ADVERTISEMENT

Butler vs Rolesville

Vik-Val 86

May 20, 2020
Both have good team. Last year Rolesville won 21-19. Any thoughts for this game. Could we see another close one.

Butler will be interesting since Hales retired. From what I heard Ferebee has shaken up things is relatively no nonsense which is a different vibe than normal. Most of the kids are cool with it while some were not. Defensively I think they will be ok, not as good as last year which I feel was one of the best defenses Butler has ever fielded.

Offensively I found Chambers to be somewhat predictable but their immense talent prevailed not necessarily scheme. Butler is talented but not as talented as other teams they will encounter. From what I saw from the scrimmages its about what I expected but coaches usually don’t show too much.

I am leaning Rolesville because of continuity and what they have coming back but that’s the same reason why I picked Indy over MP. My mind could change but those are my initial thoughts.

Just to expound on the second point, Chambers was the most talented team on the field they can get away with the scheme being relatively vanilla (in comparison to what Butler ran with the wing t, different formations and shifting) and pretty much beat everyone they faced during that run. Butler isn’t as talented as those Chambers teams so I want to see his coaching and adjustments when they play a Weddington, Grimsley, Rolesville, and Indy. Those are teams that have equal or more talent. It will be fascinating to see.

Just to expound on the second point, Chambers was the most talented team on the field they can get away with the scheme being relatively vanilla (in comparison to what Butler ran with the wing t, different formations and shifting) and pretty much beat everyone they faced during that run. Butler isn’t as talented as those Chambers teams so I want to see his coaching and adjustments when they play a Weddington, Grimsley, Rolesville, and Indy. Those are teams that have equal or more talent. It will be fascinating to see.
Perfectly said.

Reactions: Vik-Val 86
Rolesville has 15 D1 prospects on the team so they should be just as good as anyone in the state. Butler has to play the top three teams in the state this year which is rough that doesn’t include Irmo. Still leaning Rolesville not sure by how much.

Reactions: Vik-Val 86
Rolesville has 15 D1 prospects on the team so they should be just as good as anyone in the state. Butler has to play the top three teams in the state this year which is rough that doesn’t include Irmo. Still leaning Rolesville not sure by how much.
Do you feel like Rolesville has a shot at going to 4A State Championship game

When is the last time Ferebee coached a football game? December 2022 or 21? Also, how dominant was chambers defense when led by Butler’s current DC? How many years was he the DC, only in 2022? Wasn’t it Hackett that was the DC during those 2 rings? I think butler has way too many question marks…but I’m just a outside observer.

Off topic, but where is Hackett now and what happened to him? Last I remember he was at either Indy or west Charlotte.

When is the last time Ferebee coached a football game? December 2022 or 21? Also, how dominant was chambers defense when led by Butler’s current DC? How many years was he the DC, only in 2022? Wasn’t it Hackett that was the DC during those 2 rings? I think butler has way too many question marks…but I’m just a outside observer.

Off topic, but where is Hackett now and what happened to him? Last I remember he was at either Indy or west Charlotte.
The question marks regarding Butler is mostly aimed at the staff not so much the players/talent. They return a great deal of talent that beat two of the top three teams in the state and lost a close game to Rolesville who is in top three last season. So from a talent perspective I think they are ok. I feel the vibes would be different if Palmieri or Knotts took over Butler. I think there is a general curiosity to see how good Ferebee is despite being a two time champion. Its really interesting to see how this unfolds.

If they can go 2-2 in these nonconference games I think that’s pretty good.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT