ADVERTISEMENT

East Surry HFC job

Those couple of years at AP pay could boost his retirement benefits, since retirement is based on highest earning years. Now I have no idea if this has any bearing on his decision.

A lot of applicants I'm sure of it. West Stokes former players and coaches I kniow are interested. Any MA assistants? Other Surry County coaches? Yadkin? Wilkes? Forsyth? Guilford? Lowman was a great hire. I heard someone in Cleveland County might be interested in coming home.

A lot of applicants I'm sure of it. West Stokes former players and coaches I kniow are interested. Any MA assistants? Other Surry County coaches? Yadkin? Wilkes? Forsyth? Guilford? Lowman was a great hire. I heard someone in Cleveland County might be interested in coming home.
Davey applied but I don’t think that is the direction East should go.

All time MA leads the series. MA should win next 2-3. MA 9 State Titles ES 1! ES had a good 3 year run. It's over! Lowman left for a reason it's called talent
Lowman left for more $. Has been trying to leave for more pay for a couple years now and will do the same at West.Talent level at East looks a whole lot better than West after next season. Being around Pilot Middle school you know they have dominated for a couple of years. Upcoming Freshman and Sophomore class will be very good.

Reactions: buzzcoach
All time MA leads the series. MA should win next 2-3. MA 9 State Titles ES 1! ES had a good 3 year run. It's over! Lowman left for a reason it's called talent
I heard a special kinda athelete is joining as a freshman at west stokes…..defensive back at the next level but in high school he can do it all

Reactions: buzzcoach
I heard a special kinda athelete is joining as a freshman at west stokes…..defensive back at the next level but in high school he can do it all
That's a pretty big if. Going to be a freshman huh. Let's hope Trent does more than for those tunnels and bubbles.

I heard a special kinda athelete is joining as a freshman at west stokes…..defensive back at the next level but in high school
Where is he from
I’ll get back with you….don’t wanna give false info. He actually might be from west stokes and that is why the coach is coming….I’ll let you know

Reactions: kingbluedevil
I heard a special kinda athelete is joining as a freshman at west stokes…..defensive back at the next level but in high school

I’ll get back with you….don’t wanna give false info. He actually might be from west stokes and that is why the coach is coming….I’ll let you know
East is currently in the process of interviewing candidates. First spring workout has been scheduled for early Wednesday morning. Should be an announcement to that group then.

Things have been awfully quiet for a job that has been one of the better jobs in terms of success over the past 6-7 years. No big or well known names have been mentioned as potential candidates. I’ve seen several post in the past about there being negative community involvement, community coaches, admin/AD issues, etc…. Are there internal issues in the community or school that are turning people away? How many coaches are left on staff? Are there any assistants coaches with the experience to do it?

Last edited:
Reactions: nwguilford007
Many assistant coaches have either retired or left. Not sure if administration is willing to replace those vacancies with coaches or just hire coaches in general. I've heard that's a reason why Lowman is at West Stokes. East Surry used to have a reallt good staff. I've heard interviews or at least the first wave is complete. Not certain tho.

Many assistant coaches have either retired or left. Not sure if administration is willing to replace those vacancies with coaches or just hire coaches in general. I've heard that's a reason why Lowman is at West Stokes. East Surry used to have a reallt good staff. I've heard interviews or at least the first wave is complete. Not certain tho.
First wave is complete. Looks like new coach should be voted in Tuesday night. From what I have been told we are going young.

Young is the way to go Bears went young they'll be around awhile these high profile coaches just looking for there next win

Things have been awfully quiet for a job that has been one of the better jobs in terms of success over the past 6-7 years. No big or well known names have been mentioned as potential candidates. I’ve seen several post in the past about there being negative community involvement, community coaches, admin/AD issues, etc…. Are there internal issues in the community or school that are turning people away? How many coaches are left on staff? Are there any assistants coaches with the experience to do it?

There are issues in the whole county just like the state that are plaguing school systems and pushing people away from coaching and teaching both.

It's getting bad, and real bad at that. If people don't start standing up for our public schools, they're not going to exist one day.

Young is the way to go Bears went young they'll be around awhile these high profile coaches just looking for there next win
They did go young but I believe the East Surry situation is much different. Mount Airy hired a guy that I believe was a Bear his whole life and he is surrounded by veteran coaches which will help him get his bearings.

Last edited:
There are problems in the community with a certain crowd that wants to control everything. You can look at the booster club and then look at the basketball staff and you’ll see the same people. I think the softball coach quit mid season because of issues. East needs some new admin to handle the community issues.

Reactions: BigRedFan27
There are problems in the community with a certain crowd that wants to control everything. You can look at the booster club and then look at the basketball staff and you’ll see the same people. I think the softball coach quit mid season because of issues. East needs some new admin to handle the community issues.
I have some long time friends who date back to Rebels and they say the community issues you speak of have been present in that community for some time. From the outside looking in, it seems as though every good Coach they’ve had in there through the years gets ran off or leaves because of what you speak of NCball. The list of good coaches that have either been forced out or left is long with Lowman being the latest to depart. I’m not sure an admin/AD change will fix the issues because it hasn’t yet. When people in leadership positions are on the payroll and involved in doing the communities bidding, it’s a no win situation for any coach.

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT