ADVERTISEMENT

Baseball Coverage

Sportsnut17

Oct 7, 2005
Now that HS is over, I want to say Thank You to all that contributed to the HS baseball threads this year. Especially to Hon Dines for all his work.

American Legion is in full swing, let now turn our attention to American Legion Baseball. Any info,scores,standings and etc. will be appreciated. This is for all around the state.

Cherryville Post 100 has games for the next eight days. Here are some of them: at Rock Hill, SC, Post 34 tonight; at Asheville Post 70, tomorrow; On Thursday Cleveland Post 82 & 155 at Shelby; at home against Rowan Post 324 on Friday; and home again with Randolph Post 45 on Saturday.

*Disclaimer: I'm not entirely sure this information is correct.
*Post script: as humid and uncomfortable as it is I'm glad they're not playing Caldwell County tonight.

Cherryville Post 100 has games for the next eight days. Here are some of them: at Rock Hill, SC, Post 34 tonight; at Asheville Post 70, tomorrow; On Thursday Cleveland Post 82 & 155 at Shelby; at home against Rowan Post 324 on Friday; and home again with Randolph Post 45 on Saturday.

*Disclaimer: I'm not entirely sure this information is correct.
*Post script: as humid and uncomfortable as it is I'm glad they're not playing Caldwell County tonight.

I think there is some type of tourney this weekend with teams playing at Shelby and Cherryville. Then semis and finals at Shelby.

Reactions: Maiden Creek
Here it is...

Friday
JUNE CLASSIC
(at Veterans Field at Keeter Stadium, Shelby)
Randolph County vs. Kinston, 5:30 p.m.
Wayne County vs. Cleveland, 7:30 p.m.
(at Fraley Field, Cherryville)
Rowan County vs. Cherryville, 6:30 p.m.

Saturday, June 11
JUNE CLASSIC
Rowan County vs. Kinston, 2 p.m.
Kinston vs. Cleveland, 4:30 p.m.
Rowan County vs. Cleveland, 7 p.m.
(at Fraley Field, Cherryville)
Randolph County vs. Wayne County, 2 p.m.
Wayne County vs. Cherryville, 4 p.m.
Randolph County vs. Cherryville, 7 p.m.

Sunday, June 12
JUNE CLASSIC
Semifinal – A No. 1 vs. B No. 2, 11 a.m.
Semifinal – A No. 2 vs. B No. 1, 1:30 p.m.
Championship game – Semifinal winners, 4 p.m.

Great game last night as Cherryville beat Cleveland County 1-0. The lone run came off of a Sac fly in first inning for Cherryville. Webb for Cville and Priestly for CC tossed gems as they combined for 21 K's. Not sure about Cville but I do know CC was down 8 or 9 players because of post grad plans. Looking forward to seeing these 2 teams get together again.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT