ADVERTISEMENT

2A Clinton at Northside-Jax(Dec 14)

So when is the administration going to get tired of losing quality players cause of coaching and finally give Ron Davis the keys to the car???.....I said it before the season started Jordan has no excuses this year we have all the talent any coach could ask for....anything less than atleast a State Championship appearance will be a let down.....im more concerned about parents pulling their kids and going elsewhere.....Coach Davis has coached these kids thru out middle school and has had great success winning Championship after Championship after Championship....Thats who the parents want thats who the kids want and me being a fan thats who I want.....I just dont think Jordan is going to get it done....and I hate to see another opportunity blown because of Coaching

Interesting to see how they do tonight, heard he won’t be in the driver seat tonight. Just want a win, go horses.

Last edited:
So when is the administration going to get tired of losing quality players cause of coaching and finally give Ron Davis the keys to the car???.....I said it before the season started Jordan has no excuses this year we have all the talent any coach could ask for....anything less than atleast a State Championship appearance will be a let down.....im more concerned about parents pulling their kids and going elsewhere.....Coach Davis has coached these kids thru out middle school and has had great success winning Championship after Championship after Championship....Thats who the parents want thats who the kids want and me being a fan thats who I want.....I just dont think Jordan is going to get it done....and I hate to see another opportunity blown because of Coaching

This is interesting. I have watched the middle school play some this yr since I have a daughter involved. Ron can get the most out of his players and his players are very disciplined. I think he has more fun than the players do.They are fun to watch. Look forward to my son playing for him at middle school. After that we will take the Boykin brothers approach at the high school if Jordan is still there.

Davis may win lots of championship at the middle school level, but, come on, there is absolutely no competition there. It was the same in football.

Davis may win lots of championship at the middle school level, but, come on, there is absolutely no competition there. It was the same in football.

Davis has been a assistant on both varsity and JV, despite it being middle school still impressive what he has done show me another who has done it like that round here ill wait the kids will play for him he knows the game the parents like him..........or we can continue and let the one in place right now continue to run parents and kids off or have another postseason melt down

It's not just about championships. It's about student athletes and helping young men become successful and teaching them skills about life. Davis will be fine.

I'm not saying Davis couldn't do it, but there is a big difference in Sampson County middle school and the ECC.

I'm not saying Davis couldn't do it, but there is a big difference in Sampson County middle school and the ECC.

I think we all know what you are saying, it is a big difference but it is comparing apples to oranges. The competition he faces is about as tough as it should be at the middle school level. Which is to say he does great coaching his middle school kids against middle school competition. Now if he were to move up to High school someday the competition would get better but so would his talent. One thing that wouldn't change is his coaching. He is a players coach that loves all his kids. He likes to have fun with them but demands and earns there respect with the way he coaches and carries himself on and off the court. I think if ever given a shot, he would do great, but for now he, I promise you, is only worried about winning another middle school championship, it would be his 6th straight I believe. Competition or not that's impressive. Because he hasn't been playing with the same players every year, but the common denominator in all that is Coach Davis, he has been there the whole time.

I think we all know what you are saying, it is a big difference but it is comparing apples to oranges. The competition he faces is about as tough as it should be at the middle school level. Which is to say he does great coaching his middle school kids against middle school competition. Now if he were to move up to High school someday the competition would get better but so would his talent. One thing that wouldn't change is his coaching. He is a players coach that loves all his kids. He likes to have fun with them but demands and earns there respect with the way he coaches and carries himself on and off the court. I think if ever given a shot, he would do great, but for now he, I promise you, is only worried about winning another middle school championship, it would be his 6th straight I believe. Competition or not that's impressive. Because he hasn't been playing with the same players every year, but the common denominator in all that is Coach Davis, he has been there the whole time.

He is completely focused on getting those middle school kids ready for high school. On and off the court.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT