ADVERTISEMENT

Chambers

Was the talk of the 4A board only 2 years ago. What are they looking like in 2024?
That’s before all of the coaches who were there were in on some shady s**t with recruiting kids and they got out of there before s**t really hit the fan. AD, HC, coordinators, and pretty much all of the position coaches peaced out of there.

Was the talk of the 4A board only 2 years ago. What are they looking like in 2024?
They will be good - but they have to replace some key guys on the OL, QB, and in the secondary. The good thing is - they still have good talent overall, but they may be a little vulnerable early until the new guys get comfortable in new roles. They have two of the best wide receivers in the state though.

That’s before all of the coaches who were there were in on some shady s**t with recruiting kids and they got out of there before s**t really hit the fan. AD, HC, coordinators, and pretty much all of the position coaches peaced out of there.
To my knowledge, the only significant loss within their staff has been Donald Littlejohn. Their DC and new OC, who took over for LJ, were on the Ferebee staff.

Chambers will be really good. They still have the majority of their staff intact from Coach Ferebee. They have lost alot of talent the pass three years but have reloaded very well. The LB Griffin could be all state as a Sophmore. Also Marley Vincent at DB will shine. The WRs in Evans and Concepcion will he really good too. Also Jaden Marshall returns at QB. They will be fine but might not challenge for the state ship though. They are also coached well.

Reactions: BoKnowsSports
Chambers will be really good. They still have the majority of their staff intact from Coach Ferebee. They have lost alot of talent the pass three years but have reloaded very well. The LB Griffin could be all state as a Sophmore. Also Marley Vincent at DB will shine. The WRs in Evans and Concepcion will he really good too. Also Jaden Marshall returns at QB. They will be fine but might not challenge for the state ship though. They are also coached well.
Jeremiah Harrison is back at WR too. He has right many D1 offers. I know Jaden had some really good moments this past year at QB and has been on varsity for 3 years, but hard to imagine that they don’t go to the portal for a QB like they did last year when they picked up Tre Rob from Creek. I do think they can compete in the West if they can get a RB. Since Hollywood’s departure, they’ve had some good ones (Braylon Vinson and Jordan Thompson) but haven’t necessarily had a feature back.

Reactions: bigdadd11103
Jeremiah Harrison is back at WR too. He has right many D1 offers. I know Jaden had some really good moments this past year at QB and has been on varsity for 3 years, but hard to imagine that they don’t go to the portal for a QB like they did last year when they picked up Tre Rob from Creek. I do think they can compete in the West if they can get a RB. Since Hollywood’s departure, they’ve had some good ones (Braylon Vinson and Jordan Thompson) but haven’t necessarily had a feature back.
Hollywood is a once in a decade type of player. Chambers may never get another Hollywood. Agree Harrison will have a great year. Jaden has waited his turn, it should be his job. If they portal someone in, would expect him to portal out for his Sr year. No way should a guy that's been in your program since freshman year should not play his SR year. But who knows.

Coach Ferbee doesn't get the respect he deserves as a coach. He went 39-5 with a two ships and one runner up. Since his departure 7 losses. While 7 losses doesn't sound bad its definitely a step back. Also the CS crackdown has slowed the pipeline some.

Hollywood is a once in a decade type of player. Chambers may never get another Hollywood. Agree Harrison will have a great year. Jaden has waited his turn, it should be his job. If they portal someone in, would expect him to portal out for his Sr year. No way should a guy that's been in your program since freshman year should not play his SR year. But who knows.

Coach Ferbee doesn't get the respect he deserves as a coach. He went 39-5 with a two ships and one runner up. Since his departure 7 losses. While 7 losses doesn't sound bad its definitely a step back. Also the CS crackdown has slowed the pipeline some.
Martin Middle was down the past two years and a lot of the younger talent in CLT is at Dub C. There’s still a lot of kids transferring into JC to play football and basketball. Frazier should very well get his first state championship next March.

I agree that Jaden deserves his shot to start. He’s been behind two very good QBs in Bubba Camp and Tre Rob and is a 4.0 student. I know they have a few kids coming off of JV who were very special but needs to be coached up more. Losing Rondell, Flowe and Jaden Meeks is tough for our defense though.

Martin Middle was down the past two years and a lot of the younger talent in CLT is at Dub C. There’s still a lot of kids transferring into JC to play football and basketball. Frazier should very well get his first state championship next March.

I agree that Jaden deserves his shot to start. He’s been behind two very good QBs in Bubba Camp and Tre Rob and is a 4.0 student. I know they have a few kids coming off of JV who were very special but needs to be coached up more. Losing Rondell, Flowe and Jaden Meeks is tough for our defense though.
Yeah James Martin sports have fallen off. There was a period of time that their football team hadn't lost in years. Now they are at the bottom of their conference. You are right about Dub C. The talent level they are getting is ridiculous. For their JV to go 9-1 primarily with 9th graders, and the 9th graders they had on varsity starting? Oh my. Then their incoming 28 and 29 classes will be loaded as well. NO school has benefitted more from the CMS crackdown.

Chambers had 3-4 great dbs that really really helped run defense. Thats where they will be missed. They are coached very well, and not afraid of contact. Chambers will be ok, but would definitely make sure Martin gets back on pace. In the Brand era most of his stars played at James Martin. They were the core of the team. With no Ferebee, Martin being way down, West Charlotte taking over Ranson and CMS crackdown Chambers could fall mid pack. So this year is key.

This will be the 1st year since Coach Mike Palmieri left that they're not getting any helpful players from the Creek.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT