ADVERTISEMENT

Chambers forfeits

I don’t believe people realize how close schools in Charlotte are and how the proximity of schools in Charlotte causes residency issues. My house (with traffic included) is 10 minutes from Mallard Creek, 15 minutes from Vance, 15-20 minutes from North Meck, 20-25 minutes from Hopewell, 20-25 minutes from Hough, about 30 minutes from Myers Park, 25-30 minutes from Hickory Ridge/West Cab./Concord.

If kids in Charlotte went to their neighborhood schools, you still would get the same dominant product. There would be a few super teams.
Don't forget about Cox Mill. It might be 3 miles from Mallard Creek.

Reactions: footballerguy.83
Those kids that went from Page to Grimsley shouldn’t be there but …then you also have a kid formerly of smith at Grimsley and that’s alllllll the way across town. I posted about that when it happened.
Like many of you have said, it’s happened everywhere and let’s also think about the money trail for a few/some. Yeah, I said it and it’s 100% fact.

Reactions: nepsy7
She is correct
They need to be an AD all day / 365 days a year. Teaching classes and being an AD is too much. I have always thought football should separate out and the head football coach would be the Director of Football and it would be up to them to make it happen but give that coach the resources needed. If the HFC only taught a class or two of weightlifting they could probably handle it.

Reactions: UNC91
Richmond lost 2 players this past season. 1 DB to chambers(Vance) and 1 DE to Hough. I have no reason to believe that there moves were not legit. Both were decent players in my opinion,probably 2 star recruits if that. What puzzles me is why they moved. Richmond has produced multiple NFL and college players. These 2 weren’t gonna get more attention at the aforementioned schools than they at Richmond. Every college recruiter in the southeast knows what type of players that Richmond can produce. By the way neither of the 2 got a championship title. I wish them luck in the future. But then again I can see why they left this welfare county.
IMHO. Richmond losing players is on Richmond. Thats an internal program issue. Also lots of families migrate from RC to Charlotte. Its a common occurrence for school, work, and family.

The CMS AD was formerly the principal at Rocky River and has worked in a couple of different systems. Played basketball at Newton Conover when they were a powerhouse and was a scholarship player at Chapel Hill.

She was the basketball coach at Indy 2002-2007.

I was just stating Richmond lost players to both Hough and Vance. I didn’t say they were recruited or illegally participated at these schools. IMHO you need to comprehend better. You sir have a hateful grudge against Richmond because anytime a poster mentions Richmond you respond with comment to downgrade the school. I would guess Richmond handed your team a loss in the past that’s why the negative comments.

I was just stating Richmond lost players to both Hough and Vance. I didn’t say they were recruited or illegally participated at these schools. IMHO you need to comprehend better. You sir have a hateful grudge against Richmond because anytime a poster mentions Richmond you respond with comment to downgrade the school. I would guess Richmond handed your team a loss in the past that’s why the negative comments.
Nah, it was implied. If not you wouldn't have mentioned it in a thread about residency issues and players transferring. RC has a rich history and my inlaws are all Raider fans. Some of the best coaches I've known coached at RC. One of the best players I;ve seen play live was the Rabbit. My on son gets "recruited" or sold on RC football all the time by family members. My nephew went to RC then MC, and back to RC to graduate but it was no issue as he didn't play sports. Have known other families that have done the same. Hell if all the RC transplants in Charlotte stayed in RC, RC would have a super great team. That's what's missing. families moving away. Hough has several players with a RC background. My son wants to go to a RC game badly to see the fire works. All the way in Charlotte youth ball klds have heard about the RC environment. Its a great tradition.

Was just noting RC doesn;t lose guys given their great tradition. RC to Hough is a downgrade to me. RC to Chambers is lateral at best. PLan to be at the Butler/RC game this year. Lets go Smithfield before the game ny treat!

Last edited:
Thinking about applying there
Murray middle school has been good at most sports over the past 5 years. Myrtle Grove always produces good athletes. Ashley has talent coming in every year. Never heard from a creditable source why the last coach left but he was turning things around. Ashley was playing hard on both sides and moving the ball. They were thin and would run out of gas but things looked different in a good way. Now its back to the drawing boards. I suspect NH will benefit as 4-8 kid will likely transfer out.

I thought all of those kids that went to Grimsley from other schools was through open enrollment. Btango or
PagePirates44 would know.
You would think that would be the case... Since Grimsley has been getting players left and right from schools all around. But its not open enrollment in Guilford County.

Reactions: UNC91 and nepsy7
Exactly Pirate44. Boyyyy do I have inside info about a kid G got from a cross town school and info on Page kids leaving. But…I don’t coach at either so no dog in the fight, I’m all about ‘fairness’..hell a kid from SE is now enrolled at G and just played at SE and lives on 421…

• Wow
Reactions: PagePirates44
If players are leaving Richmond or Scotland it’s not because to play with a better team maybe a better job and a safe place to live . In both countries neither place has the best job or good living Environment , I know it’s bad everywhere but small towns make it seems worse. The only thing I don’t like about The Who cheating team especially when a team won or went to the state it never gave the other teams a fair chance and you will never know who would have really won

I don’t understand why all these teams get caught after everything is over, does it take that long for them to investigate? Now we all are wondering who would have won , if they got caught sooner. And it would not surprise me is hough not in the mix it seems like teams that way are getting exposed
You really can't go down the road. Those seasons are over and done now. Can only look to the future. It's like playing the "what if" game after Gibbons beat Chambers for state. What if there hadn't been a rain storm. What if the field wasn't soaked? You can't go down that road. Gibbons won fair and square in the game. The teams won in the past based on what was known and believed at the time. They get investigated now and things change. But, one can't live and play the "what if" game in the past.

Reactions: bigdadd11103
I don’t believe people realize how close schools in Charlotte are and how the proximity of schools in Charlotte causes residency issues. My house (with traffic included) is 10 minutes from Mallard Creek, 15 minutes from Vance, 15-20 minutes from North Meck, 20-25 minutes from Hopewell, 20-25 minutes from Hough, about 30 minutes from Myers Park, 25-30 minutes from Hickory Ridge/West Cab./Concord.

If kids in Charlotte went to their neighborhood schools, you still would get the same dominant product. There would be a few super teams.

From 2000-2012 Butler and Independence combined for 10 championships if I am not mistaken and the schools are three miles apart. Kids can live in the same neighborhood but get assigned to different schools.

Reactions: footballerguy.83
There were 4 to 5 teams that would have beat you guys in 2019. If you want a chance to win a Ship. Move down to 3A or 2A. You beat Hough & Myers Park the same year. What's the problem?
Now Nep I would have agreed with you until you said 4-5 teams. Vance won the title period, No if’s and but’s about it. Hey Richmond we do not need to get caught up in this Charlotte/Mecklenburg County mess we need to take care of home and beat the teams that line up across of us. Let’s get back to Raider Ball because we have not won anything to pound on our chest about.

Now Nep I would have agreed with you until you said 4-5 teams. Vance won the title period, No if’s and but’s about it. Hey Richmond we do not need to get caught up in this Charlotte/Mecklenburg County mess we need to take care of home and beat the teams that line up across of us. Let’s get back to Raider Ball because we have not won anything to pound on our chest about.
I know right! I'm glad somebody figured it out. :) I'm so full of it, sometime...lmao

Last edited:
From 2000-2012 Butler and Independence combined for 10 championships if I am not mistaken and the schools are three miles apart. Kids can live in the same neighborhood but get assigned to different schools.
Chambers and West Charlotte aren’t 3 miles apart, but I see your point.

there is a small corner in meck county around the Derita area that kids can go to WC/Chambers/North meck and only live within like a half a mile from each other.

there is a small corner in meck county around the Derita area that kids can go to WC/Chambers/North meck and only live within like a half a mile from each other.
You are correct. There are several spots that happens with different schools. Nothing more than logisitics and geography. In addition to Chambers and NM look at how many other district lines come together for WC where you can live with a street or less of three district lines. WC, Hopewell, WM. WC, Garinger, Chambers. WC, NM, Hopewell. WC, Harding, WM. WC, MP, Garinger. WC, MP, Harding.

Btango also if you are in the violet zone you can attend MC, WC, NM, Harding as Magnet or Chambers, WC, NM, Harding. Lots of choices and overlapping.
Sidenote hopefully all is well at home....Little worried.

Yes where I live less than a mile decides on you being zoned for 1 of 4 high schools. Cox Mill or Northwest Cabarrus and North Meck and Hough. 4 schools. 2 counties. less than a mile

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT