ADVERTISEMENT

Community Using Leverage For Coaching Changes

SPRedRaider

Aug 2, 2004
superraiders.com
I stumbled across a Change.org plea last night from a local Gaston County community seeking petitioners to sign demanding change at the local high school. No sport in specific; but an entire athletic department overhaul. Kind of struck me wrong, thoughts.

If it is involving corruption or mistreatment of kids I'd be all for it. If it's just because your not competitive then I say grow up.

Reactions: PrepFanNC
If it is involving corruption or mistreatment of kids I'd be all for it. If it's just because your not competitive then I say grow up.

The claim is forms of both. Mistreatment may not be the right word, moreso they indicated a lack of due diligence in certain circumstances and the lack of success at any sport.

Sounds like a mad fan to me but there could be more to it. Take it to the Principal and school board and see what happens.

I’ve seen the petition; it is poorly written at best and not 100% factual. I tend to agree with the part about the program spiraling into the abyss, but leadership is only one of the reasons.

I agree. Poorly written but nonetheless, I for one would like to see change and shake up across the board. I never want to see anyone lose their jobs but it does appear to me as though that you have some in there that are just holding positions and doing just enough to get by. Because, they know that no one is going to get fired for subpar performance... as long as you come to work and stay out of trouble, you can make a career at EG. That won't fly at most schools.

I agree. Poorly written but nonetheless, I for one would like to see change and shake up across the board. I never want to see anyone lose their jobs but it does appear to me as though that you have some in there that are just holding positions and doing just enough to get by. Because, they know that no one is going to get fired for subpar performance... as long as you come to work and stay out of trouble, you can make a career at EG. That won't fly at most schools.
You and I know the reasons (we see them every week). I agree, change is needed.
The problems at East Gaston are deep rooted and go beyond sports, bottom line the Gaston County BOE put two arch rival communities together 40+ years ago in one school and expected them to get along.

Last edited:
You and I know the reasons (we see them every week). I agree, change is needed.
The problems at East Gaston are deep rooted and go beyond sports, bottom line the Gaston County BOE put two arch rival communities together 40+ years ago in one school and expected them to get along.

Then they perpetuated the problem by building a new school where it was convenient rather than where it was needed. Had they put it in the NE part of the county like they should have... oh well, shoulda, coulda. :(

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT