ADVERTISEMENT

Early Thoughts on Greater Metro 4

BlueDevil1996

May 20, 2020
Mooresville: They Return a Solid core of guys back. Some guys really need have a break out year is Howell at RB, Latrell (WR) and Caleb Edstrom will be a beast and the leader for the D. Secondary and O line will be my area of concern. JV was pretty solid so those guys will have step into their varsity roles and play well. Mooresville has a good chance if they play well finish high within Conference

Hickory Ridge: They lost a TON. They will have basically a new OL, WRs but 1 and Lost most of their defense. They do have a solid coaching staff and had a pretty decent JV but Losing so much from this past year I am thinking it will be a down year and rebuild for Hickory Ridge.

Cox Mill: *DARK HORSE*: While they did lose a bit for this past year team, The key factor for them is Coaching staff. They have now added Jonathan Grice who is a mad scientist for offense. I still think they are about year out but they will still be a tough team to face.

AL Brown: Too many unknowns for me for Brown. Most fans wanna move on from Newsome n They have some new pieces this season but they do have a lot of JR/SR this upcoming season. JV was very down last yr so Last yr was a very uncharacteristic football season for brown and They Will a chip on their shoulder but Can they have break out season?

Lake Norman: They will always be physical and be a tough outing but Their biggest question will be O line and D line play. They return a solid core of skilled positions. LN will have learn to PASS the ball at times to help their run game. Lake Norman will be in the mix but can they get over the hump?

West Cab.; They didn’t do as well as I thought they would have last season and a lot of unknowns for me and they were pretty young in spots. They have bit more experience now and can they prove they are a contender in solid conference. I think some didn’t like way coaching well last yr so this year I think coaching will be better since they won’t be as inexperienced on the field.

South Iredell: Total Rebuild- They have some players til in the building and all but with a new HC again and new staff overall and new “AD” (Interim) and South Iredell will take atleast 2-3 years to get back to where they were. I think they could get a few wins non conference wise but I can’t see them winning a conference game with all that has changed within their program but Only time will tell tho when the season starts

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT