to head putting them 3rd and Alleghany as 4th. If RPI order stayed, Alleghany would be seeded after EW since they can't leapfrog EW. That would move everyone up a spot from 16 - 21.

That's just the affect of a single game...

If playoffs started today, 1-8 are conference champs.
1​
Robbinsville
32​
Thomas Jefferson
16​
Alleghany
17​
Mountain Island Charter
9​
Swain County
24​
Avery County
8​
Polk County
25​
Bessemer City
4​
North Rowan
29​
Cherryville
13​
Thomasville
20​
Christ the King
12​
Mountain Heritage
21​
East Wilkes
5​
Draughn
28​
Carver
2​
Mount Airy
31​
Elkin
15​
Hayesville
18​
Cherokee
10​
Murphy
23​
Corvian Community
7​
South Stanly
26​
South Stokes
3​
Eastern Randolph
30​
Winston-Salem Prep
14​
Mitchell
19​
Andrews
11​
Starmount
22​
Albemarle
6​
Bishop McGuinness
27​
South Davidson
Yeah I knew there was so many different possibilities with still a few weeks out. I just thought it would be cool to see what the current bracket would look like. I appreciate the info and the projection.

Reactions: sbbbfan
This is how I have them finishing.
1. Bishop
2.MIC
3.Corvian
4. CTK
5.Carver
6. WSP

CTK is 21 rpi
Corvian is 24 rpi

Now what???
After rereading the leap frog rule it seems like a team just can't leap frog a team to qualify. So CTK wouldn't make the playoffs unless Corvian did. However, it seems like they would still be seeded based on RPI since they both qualify.

That was an oversight on my original post. Leap frog rule doesn't seem like that big of issue/concern for 1A.

Last edited:
From what I've heard, a few of them have returned to practice this week. Who knows? I guess we will find out about 6:45 Friday night.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT