ADVERTISEMENT

Brian Simmons - tarheelg

Otis4411

Jan 30, 2003
Have either of you posted what the 2AA and 2A playoffs would look like if you were asked to set the field? It's clear that there is a flaw in this playoff with how split conferences have affected it. I'm just wondering how the 2 of you view this? There seems to be a lot of support on these boards to see what you would do.

Have either of you posted what the 2AA and 2A playoffs would look like if you were asked to set the field? It's clear that there is a flaw in this playoff with how split conferences have affected it. I'm just wondering how the 2 of you view this? There seems to be a lot of support on these boards to see what you would do.
+1

Get The Mule with TGT along with Tarheelg and Brian Simmons to seed everything. I guarantee you it would st least make sense. Also through out a round. 32 teams per classification. Let’s make it interesting and make the regular season count for something

Last edited:
Reactions: Otis4411
I'd love for the NCHSAA to see an example of how it should be done.

Don't look at me too long; when I put up projections, I just try to follow the rules they have in place for that year....Now i definitely do have my suggestions for tweaks to their rules that I've been posting all over this (and other) message board(s) the last few days that would prevent a few of the really strange things from happening that we've seen this year, but i'm not sure we could all agree on which tweaks should be made

Reactions: Otis4411
I'd love for the NCHSAA to see an example of how it should be done.

Three years ago the NCHSAA admin unveiled three proposals for the football playoffs. My favorite was aligning football separately from all other sports. Football would have five or six classes while the other sports remained at four. Schools did not like it. Schools said it was too confusing and would make it more difficult to build rivalries. Coaches asked if they would still subdivide if they went to five classes which would result in ten champions. No, one goal was less teams and less champions. No interest!

As a former coach wrote on the 1A board, the schools/coaches can get what they want for the most part but the protect their playoff slots and percentages to go deeper in the playoffs and win championships.

Lower the number of qualifying teams, especially teams under .500, and even those if need be. A 3-8 team has no need to be playing in playoffs. Enough said.

Reactions: Wizard of the East
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT