ADVERTISEMENT

CVAC 2021 - Week 11 (10/26 and 10/29)

West Lincoln 21 Lincolnton 18

This was a really good game. I think Maiden Creek said there would be a lot of defense and there was. We had our chances being up 18-14, but with 3:07 left in the game the Rebels scored the winning touchdown. Congratulations to West Lincoln for finding a way to scratch out a win. We join three other teams they managed to eek out a win over. Our guys played their hearts out but it didn't happen.

Congratulations to the Blue Devils on another win. I'm not surprised the Red Devils were a tough out because of the rivalry. Out of all the teams Newton-Conover would like to beat I have no doubt Maiden would be it. I'm not trying to put in a plug for my own team but I believe the last two games the Blue Devils played will be a better send-off into the playoffs rather than if they had won by really big numbers.

Last edited:
Thanks Lincolnton, this conference is going to absolutely mad next year. Good luck to all the teams who play next week! We should have 4.

I'm just a sourpuss bc I know how good we can be and since playing that way against BH our offense has been mediocre. Our defense is our saving grace.

Watching west Friday night there is so much talent on that team can't believe they went 0 for the year!!
It's a bitter sweet for me. So glad my time on that campus is over. Been so damn hard to swallow. Then at the same time watching my son play his last high school game made me so proud of him. Sucks his high school career is over. He played his heart out on D last night. I told him before the game don't have no woulda shoulda at the end of that night, and he didn't.
I really wish he would have taken my advise and went to another school. He would have did so much more under a coach like Minor. I gotta give it to him though for staying true to that program. Sometimes we learn things from our on kids believe it or not. Gonna miss watching 44 on that field.
Burkecountyman, did you see Minor stop him at midfield and talk to him during the hand shakes? Nice to know a coach on the other team has those kind of words for your kid.

It's a bitter sweet for me. So glad my time on that campus is over. Been so damn hard to swallow. Then at the same time watching my son play his last high school game made me so proud of him. Sucks his high school career is over. He played his heart out on D last night. I told him before the game don't have no woulda shoulda at the end of that night, and he didn't.
I really wish he would have taken my advise and went to another school. He would have did so much more under a coach like Minor. I gotta give it to him though for staying true to that program. Sometimes we learn things from our on kids believe it or not. Gonna miss watching 44 on that field.
Burkecountyman, did you see Minor stop him at midfield and talk to him during the hand shakes? Nice to know a coach on the other team has those kind of words for your kid.
I know this was tough to end the season like that. We wish your son the best one heck of a player for sure I think Coach Minor is building something at East Burke just takes time!!

West Lincoln 21 Lincolnton 18

This was a really good game. I think Maiden Creek said there would be a lot of defense and there was. We had our chances being up 18-14, but with 3:07 left in the game the Rebels scored the winning touchdown. Congratulations to West Lincoln for finding a way to scratch out a win. We join three other teams they managed to eek out a win over. Our guys played their hearts out but it didn't happen.

Congratulations to the Blue Devils on another win. I'm not surprised the Red Devils were a tough out because of the rivalry. Out of all the teams Newton-Conover would like to beat I have no doubt Maiden would be it. I'm not trying to put in a plug for my own team but I believe the last two games the Blue Devils played will be a better send-off into the playoffs rather than if they had won by really big numbers.
Riddle me this and are teams not using soccer players to kick field goals? Lincolnton has one of the top soccer teams in the entire state. Could one of those kids have kicked field goals on Friday nights? Based on a weapon like that Lincolnton could have won a few more games this season.

LHSfan, he isn’t a bad kicker and he seems to have come on after the midpoint of the season. After he missed the PAT when we scored our first TD Lincolnton went for two after the other two scores and missed.

Yes Warrior I seen Coach Minor Talking to your son 44 he would have love to have coach him. Coach said that is one tough young man and he had been watching him play the last two years!! He would have got the ball a lot for us as a RB and LB Good Luck to you and your son!!

Yes Warrior I seen Coach Minor Talking to your son 44 he would have love to have coach him. Coach said that is one tough young man and he had been watching him play the last two years!! He would have got the ball a lot for us as a RB and LB Good Luck to you and your son!!
Thanks BCM, I really appreciate that!

Reactions: Maiden Creek
Hey Maiden Creek I so wanted to be at that WC/Maiden game a few weeks ago. I wanted to see my son complete against that team so bad. Covid got us. We had it but lucky he didn't get it but was in contact so he had to sit out 10 days. Sure would have loved to see him against your team.

• Love
Hey Maiden Creek I so wanted to be at that WC/Maiden game a few weeks ago. I wanted to see my son complete against that team so bad. Covid got us. We had it but lucky he didn't get it but was in contact so he had to sit out 10 days. Sure would have loved to see him against your team.
Covid got us to mess up couple games on Varsity and several games on JV's had three games against Maiden Bandy's and Newton Conover we missed several players which hurt. we are getting the program build back looks like!! Good luck to all the playoff teams.

Covid got us to mess up couple games on Varsity and several games on JV's had three games against Maiden Bandy's and Newton Conover we missed several players which hurt. we are getting the program build back looks like!! Good luck to all the playoff teams.
Hoping we can get together at next years game. 😉

Reactions: burkecountyman
Same here!…Warrior! Hoping to meet you and your son at a game soon…as well!

Reactions: WC-Warriors
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT