ADVERTISEMENT

Catholic 42 Stuart Cramer 7

What else more do you need to write? lol.
Lol I'll just give you what it'll say now.

1st quarter. Catholic drives length of the field touchdown 7-0 Catholic.
SC goes three and out. Punt return. Catholic 14-0
2nd quarter. Catholic scored 3 more tds. Running clock almost before half.
3rd quarter, Catholic still winning. Lengthens the lead.
4th quarter. Catholic won

Reactions: ForsythCo
Don't forget the SC penalty totals.
Catholic probably had more because they had a string of about 4-5 plays with a penalty on every single one.
SC was chippy just as you said though. However, the game was never close to getting out of hand in terms of the after the play stuff.

Reactions: sasha_nc
You're a pretty invested follower of Cramer for being a SP fan in Greensboro....

So why do you care. I tracked Huss penalties as well and posted score updates for the Big South teams the last few weeks as well even though SP is not in the conference anymore.

So why do you care. I tracked Huss penalties as well and posted score updates for the Big South teams the last few weeks as well even though SP is not in the conference anymore.
That's why I'm wondering why you care so much about 3A ball, don't you belong in the 2A forum?

Don't forget the SC penalty totals.

I’d venture a guess Catholic was flagged more then SC. Back to back to back to back holding calls. Cramer was flagged for an unsportsmanlike conduct, but so was Catholic.

What makes Catholic good is their defense, thought 45 went out tonight, that huge OL and number 2. To play with them you have to match up physically. They other 3 left present some interesting matchups for them

Pretty cool little fact: This is the 8th year in a row and 14th time in the last 15 years that Catholic is playing in the third round/the day after Thanksgiving. Excellence.
Just a question ... is it true that you guys recruit and have players on scholarship from outside the area?
Don’t get me wrong ... you guys are an awesome, well-oiled machine, just curious.

Just a question ... is it true that you guys recruit and have players on scholarship from outside the area?
Don’t get me wrong ... you guys are an awesome, well-oiled machine, just curious.
No. It is not, been around Catholic for years, graduated from there and am very close to the program. None of that is true. If we are recruiting then we don't know how to recruit

Reactions: sasha_nc
No. It is not, been around Catholic for years, graduated from there and am very close to the program. None of that is true. If we are recruiting then we don't know how to recruit

Another question, just because us over here on the other side of the reee-ver don’t know. Any Gaston County kids on the roster?

Another question, just because us over here on the other side of the reee-ver don’t know. Any Gaston County kids on the roster?
I don't know where the kids live. Also since most are minors that really isn't any of your business.

I don't know where the kids live. Also since most are minors that really isn't any of your business.

Whoa! Must have interpreted that one wrong, I wasn’t accusing or anything like that. I was just interested to know. With public schools you know where the kids come from, with the charters and the parochial schools you don’t. Catholic used to post the kids hometown on their rosters, but I didn’t see it when I looked this year.

Whoa! Must have interpreted that one wrong, I wasn’t accusing or anything like that. I was just interested to know. With public schools you know where the kids come from, with the charters and the parochial schools you don’t. Catholic used to post the kids hometown on their rosters, but I didn’t see it when I looked this year.
Not sure how long ago they did that, but I haven't ever seen that. I genuinely don't know where the kids live though.

Of course ... that’s the rumor.

I was just thinking of the team I could put together in Gaston County if we were able to pick and choose who is on the roster!

Either way, your guys are very disciplined and are very good at what you guys do ... should be a tough out for anyone you face.

Of course ... that’s the rumor.

I was just thinking of the team I could put together in Gaston County if we were able to pick and choose who is on the roster!

Either way, your guys are very disciplined and are very good at what you guys do ... should be a tough out for anyone you face.
We don't pick and choose. It is whoever pays tuition and comes here that is who we get to pick and choose from. $12K a year tuition at that.

Actually CC never used to post hometown info. That is an outright lie. Check your damn facts.

Actually CC never used to post hometown info. That is an outright lie. Check your damn facts.

Such hostility. That’s what I was told. It’s ok breathe, no sense in choking on your lunch. I was wrong, and can admit to it. I’m not one of those that beats my chest and tells how much better I am the someone else. All future matchups will present Catholic problems. Best of luck to you guys...

That tuition should be spent expanding your football field. That’s a lawsuit waiting to happen. I felt like I was actually on the sideline when I was there for the Christian game.

Such hostility. That’s what I was told. It’s ok breathe, no sense in choking on your lunch. I was wrong, and can admit to it. I’m not one of those that beats my chest and tells how much better I am the someone else. All future matchups will present Catholic problems. Best of luck to you guys...

That tuition should be spent expanding your football field. That’s a lawsuit waiting to happen. I felt like I was actually on the sideline when I was there for the Christian game.
If you understood how tuition in MACS works you'd understand it is not that simple to get money for anything. Athletics are self-sufficient they don't see a dime of tuition money.

So enlighten me and probably a lot more people. How does tuition work in MACS? Did athletics or something else cover the cost for the parking deck?

Don’t misread me, I’m not accusing or being hostile...I’m just interested.

We don't pick and choose. It is whoever pays tuition and comes here that is who we get to pick and choose from. $12K a year tuition at that.

Pick and choose from those who come to your school is how we all do it ... but all “Public Schools” can only pick and choose from those in our particular school district. $12K is a steep price to pay ... but the system is not set up for fair competition when it comes to Public vs Private Schools in Sports.

We, Public Schools are confined to a school district ... where someone like you guys can allow anyone that can afford to play from anywhere ... to play; thus creating an unfair advantage in my opinion.

Pick and choose from those who come to your school is how we all do it ... but all “Public Schools” can only pick and choose from those in our particular school district. $12K is a steep price to pay ... but the system is not set up for fair competition when it comes to Public vs Private Schools in Sports.

We, Public Schools are confined to a school district ... where someone like you guys can allow anyone that can afford to play from anywhere ... to play; thus creating an unfair advantage in my opinion.
Lol the unfair advantage argument again. Yawwwwwwn

So enlighten me and probably a lot more people. How does tuition work in MACS? Did athletics or something else cover the cost for the parking deck?

Don’t misread me, I’m not accusing or being hostile...I’m just interested.
Parking deck was from MACS, privately fundraised. However, tuition goes to MACS then is divided up among all Catholic schools in MACS

Reactions: rockstrong
And there are a good amount of schools in the MACS system including Christ The King the new Catholic HS in North Charlotte. To my knowledge they are not in the NCHSAA though, they were but then left the association.

Reactions: rockstrong

GCSportsDad, the way I have understood it, most of the students at CCHS come through the Catholic Middle Schools because their parents have chosen a parochial education from day 1 of their child's enrollment in school. The district is the Charlotte Diocese, which while larger geographically than a county school district, does not mean that all students in that diocese go to CCHS. Some go to Bishop McGuiness, Christ the King, and Asheville Catholic school.

GCSportsDad, the way I have understood it, most of the students at CCHS come through the Catholic Middle Schools because their parents have chosen a parochial education from day 1 of their child's enrollment in school. The district is the Charlotte Diocese, which while larger geographically than a county school district, does not mean that all students in that diocese go to CCHS. Some go to Bishop McGuiness, Christ the King, and Asheville Catholic school.
Yes, also youll never see kids go to CC from Asheville or Winston. Heck, even kids from Huntersville(where I am from) don't go to CC anymore because of Christ the King.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT