ADVERTISEMENT

East Gaston vs North Gaston

egwarrior65

Aug 27, 2018
Probably the worse coached game I’ve ever seen in EG history and there have been some bad ones. This one is on the AD. 1st year head coach with ZERO high school football coaching experience. Dark days ahead. Congrats to Coach Wilson and NoGa. Hate EG couldn’t land Wilson but we all know our previous coach went out guns blazing telling every candidate not to come to EG.

Last edited:
The East coach on top of the press box got kicked off the press box for cussing at fans. The head coach is basically a tyrant and won't listen to his assistants, he has to micro manage everything and he's not very good at that. The Ad didn't make the hire alone, there was a committee in place that did what they thought was best for the community. The guy who they were going to hire backed out after talking to Postell, pretty crappy what Postell did to Eg and badmouthing the only school that wanted him after he was booted out of Tuscola!

Agreed but it was still the AD’s final call. She probably didn’t have any other choice because Story was the only one that more than likely didn’t talk to Postell.

Also, it wasn’t like Postell was something special. He walked into a great situation. A little bit of talent with a cupcake schedule to go along with it. You could win 5 games on that schedule and all you had to do was show up. He saw he was going to struggle this year and he got out of dodge while burning everything down with it. And they took SP off the schedule and then your other two tough games were Shelby and Burns. Which he could never win any big games.

EG still has one of the best backs in the area along with an excellent utility player. Neither were really utilized much. Only bright side on offense was Brown and he didn’t get the rock nearly as much as he should have.

Definitely uncalled for and downright embarrassing to have a coach act like that in the press box.

For Story to be a micromanager, he needs to do a better job of it because how do you not have logos on the helmets for week 1? Just sloppy all around. He seems like he is in way over his head.

Last edited:
Agreed but it was still the AD’s final call. She probably didn’t have any other choice because Story was the only one that more than likely didn’t talk to Postell.

Also, it wasn’t like Postell was something special. He walked into a great situation. A little bit of talent with a cupcake schedule to go along with it. You could win 5 games on that schedule and all you had to do was show up. He saw he was going to struggle this year and he got out of dodge while burning everything down with it. And they took SP off the schedule and then your other two tough games were Shelby and Burns. Which he could never win any big games.

EG still has one of the best backs in the area along with an excellent utility player. Neither were really utilized much. Only bright side on offense was Brown and he didn’t get the rock nearly as much as he should have.

Definitely uncalled for and downright embarrassing to have a coach act like that in the press box.

For Story to be a micromanager, he needs to do a better job of it because how do you not have logos on the helmets for week 1? Just sloppy all around. He seems like he is in way over his head.
I had not heard about the bad mouthing from Postell on the way out..

Oh yeah. They had several applicants far more qualified that became uninterested once they did their homework..

Reactions: egfan
You know I talked to Postell after he was named at Smoky Mountain and he actually told me that the EG job was a great job. Hated that he couldn’t stay. Hoped they just hired the best candidate.

There’s somebody to blame probably, but it ain’t him.

You know I talked to Postell after he was named at Smoky Mountain and he actually told me that the EG job was a great job. Hated that he couldn’t stay. Hoped they just hired the best candidate.

There’s somebody to blame probably, but it ain’t him.
Then he lied to you! East had all but hired another guy for the job and he had a phone call with Postell and then turned the job down. That's a fact and if anyone says any different they aren't being truthful. I don't have a dog in this fight and have zero reason to lie about this...... Postell on the other hand wouldn't want people to know that he bad mouthed the only school willing to hire him when Tuscola gave him the boot!

Reactions: rockstrong
Who all applied? You can be as vague as you need to be.
Seems like it's a train wreck right now.
They had 39 applicants and only interviewed a handful. The OC at burns had the job and then backed out after talking to Postell. Not sure of everyone who applied but the DC at Weddington did and didn't get a call back

I didn't get all the specifics but it was enough to make a few people withdraw their name from contention.
Was it truths? I mean like was coaches asking about support, kids in the pipeline, things of that nature or do you think it was false stuff that he was making up? I think if he never made up anything and only gave facts and his opinion based on his experience ,then there was no wrong done.

Honestly, I think it would be really, really nice to be able to go onto maxpreps and view our current roster. Currently, East Gaston’s maxpreps roster is incomplete, at best. I just went through about 15-20 other teams just now and didn’t find that to be an issue with any other school. Who is in charge of doing this?

Honestly, I think it would be really, really nice to be able to go onto maxpreps and view our current roster. Currently, East Gaston’s maxpreps roster is incomplete, at best. I just went through about 15-20 other teams just now and didn’t find that to be an issue with any other school. Who is in charge of doing this?
While at it; can we get decals on our helmets, updated roster on Hudl too, and run 2 plays in a row without a penalty?

You have to give them the benefit of doubt, egfan. I know they are busy and have been working tirelessly all this week correcting the discipline mistakes made in Week 1. Rumor has it that they have been working through the night for a few nights already this week correcting pre-snap penalties, eliminating personal fouls and making sure that we 11 men on the field for offense, defense and special teams. Decals and posting rosters have never won a football game.

However, I guess that it’s quite possible that Postell changed all of the admin passwords for maxpreps and hudl before he left.

• Wow
Reactions: InfoMan25
You have to give them the benefit of doubt, egfan. I know they are busy and have been working tirelessly all this week correcting the discipline mistakes made in Week 1. Rumor has it that they have been working through the night for a few nights already this week correcting pre-snap penalties, eliminating personal fouls and making sure that we 11 men on the field for offense, defense and special teams. Decals and posting rosters have never won a football game.

However, I guess that it’s quite possible that Postell changed all of the admin passwords for maxpreps and hudl before he left.
You are right. As fans, we need to suck it up and support our new staff and team....things change.

Looks like they might get back in it this week, read in the paper (or whatever it is nowadays) where Cramer finally ended a losing streak and are on short rest for you guys.

Looks like they might get back in it this week, read in the paper (or whatever it is nowadays) where Cramer finally ended a losing streak and are on short rest for you guys.
Should be an interesting game. Based on what I’ve been read about both teams, I think you’re looking at two groups going in opposite directions. Good luck to all playing this week!

I felt like we were a bit better against CR (just over matched). We are still in transistion and still a mess, but I expect us to compete against Cramer.

Reactions: Maiden Creek
I felt like we were a bit better against CR (just over matched). We are still in transistion and still a mess, but I expect us to compete against Cramer.
Cramer has a young tough team. I saw them compete vs a good East Lincoln team until the 4th quarter. What does East Gaston have. I know they graduated alot I know they lost the Rowe kid to West Lincoln as well

We have some good looking players. We are struggling on Offense (QB and O line). Defense has the makings of being good. Just a lot of stuff to correct. Very inconsistant.

Last edited:
They had 39 applicants and only interviewed a handful. The OC at burns had the job and then backed out after talking to Postell. Not sure of everyone who applied but the DC at Weddington did and didn't get a call back
And the best part is at least 4 of those 39 had direct ties to EG! One successful head football coach, one very successful defensive coordinator with multiple state championships, and an assistant with a state championship background! The fourth was a coordinator in Gaston County that didn’t even get a call from the school at all!

Not saying the current guy won’t be successful but there were options with skin in the game in that community that got overlooked!

And the best part is at least 4 of those 39 had direct ties to EG! One successful head football coach, one very successful defensive coordinator with multiple state championships, and an assistant with a state championship background! The fourth was a coordinator in Gaston County that didn’t even get a call from the school at all!

Not saying the current guy won’t be successful but there were options with skin in the game in that community that got overlooked!
Now that's pretty wild

Sounds like you need to have the current basketball coach, Rutledge, come out and help with football. He took a very average team last season and made a run in the playoffs. Of course, both sports are very different but coaching can make a difference.

• Haha
Reactions: egwarrior65
Sounds like you need to have the current basketball coach, Rutledge, come out and help with football. He took a very average team last season and made a run in the playoffs. Of course, both sports are very different but coaching can make a difference.
Haha that’s the funniest comment I’ve seen 🤣.. He would have the entire team doing CrossFit at every practice. We wouldn’t look any better from an Xs and Os standpoint but we’d in shape and ready for the CrossFit games. And to be honest, he inherited a pretty good situation in basketball. The way he went about getting that head coaching job is another story. The real test will be this year and we will see how good of a coach he is.

Haha that’s the funniest comment I’ve seen 🤣.. He would have the entire team doing CrossFit at every practice. We wouldn’t look any better from an Xs and Os standpoint but we’d in shape and ready for the CrossFit games. And to be honest, he inherited a pretty good situation in basketball. The way he went about getting that head coaching job is another story. The real test will be this year and we will see how good of a coach he is.
First, I wasn't being serious other than he is a good coach. I'm not sure about the "he inherited a pretty good situation" part as they only had really 1 maybe 2 solid players. The rest were put in a situation to be successful which is part of coaching. Glad to hear he is getting the basketball team in shape and keeping them in shape, which again, is a part of coaching (maximize each and ever aspect of the game). I'm not interested in other aspects of "how" or anything, I was simply saying he is a good coach that could probably help out in certain areas, even in football. Good luck!

Reactions: Maiden Creek
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT