ADVERTISEMENT

Community Using Leverage For Coaching Changes

SPRedRaider

Aug 2, 2004
superraiders.com
I stumbled across a Change.org plea last night from a local Gaston County community seeking petitioners to sign demanding change at the local high school. No sport in specific; but an entire athletic department overhaul. Kind of struck me wrong, thoughts.

I’ve seen the petition; it is poorly written at best and not 100% factual. I tend to agree with the part about the program spiraling into the abyss, but leadership is only one of the reasons.

I agree. Poorly written but nonetheless, I for one would like to see change and shake up across the board. I never want to see anyone lose their jobs but it does appear to me as though that you have some in there that are just holding positions and doing just enough to get by. Because, they know that no one is going to get fired for subpar performance... as long as you come to work and stay out of trouble, you can make a career at EG. That won't fly at most schools.

The millennial generation is setting in gentlemen. It doesn't just effect normal occupations anymore. You'll see it impact everything. No work ethic, no drive, just expecting hand outs...

What is so funny is when you have a parent that agrees that kids these days are spoiled rotten bastards...EXCEPT for their kid, who they give a cell phone to at the age of 10...

Just wait, our players, coaches, they'll all be lazy, unmotivated, more kids will die on the field because they're all becoming weaker.

The millennial generation is setting in gentlemen. It doesn't just effect normal occupations anymore. You'll see it impact everything. No work ethic, no drive, just expecting hand outs...

What is so funny is when you have a parent that agrees that kids these days are spoiled rotten bastards...EXCEPT for their kid, who they give a cell phone to at the age of 10...

Just wait, our players, coaches, they'll all be lazy, unmotivated, more kids will die on the field because they're all becoming weaker.

Amen. 100% correct.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT