ADVERTISEMENT

Dinwiddie County (VA) needs a game for the 2019/2020 scheduling cycle

DanvilleSportsHead

Sep 24, 2014
The Dinwiddie County Generals need to fill Aug 30 and Sept 6, starting in 2019. Please contact Dinwiddie Activities Director Jeff Walters at 804-469-4280 Ext. 5 or at jewalters@dcpsnet.org.

Dinwiddie County is a consensus top 3 team in Virginia 4a. The Generals won the 2013 4a State Championship and were state runner up in 2016. Thank you.

@Sports head, we would’ve jumped at the Chance but we just recently signed a 2 yr contract with another VA team, Heritage High, to play on Aug 30

I had the opportunity to vacation in Hatteras for the last three years. (This is the first time I had been back to Hatteras in 40 years.) I had hoped to catch a football game at Hatteras High School, since we were there over the Labor Day week. It just never worked out.

I did stop by their field a couple of times. It's a really neat place. It's a muti-use facility. Their bleachers are on wheels so they can be moved around as necessary. The far side of the field is bordered by the salt marsh of the sound. I only half jokingly told my wife that they sold more "Deep Woods Off" at the concession stand than they did hot dogs.

They had to cancel their season last year because of low numbers of kids coming out. I think I saw where they may participate in something less than 11 man football this coming season.

I bring this topic up only to say that I personally would drive five hours to follow Dinwiddie to Hatteras, (or anywhere else for that matter), and watch them play. I'm being silly of course, because these two teams would never play each other, and I think it would be a tough sell to get our school administration to agree to a trip like this. But, wouldn't it have been fun?

I love old and/or unique high school football stadiums. Tell me about these types in NC please.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT