ADVERTISEMENT

American Legion Baseball Cherryville 12 Rowan County 6

Lincolnton

Nov 19, 2002
Glad to see Cherryville get a win over a salient program. For me, the games high point was a grand slam off the bat of W. Blackburn out of Lincolnton High School (Go Wolves and Post 100). North Gaston product A. Pope went 3-3 which included the second grand slam of the night. T. Johnson and Harris were standouts for Rowan County along with their centerfielder, can't recall his name, but he showed how to run down and snag a long fly ball destined for the base of the fence.

This was my first legion game of the season and I was able to touch base with a couple of our more knowledgeable fans including Linkman. They think Cherryville might be pretty good this year, sure hope so, they're overdue for one.

How nice it would be if tonight's hitting and last night's pitching (1-0 win over Cleveland County at Shelby) could set the tone for every Post 100 game this summer. In all fairness though, I have to say that this win over Rowan had the look of an early season game in which both, Coach Gantt and Coach Reynolds, seem to make a good many substitutions in order to maybe vet their players, and to give younger team members a chance to gain some experience. To clarify, if these two met in state tournament play I doubt if the score would be 12-6.

Thanks CBH, this game was part of an invitational tournament that’s being played in Shelby and Cherryville.
Randolph Post 45 is there along with Two teams from down East, which I believe are Wayne County and Kinston.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT