ADVERTISEMENT

Brian Hales Leaving Butler

Butler will be good and there’s no doubt that Ferebee’s a good coach but let’s not forget that he had some exceptional talent at Chambers and Chambers had a winning culture when he got there. I don’t know where this savior attitude has come from (referring to the video circulating).

Everyone knows Aaron Brand built that thing, and Ferebee reaped the benefits...
Don’t tell bigdad that.

I am curious as to what offense will be ran. Butler had different formations and shifting and from a scheme perspective can have kids wide open. From what I remembered Chambers was more of a spread team where their talent was flat out better but nothing really spectacular. I do think Butler’s unique offense is what gave Langston Hughes trouble.

Defensively Butler was elite last year so I expect them to take a step back this season but anything can happen.

Don’t tell bigdad that.

I am curious as to what offense will be ran. Butler had different formations and shifting and from a scheme perspective can have kids wide open. From what I remembered Chambers was more of a spread team where their talent was flat out better but nothing really spectacular. I do think Butler’s unique offense is what gave Langston Hughes trouble.

Defensively Butler was elite last year so I expect them to take a step back this season but anything can happen.
I think they’ll run the same stuff they ran at JC. I’m curious to see if Fecil comes over to run the offense at Butler. He was promoted to OC last year at Chambers and did a great job with Tre Robinson. Lash was Gwood’s guy but of course he’s at Smith and the other co offensive coordinator is at South Pointe. Butler’s defense will fine. Cannon will be the DC and they’ll get some transfers in on the account of Akers. I do believe that Chambers will lose a couple of really good players to Butler. Ferebee offered a few of them while he was at Tech. The relationship has been there.

it’s crazy how a Admin can mess this up so badly
How has
Everyone knows Aaron Brand built that thing, and Ferebee reaped the benefits...
False narrative and I'm a Brand fan. Brand DIDNT win it. Brand didnt go to 3 straight ships. Ferebee did. When he wins big at Butler then u go say Hales built it. Lololololololol 🤣 🤣 🤣

• Haha
Reactions: Crestuff
How has

False narrative and I'm a Brand fan. Brand DIDNT win it. Brand didnt go to 3 straight ships. Ferebee did. When he wins big at Butler then u go say Hales built it. Lololololololol 🤣 🤣 🤣
You’re right. Gwood got us over the hump but I’d say that Brand left the lasting impact on our school/community. It was Brand’s choice to leave for better pay and opportunity in South Carolina and Gwood had the resume to take over a well oiled machine. Both men are well respected in my eyes and hopefully everyone’s in the Vance/JC community.

It’s a Big hire - I didn’t think it’s over the top but that’s how Brand and Ferebee Branded the Vance/Chamber teams like they promoted their school n players a different way then others.

I will say We will see if He that good or was it fools gold at Chambers. I think he a good coach so only time will tell but he going into a great situation and looks like most of the former chamber coaches are joining him at Butler

Reactions: BoKnowsSports
It’s a Big hire - I didn’t think it’s over the top but that’s how Brand and Ferebee Branded the Vance/Chamber teams like they promoted their school n players a different way then others.

I will say We will see if He that good or was it fools gold at Chambers. I think he a good coach so only time will tell but he going into a great situation and looks like most of the former chamber coaches are joining him at Butler
He didn’t go to North Meck he went to Butler so he is joining a pretty good situation especially with what is projected to return at Butler. Looks like the power has shifted south now that Independence is rolling and Weddington winning a championship. Should make for some interesting and competitive football

The Charlotte area is FULL of coaches who just constantly want attention and want everyone to see them. Me, me, me! I won’t call anyone out by name - but there are at least 5 that pop into my head immediately.
Think about it 🎓📜

The Charlotte area is FULL of coaches who just constantly want attention and want everyone to see them. Me, me, me! I won’t call anyone out by name - but there are at least 5 that pop into my head immediately.
Facts! I’m interested to see who we pick up at Chambers on the staff. I know Brandon Wiggins is 100% against the trash talking and video culture. Chambers Football was one of the most followed/most viewed programs on Instagram/TikTok/X in the US a few seasons ago. We’ve built that culture and brand but I’m okay with it moving back to strictly smash mouth football and promoting our players’ athletic abilities for college opportunities.

Facts! I’m interested to see who we pick up at Chambers on the staff. I know Brandon Wiggins is 100% against the trash talking and video culture. Chambers Football was one of the most followed/most viewed programs on Instagram/TikTok/X in the US a few seasons ago. We’ve built that culture and brand but I’m okay with it moving back to strictly smash mouth football and promoting our players’ athletic abilities for college opportunities.
The most viewed in the U.S? 😂😂😂 Now that’s Vain.

Last edited:
Yeah. Have to get some guys over ASAP. Butler is getting a great set of coaches. Just tough for Wiggins. To see the majority of your staff leave with a former coach can be disheartening. Especially a staff that's 100% dialed in to youth ball, training and middle school sports. Coach Wiggins needs to focus on player retention as they have good talent, but the flood gates may be opening. MC, WC, and Butler in line for a windfall.

Think about it 🎓📜
I know coaches who post ONLY to promote their programs and their student-athletes, which is what a HC should do. Those are the kinds of coaches that I would want my kids to play for - humble, hungry, and program-first - always.

There are plenty of coaches (HC's, OC's, DC's, fake OC's and DC's - coaches who just put it in their bios to sound cool or to seem more relevant than they actually are) who are the EXACT opposite. I get it - people want to become Twitter or IG or whatever else famous and have a large following - but it's such a bad look when you see people who are constantly posting pictures of themselves where the focus is clearly meant to be on them and not their programs. From an outsider (and someone who coached HS football for about 10 years) - it's just really cringey and such a bad look because it's obvious it's all about them and not their programs.

Yeah. Have to get some guys over ASAP. Butler is getting a great set of coaches. Just tough for Wiggins. To see the majority of your staff leave with a former coach can be disheartening. Especially a staff that's 100% dialed in to youth ball, training and middle school sports. Coach Wiggins needs to focus on player retention as they have good talent, but the flood gates may be opening. MC, WC, and Butler in line for a windfall.
We’re good at the Creek. That stuff will eventually catch up to your program. Fake affidavits, staying with your Uncles, cousins, best friend is not worth the risk. A bunch of kids showing up at a new school, will draw a lot of attention. Some of the registrars are not on board, and willing to lose their job over incorrect paperwork. You don’t have to catch all of them. It only takes one. If you do it the right or wrong way, it can be a financial strain. Driving cross town for school every day is not cheap, or getting an apartment can be costly.

Last edited:
Also that culture was attractive to a certain set of athletes and families and Chambers took full advantage. Some folks love Deion types, some don't. Some like the Knotts types, and some don't. Some like the Brodowicz types some dont. Some like Hales types some dont. The flashy types that I've seen around Charlotte are some of the most dedicated and hard working coaches behind closed doors and push athletes to succeed and go to college. Some of the quiet low key coaches could careless about a player and only focus on program. When that players eligibility is gone, and he aint playing in college the coach could careless about said player. So the school/environment plays a huge part in how the coach/program markets itself.

Coach Hales is a stand up guy and when you look up old school hard nose football coach his picture comes up. His offense is the best designed offense in the Charlotte area hands down. A technician and great guy. Only issue with these type of offenses is you can scheme/plan for them and if you can match up physically you have a great chance of shutting it down as its system based. Hence 35 on Indy first game and 7 the 2nd. This also happened vs, MP years ago too.

Ferebee's offense is a more high octane and athlete based. Its a more adjustable offense that reacts to the defense and has base concepts but not a set system. The Chambers 2019 playoff offense was so balanced and managed clock super well. This is one clear advantage Ferebee has is game management between offense and defense. All gas and no brakes can sometimes run you into a wall.

We’re good at the Creek. That stuff will eventually catch up to your program. Fake affidavits, staying with your Uncles, cousins, best friend is not worth the risk. A bunch of kids showing up at a new school, will draw a lot of attention. Some of the registrars are not on board, and willing to lose their job over incorrect paperwork. You don’t have to catch all of them. It only takes one. If you do it the right or wrong way, it can be a financial strain. Driving cross town for school every day is not cheap, or getting an apartment can be costly.
Was speaking more so the true residency guys and not the fake stuff. The CMS crackdown has really helped. With those school boundaries touching and all being in the violet zone the players will go to where they are supposed to go MC. MC has been the class program in Charlotte since it opened. MC also has a great attendance zone in comparison with Chambers. Chambers may hit an athletic drop next few years if players don't actively seek them out. We already know the parents will drive cross town. With 485 its easier.

Nepsy or Btango can a player participate in spring ball at HS A, and then transfer over the summer and attend HS B? With the same sport rule not applying because a new school year? Or does said player just not participate in spring ball at HS A, and then transfer over summer to B? was curious since ball starts tomorrow for most.

Was speaking more so the true residency guys and not the fake stuff. The CMS crackdown has really helped. With those school boundaries touching and all being in the violet zone the players will go to where they are supposed to go MC. MC has been the class program in Charlotte since it opened. MC also has a great attendance zone in comparison with Chambers. Chambers may hit an athletic drop next few years if players don't actively seek them out. We already know the parents will drive cross town. With 485 its easier.

Nepsy or Btango can a player participate in spring ball at HS A, and then transfer over the summer and attend HS B? With the same sport rule not applying because a new school year? Or does said player just not participate in spring ball at HS A, and then transfer over summer to B? was curious since ball starts tomorrow for most.
That’s one for Btango! 🤷🏾‍♂️😂

Last edited:
Reactions: bigdadd11103
The most viewed in the U.S? 😂😂😂 Now that’s Vain.
Two of the videos had over 2 million views. The Hollywood video at Gibbons and the RB coach rappin the NBA Youngboy song 😂. Chambers Football has almost 35k followers on Instagram alone.

Also that culture was attractive to a certain set of athletes and families and Chambers took full advantage. Some folks love Deion types, some don't. Some like the Knotts types, and some don't. Some like the Brodowicz types some dont. Some like Hales types some dont. The flashy types that I've seen around Charlotte are some of the most dedicated and hard working coaches behind closed doors and push athletes to succeed and go to college. Some of the quiet low key coaches could careless about a player and only focus on program. When that players eligibility is gone, and he aint playing in college the coach could careless about said player. So the school/environment plays a huge part in how the coach/program markets itself.

Coach Hales is a stand up guy and when you look up old school hard nose football coach his picture comes up. His offense is the best designed offense in the Charlotte area hands down. A technician and great guy. Only issue with these type of offenses is you can scheme/plan for them and if you can match up physically you have a great chance of shutting it down as its system based. Hence 35 on Indy first game and 7 the 2nd. This also happened vs, MP years ago too.

Ferebee's offense is a more high octane and athlete based. Its a more adjustable offense that reacts to the defense and has base concepts but not a set system. The Chambers 2019 playoff offense was so balanced and managed clock super well. This is one clear advantage Ferebee has is game management between offense and defense. All gas and no brakes can sometimes run you into a wall.
In regard to the Hales offense it depends on the quarterback. The Anthony Ratliff Williams version is much different than Davis Cheek and both offenses were really good. The Metzger and Brower versions were different than their predecessors. Brower had more running ability so more of the spread was used.

Point being is if he gets a QB he can trust, Butler can put up points on anybody because he will open up the playbook. The times Butler has struggled from an offensive perspective was usually because he didn’t fully trust the QB which made the offensive predictable. I thought Butler utilized the run game more this year than last year because Lawrence will throw a couple to the other team.

I am interested to see how Ferebee will implement his offense.

I know coaches who post ONLY to promote their programs and their student-athletes, which is what a HC should do. Those are the kinds of coaches that I would want my kids to play for - humble, hungry, and program-first - always.

There are plenty of coaches (HC's, OC's, DC's, fake OC's and DC's - coaches who just put it in their bios to sound cool or to seem more relevant than they actually are) who are the EXACT opposite. I get it - people want to become Twitter or IG or whatever else famous and have a large following - but it's such a bad look when you see people who are constantly posting pictures of themselves where the focus is clearly meant to be on them and not their programs. From an outsider (and someone who coached HS football for about 10 years) - it's just really cringey and such a bad look because it's obvious it's all about them and not their programs.
You don't have to like it. Kids getting scholarships. Results speak for themselves.

That’s one for Btango! 🤷🏾‍♂️😂
Ok. Hopefully he chimes in. In most cases I know of the player transferred at semester and played spring ball with new team. With the announcement so close to spring didn't know how it applied for guys leaving after spring.

In the past it was not issue to do the spring at one school and be at another school for the fall and play sports. My understanding of the rule was dressing for a game determined participation.

In the past it was not issue to do the spring at one school and be at another school for the fall and play sports. My understanding of the rule was dressing for a game determined participation.
Thanks for the clarification. Didn't know if spring football counted as a sport or a practice period. Assume those Chambers guys will do spring at Chambers and then move over the summer. Seems to be a loophole.

Thanks for the clarification. Didn't know if spring football counted as a sport or a practice period. Assume those Chambers guys will do spring at Chambers and then move over the summer. Seems to be a loophole.
Start of Fall practice used to be the cutoff date unless you were a senior going back to your home school. Eric Lyons rule changed a lot of that stuff happening post August 1st

Start of Fall practice used to be the cutoff date unless you were a senior going back to your home school. Eric Lyons rule changed a lot of that stuff happening post August 1st
So they can spring ball at HS A, and then transfer to HS B prior to Aug 1 or fall practice? Looks like Tyran is at Hough already....

• Wow
2 questions:

1- I have no idea of the details, but didn't Smothers make some transfer mistakes and loose his senior year?

2- Where are the players left over from last year's Butler team going when the new team from Chambers
arrives?

2 questions:

1- I have no idea of the details, but didn't Smothers make some transfer mistakes and loose his senior year?

2- Where are the players left over from last year's Butler team going when the new team from Chambers
arrives?
Butler went 12-2 last season and returns a huge chunk of the team, and was maybe the most talented team in CMS, for sure more talent at butler than at chambers. So some of those chambers kids could transfer to butler and get a rude awakening, but for sure some could probably move to butler and play plenty.

Forebee is inheriting probably the best QB in Charlotte, one of the best RBs, and maybe the best OL unit in the whole city. The QB, multiple OLs, and the WR Currence are all D1 prospects and all hold offers. The defense is the same, several DL with D1 offers and were a better unit than the DL at chambers. They also have 3 2026 linebackers that are all moving up that have huge potential, especially Dejon Douglas and Tyler Dent who will probably play D1 ball. The secondary has really talented pieces as well, especially the rising sophomore, Anthony McGill (2027 DB) he is the real deal his pops played under Newsome, Shag, and Hales back in the 2000s.

Ferebee and butler will be a state title contender day #1 with the roster the staff is being handed.

The only part that hurts about this is that as a butler guy I hate to see Stone potentially leave. He is a great coach, the kids LOVE him, as do all of butler faithful. Great man, great coach.

If they practice for any period of time on the official 1st day of practice. They’re locked into that school for the year. If they attend that practice, and move. They’ll automatically be 365. That’s a 45 minute drive from the University area to Butler in the morning.🤷🏾‍♂️ Are they going to car pool? 😂

If they practice for any period of time on the official 1st day of practice. They’re locked into that school for the year. If they attend that practice, and move. They’ll automatically be 365. That’s a 45 minute drive from the University area to Butler in the morning.🤷🏾‍♂️ Are they going to car pool? 😂
Players aren’t locked in until they participate on August 1st which is day 1 of practice right? I’ve seen for years now kids jump around during June and July.

Butlers attendance boundary map is Matthews and some of East Charlotte….the rent in East Charlotte is much cheaper than Matthews if anyone is wondering 😂😂🤷🏾‍♂️.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT