ADVERTISEMENT

Davie Co at Mooresville Week 1

BlueDevil1996

May 20, 2020
Mooresville 28

Davie 13

I lowered my prediction from 38-28 to this as Mooresville has a few things to work on and also it’s week 1 so mistake and all that will happen. Davie will be young I believe they lost their QB/RB combo from last yr and defense will be a stronger point this yr but young so will see what Davie brings to Coach Joe Popp

Game being played at Mooresville will be a plus. I know Mooresville has strong defense. They will be fired up. 1st half may go slow but I think Mooresville opens up in the 2nd half and gets things going. Mooresville 32 Davie 14

I was at a Davie scrimmage the other day and they have a 6'2 quarter back and he's a runner and the running back looks really good, and they looked pretty good, it will be a good matchup, also Davies defense looked horrible and that was against South Iredell but my personal prediction is Davie-21 Mooresville-42

Reactions: BlueDevil1996
Mooresville 28

Davie 13

I lowered my prediction from 38-28 to this as Mooresville has a few things to work on and also it’s week 1 so mistake and all that will happen. Davie will be young I believe they lost their QB/RB combo from last yr and defense will be a stronger point this yr but young so will see what Davie brings to Coach Joe Popp

I believe they have found a pretty good new QB/RB combo in Jamarius Pelote and Leon Bradshaw, but I'm not 100 percent sure on that, Davies strong point this year will once again be offense

I believe they have found a pretty good new QB/RB combo in Jamarius Pelote and Leon Bradshaw, but I'm not 100 percent sure on that, Davies strong point this year will once again be offense
Interesting. I knew they had a few player transfers in but didn’t know what they had for sure

Reactions: Deacsfan
Mooresville defense is for real. Looked strong against Grimsley at the DJ Reader Jamboree yesterday. D-line excellent and good cornerbacks. It is going to be tough to hang 20 points on the Blue Devils this year.
Honestly when I watched Grimsley take their first play to the house… I genuinely thought that was about to be a LONG night lol.

But we gave up next to nothing after that, literally. What stood out most to me was probably the speed we had on defense.

Reactions: RammanuelKant
Davie's QB Jamarius Pelote has developed very nicely under Head Coach Tim Devericks system. He's been a really good QB for Davie JV.... He's a junior this year and they feel he can be elite, Coach Devericks always has a good QB and he and other assistants should get a lot of credit over the years. Like you guys have stated the RB is very talented as well. Again, Davie's defense is the Question mark ??? They really hurt that high powered offense last year.

If Davies QB is mobile, and can extend plays and avoid pressure, it could make things interesting.
You perfectly described him lol, he runs A lot, and he can throw it to, at least from what I saw, keep in mind that was against South Iredell

Mooresville 28

Davie 13

Brody Norman is a very good athlete at QB.It Will be interesting to see his improvement in his Jr.Year

Can’t remember the last time Davie had a Defense that could stop anyone. Looks to be more of the same this season maybe worse unless Mooresville is on another level.

Reactions: Deacsfan
Mooresville was super impressive last night, beyond what I think anyone was thinking. Could be a very special year. Brody and his weapons out on a show but that defense was literally lights out.

The only concern that I see is, Davie was just bad. So was it a true test?

Davie has been limping around with kids who would play well and pull things out over the last few yeara. This year they have shown zero development and the defense, who was supposed to be the better of the two, was atrocious. If you looked out there tonight there was ZERO aspect that Davie won or even look competitive in. It’s sad because Davie and its fans have become accustomed and ok with mediocrity.

Reactions: Deacsfan and dc1995
Totally agree BlueDevil!

I love the area for NC football and it was best when Davie, West, Mooresville, and all the conferences were tough and could post great weeks. Davie and West continue to use the “we are young” scenario. That trend can’t continue unless they literally just don’t have kids coming out to play football anymore.

See you next week at Reagan, I’ll be there early to see them warm up. Haven’t been to Winston for a game since the East Fo / Glenn battle 4ish years ago.

Reactions: BlueDevil1996
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT