ADVERTISEMENT

Catawba County Rankings

BlueDevil1996

May 20, 2020
1. Hickory - Hickory once again is one the favorites to win it all again. Hickory QB Brady Stober committed to Samford University. Hickory didn’t lose much and will be speedy and athletic once again.

2A : Maiden: Maiden went 8-4 (5-2) last yr and they return a good core back offensively with their QB, RB and 2 WRs with production back at offensively and they will be a seasoned team with a lot Seniors this season on both sides of the ball. They lost quality teams last year in Watauga, Bunker Hill and West Lincoln. West Lincoln will be a tough outing again this season and also Watauga. Maiden has the potential to do well this season.

2B : Bandys: Bandy will be still good offensively but Youth on the Defensive side will be the ? For the Trojans. They will still able to score but will they be able to stop them? Last yr they went 6-5 (3-4). They do return their QB but lost their best RB and WR but they do have others that had production last yr to step in. Same on defensive side as well.

4. St Stephens: Last year 1-9 (1-6). The record doesn’t indicate it but St Stephen wasn’t that bad as they had some success moving the ball at times but lack of depth n getting worn down was the enemy last season. They return their QB, prob one of the best RB in area in Brycen Gaither , 2 top WRs back as well. I heard they had a solid Freshmen class come in and they have some pieces their to have a productive season. Also Kyle Lowman is a good coach so I can see St Stephens winning a few this season.

5. Newton Conover - New Staff and lost a lot of guys from last year but They do have a Solid QB back and 1 WR back. They will have a lot new faces in spots. They will struggle bit but Wilson will have them competitive.

6. Fred T Foard: Foard is Foard and We all know what the run and do. Foard has the ability to win some this year.

7. Bunker Hill - Mighty has fallen - Bunker Hill was hit HARD by Graduation but Only saving Grace is RB Jason Willis Jr who is among one of the best RB I have ever seen in person. They have to rebuild and Willis will prob be the focal point this year but can he be a 1 man band like Josh Ladowski was back in 2014 (Lake Norman HS) ? Will see what Bunker Hill offers but Might be a long season on the Hill.

Last edited:
Reactions: Vik-Val 86
No way that Bunker is the worst team in Catawba County. Willis is good enough by himself to beat a couple of those teams.
I only seen 1 guy be a 1 man band. It’s hard when u lose almost half your team. Willis a great RB I seen him in person n he one of the best I have ever seen but If u have no OL and he prob going to have work 10x harder then last season as the work horse , Never say never but I think it will be a up hill battle vs the better teams.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT