ADVERTISEMENT

Christmas in Richmond County

Send him to Purnell Swett.. They have a top tier football program.
I know this is not football but would like to know how many Pro basketball players Scotland county has produced. Richmond County has produced two.

Tis the season to be nice to all. I am new to the area .I got stationed at Pope. I am from texas. sorry I missed football season heard you play good ball . my son is 6foot 6 245 looking for school to enroll in jan. 3.75 gpa plays te . We play to live off base .thanks

Tis the season to be nice to all. I am new to the area .I got stationed at Pope. I am from texas. sorry I missed football season heard you play good ball . my son is 6foot 6 245 looking for school to enroll in jan. 3.75 gpa plays te . We play to live off base .thanks

Send that Big Bugger to Jack Britt best school district in Cumberland Co. and they also keep a very competitive football team.

I'm not sure what the big surprise is, I'm waiting like everyone else is. Only thing I know is this...Richmond has won the state championship in 78, 88, 98, and 08. It's 18 next year. The tradition continues.

A 2018 state championship would be the most improbable of them all. By far surpassing the 2008 championship that no one saw coming. For what's it worth, history has proven time and time again that all streaks eventually come to an end.

Send him to Purnell Swett.. They have a top tier football program.

A 2018 state championship would be the most improbable of them all. By far surpassing the 2008 championship that no one saw coming. For what's it worth, history has proven time and time again that all streaks eventually come to an end.

I believe Swett has pro-introduced 1 NFL player po-show, but I'm not po-show if there is more

Hey Rebel One
Why you playing playa. Share the wealth.....You got everyone going just like when David Copperfield and David Blaine is about to get a rabbit out of the hat. This is taking so long that I'm like

I believe Swett has pro-introduced 1 NFL player po-show, but I'm not po-show if there is more

Hey Rebel One
Why you playing playa. Share the wealth.....You got everyone going just like when David Copperfield and David Blaine is about to get a rabbit out of the hat. This is taking so long that I'm like
This is what Rebel One has to share Richmond will have another lose to Scotland in 2018 and Till will be hunting another Job With 2 lose to Scotland it will be to much to handle along with a first round exit in the playoffs, the fans will be calling for another coach. I see the next coach as Mr. Robinson got a high football IQ and will fit right in with the Raiders.

I really dont know about Mr. Robinson. He wus a tad weird but he did have a big neck which only told me he played some football.

I could hear him now:
"i not coach. i coach richmond and they fire i lose game. i not move boquisha and me from barbados to little town and then problems and then no money. then we stuck like chuck. richmond not promise nothing and too many protest. school not fire. fans fire coach. not going. not think about it. not never. better i teach here in barbados and i give grown man visa to go to nfl try out. thanks"

Last edited:
Welcome to the best and only high school forum in North Carolina Yaboy29. As a member since 2007 I will say that you are in one the most engaging forum there is when speaking about football. Enjoy it and make sure you fellowship with us often

So Hood is not going anywhere. Well this is great news to know. I am pretty sure you are a prime time Raider fan and I respect that. Someone was saying earlier in the month that Laurinburg has become the job capitol of North Carolina as of 2016. I will say, I was not aware of these until I noticed Parents from different aspect of life flooding and enrolling their athlete kids into Scotland High School because of jobs from a Counter top cashier, Nabisco Merchandiser, to Senior Systems Engineer. This is when it became true that Laurinburg will soon become the new city with Monorails, tall scrapers, yellow cabs, Ubers, and they are talking about a new international airport. The name is TBD

Last edited:
Reactions: Yaboy29
Don't ever put your avatar pic on a Christmas card!
vomiting.jpg

I know this is not football but would like to know how many Pro basketball players Scotland county has produced. Richmond County has produced two.
at least one lorenzo harrington denver nuggets could be more

at least one lorenzo harrington denver nuggets could be more

Charlie Scott, but he attended Laurinburg Institute. He didnt really have a choice in the matter. Would’ve definitely been one of the greatest Scots.

Charlie Scott, but he attended Laurinburg Institute. He didnt really have a choice in the matter. Would’ve definitely been one of the greatest Scots.

Charlie Scott was from New York City and initially attended Stuyvesant HS. He would never have came to Scotland if it were not specifically for Laurinburg Institute. He followed Jimmy Walker and Sam Jones there.

Charlie Scott was from New York City and initially attended Stuyvesant HS. He would never have came to Scotland if it were not specifically for Laurinburg Institute. He followed Jimmy Walker and Sam Jones there.
Jimmy Walker from Good Times?.....DY-NO-MITE!!

Well it's New Year's eve and time to reveal the reason behind the original statement. True Raider fans have known the answer all along. Despite the preseason hype about the top running back in the country (which I agree with by the way) the great huge offensive line, a back up running back that's better than 99% of the running backs in NC, and a "stable of other running backs," in the end Scotland still has only 1 state championship. Ben Franklin said, " the chicken is the wisest of all birds, it only cackles AFTER it lays the egg." Happy New Year!

Well it's New Year's eve and time to reveal the reason behind the original statement. True Raider fans have known the answer all along. Despite the preseason hype about the top running back in the country (which I agree with by the way) the great huge offensive line, a back up running back that's better than 99% of the running backs in NC, and a "stable of other running backs," in the end Scotland still has only 1 state championship. Ben Franklin said, " the chicken is the wisest of all birds, it only cackles AFTER it lays the egg." Happy New Year!
And the once proud Raiders have lost to the Scots how many years in a row until you stop being jealous about Scotland you will be sucking hind tit for awhile. Coach Bailey said it's Raider week that's a win for SCOTS for sure cause they can't beat us the past is all they have.................

And the once proud Raiders have lost to the Scots how many years in a row until you stop being jealous about Scotland you will be sucking hind tit for awhile. Coach Bailey said it's Raider week that's a win for SCOTS for sure cause they can't beat us the past is all they have.................
Not jealous, just happy! Still smiling!

:)The comment was made by a Scot fan that Richmond should stop baseing their season on if they beat Scotland. Seems like some fans need to take their own advice because all I keep seeing is Scotland talking about how many years in a row yall have beat Richmond. Seems like a double standard wouldn't you say?

Reactions: UNCGrad2014
:)The comment was made by a Scot fan that Richmond should stop baseing their season on if they beat Scotland. Seems like some fans need to take their own advice because all I keep seeing is Scotland talking about how many years in a row yall have beat Richmond. Seems like a double standard wouldn't you say?
This idiot Rebel one started this thread and you talking about double standards. i'm moving on cause we are in some of your fans Heads please get them help instead of blaming the Scots.

This idiot Rebel one started this thread and you talking about double standards. i'm moving on cause we are in some of your fans Heads please get them help instead of blaming the Scots.
Now, now little boy! You're just lashing out when someone pointed out the truth! No need to get ugly. I can assure you I've forgotten more about high school than you even know.

Now, now little boy! You're just lashing out when someone pointed out the truth! No need to get ugly. I can assure you I've forgotten more about high school than you even know.
convince me you know more about high school football than me why has Richmond became an average team?

I'll bite on this one. If you can't see the why on the field then i guess you really dont know much about high school football. No, i shouldn't say that because for many of the 18 year streak Scotland took the field with the better team and still came up short. But once Coach Williams broke through the mystique, the reality of having the Jimmy's and Joe's took over and has continued. Richmond has struggled in recent years with quality depth and size. Size for the most part has always been an issue. Even the 2008 Champs were undersized against everyone they played. In the glory years Richmond had kids sitting on the bench that were D1 talents (maybe not D1 eligible but had the talent). Those kids competed against the starters everyday in practice waiting on their turn, when their turn came they were prepared. Scotland is enjoying that scenario at the moment but i can assure you enjoy it while you can cause it don't last forever. Ask Douglas Byrd, South View, Independence and the list goes on and on...

Reactions: 1Twister and RSHS93
I'll bite on this one. If you can't see the why on the field then i guess you really dont know much about high school football. No, i shouldn't say that because for many of the 18 year streak Scotland took the field with the better team and still came up short. But once Coach Williams broke through the mystique, the reality of having the Jimmy's and Joe's took over and has continued. Richmond has struggled in recent years with quality depth and size. Size for the most part has always been an issue. Even the 2008 Champs were undersized against everyone they played. In the glory years Richmond had kids sitting on the bench that were D1 talents (maybe not D1 eligible but had the talent). Those kids competed against the starters everyday in practice waiting on their turn, when their turn came they were prepared. Scotland is enjoying that scenario at the moment but i can assure you enjoy it while you can cause it don't last forever. Ask Douglas Byrd, South View, Independence and the list goes on and on...
This was for the idiot Rebel one that started this dum post, i know why Richmond is struggling but it doesn't make me come on here and bash Richmond some of your fans do, i went to the NM game and Pulled for the Raiders , but Richmond Fans didn't turn out and cheer them on guess they're to busy hoping the Scots would lose.

My bad thought you were throwing that out for anyone to respond. And you are 100% correct about the attendence it was sad. Kids deserve a lot better. Also thought that game showcased the above mentioned problems Richmond has dealt with. Some big ole youngins on NM OL

My bad thought you were throwing that out for anyone to respond. And you are 100% correct about the attendence it was sad. Kids deserve a lot better. Also thought that game showcased the above mentioned problems Richmond has dealt with. Some big ole youngins on NM OL
You're the idiot bud! Nobody made you post on this topic, you chose to do so on your own. If you want to pull for Richmond in the playoffs, then go ahead. Most Raider fans will never pull for Scotland primarily because of loud mouth fans like you. Nothing against your team, just your fans. I'm betting you played for Scotland and NEVER beat Richmond, right?

You're the idiot bud! Nobody made you post on this topic, you chose to do so on your own. If you want to pull for Richmond in the playoffs, then go ahead. Most Raider fans will never pull for Scotland primarily because of loud mouth fans like you. Nothing against your team, just your fans. I'm betting you played for Scotland and NEVER beat Richmond, right?
Thanks for the reply idiot, now answer my ?

Thanks for the reply idiot, now answer my ?
How old are you, 12? Either way, time for this thread to end, so this will be my last post. Richmond and Scotland will do it all over again in the fall. We'll be seeking our 8th state title and Scotland will be seeking their 2nd. All the words in the world, all the silly name calling, won't change that one bit!!

How old are you, 12? Either way, time for this thread to end, so this will be my last post. Richmond and Scotland will do it all over again in the fall. We'll be seeking our 8th state title and Scotland will be seeking their 2nd. All the words in the world, all the silly name calling, won't change that one bit!!
ok no words just # 69

ME AND THE WIFE TOURED THE AREA . SHE DECIDED SHE WANTED NO PART OF TIME TRAVEL BACK TO THE 40,S. WE DECIDED TO STAY IN CUMBERLAND COUNTY.

Exact number would be hard to come by as he was at Richmond for 10+ years as an assistant and HC. He did have a good relationship with the coaches and schools that recruited the area.

Does anybody know how many kids did coach Hoggard help to get in college and did he have a good relationship with college recruiters? Thanks.
He must have helped a lot of kids because they named a School after him in Wilmington!!! That of course is the La Petite Academy of Wilmington.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT