ADVERTISEMENT

Cherokee at Swain lets get it started

BravesGWY

Jan 5, 2015
cherokee gave swain a scare last year .. I feel cherokee is better this year and keeps getting better each week.. Always tough to win at Swain ... Think it could be a high scoring game ..

Reactions: OldMaroonDevil
I think it comes down to who starts the quickest. If the Braves start fast and get up by a couple scores, it might be tough for the Devils to get back into it. If the Devils come out and stuff the Braves early and can sustain a couple of long scoring drives early and get up it might do the same to the Braves. Key for Swain will be limit turnovers and sustain long scoring drives that eat clock and keep Mintz off the field. Key for the Braves will be to capitalize on a fumble happy devil offense and make stops in the red zone. I would say being at home for Swain will be an advantage but the Devils have lost two there already this year. The Devils are decimated by injuries and the Braves have had 2 weeks to plan, heal, and rest. It is hard for me to pick against Swain at home in a conference game but just not sure this year. Braves bring a lot of excitement about the future and they would love to claim a victory over the Devils whenever they can get it. Should be great ball game with emotions running high.

A lot will depend on how well Swain's sophomore class steps in to fill the voids left by injuries. (And as gal said... the Devils have to hang on to the ball.) No telling what will happen in this season of surprises. Swain's backfield does seem to be pretty deep, though. I think the Devils will win a close one, if they can keep Mintz busy on D rather than O :)

Reactions: gal durnit
Kinda think if we slow the run down and let Mintz throw more we have a shot to win ....

Agreed. The more chances Mintz gets the greater the Braves chances are. Devils will need to eat clock and create points off of turnovers.

The thing I love about this rivalry is how close the communities are .. Cherokee has kids from swain ... Swain has kids from cherokee .. Heck swains buses run by cherokee schools... Lots of family playing on both teams ...

This is my favorite matchup of the week! As someone mentioned earlier, Cherokee almost pulled off the upset last year against Swain. Could this be the year they knock off the Maroon Devils? Both teams are coming together and are much improved from Week 1 and this will be a good measuring stick for both teams. Swain will have the advantage in the running game and Cherokee poses a big threat to the Devils defense with their passing ability. I'll give Swain the slight advantage playing at home but nothing would surprise me here!!

WOW!!!!!! cant believe how quite this thread is. I would have thought this one would be getting blown up, with the Braves having a good team that is getting better every week and having a good shot at taking down the devils. And with the Devils having what could turn out to be a down year. but most of the Swain faithful im sure are getting a good chuckle out of the fact that people are giving the Braves a shot. And the Devils are getting healthy and getting some players back. So yea, where is everyone??? So, i guess ill try to spark it up a little bit with just 4 hours til game time.

we got a little sprinkle round here early, first thing this morning and the Braves got a little speed and a good passing game. Im taking bets on how deep the mud will be on swains field tonight from thea 15 min. sprinkle hahahahahaha

Reactions: Swain97
WOW!!!!!! cant believe how quite this thread is. I would have thought this one would be getting blown up, with the Braves having a good team that is getting better every week and having a good shot at taking down the devils. And with the Devils having what could turn out to be a down year. but most of the Swain faithful im sure are getting a good chuckle out of the fact that people are giving the Braves a shot. And the Devils are getting healthy and getting some players back. So yea, where is everyone??? So, i guess ill try to spark it up a little bit with just 4 hours til game time.

we got a little sprinkle round here early, first thing this morning and the Braves got a little speed and a good passing game. Im taking bets on how deep the mud will be on swains field tonight from thea 15 min. sprinkle hahahahahaha

A little birdy told me they forgot and left the sprinklers on last night over in Bryson City. Field might be a little sloppy!

Reactions: Swain97
Nope not at all ... Penalties two dropped td passes and swains 3yard and a cloud of dust only had each team with 4 drives in the whole game ... Hats off to swain just mashed or young line

If Cherokee don't get there linebackers to start feeling some gaps instead of sitting back and waiting for them it'll look worser this coming friday against rosman .

I agree with that no reason we should of just sat there and made plays 4 yards all night

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT