ADVERTISEMENT

Boys games; charter schools

I'm sorry appvol...I got the impression that her school would accept or reject students based on the interview process. If they are automatically accepted by the lottery (regardless if they interview well or not), then this would be similar to a NC charter school admission process. The charter schools cannot select certain students on any basis.

I just forgot to say that kids are picked by a lottery.I think when they take more kids at the higher grades if a kid doesn't interview well or has struggled at their old school they may have a harder time getting in.

Once a kid gets they are in for their duration of education. Siblings are automatically brought in as well. I have relatives at Pine Lake Prep and Statesville Renaissance. I advise you to research how charter schools are in nc. More complex and advanced than most traditional institutions

At Charter schools there is a lottery. It goes into a state mandated machine (the state actually comes to the school and electronically does the lottery) so there are no favoritism shown to ANY student. If the school has an opening and your number is up next then they offer a seat. Unfortunately, seats are becoming hard to get no matter what grade you are in. So, as you can see this eliminates the "recruiting" tool everyone says about charters. I don't know any stud athletes taking the time to put themselves on a lottery, hoping to get in, risking eligibility rules, all in the hopes of playing at the 1A level. Again, I know tons of kids that have wanted to get into Lincoln Charter but couldn't because they were too far down the lottery list to get in. I know last year a 7'1 kid applied and had to go through the process. He didn't get in and went to a different school. So, if LC was cheating I know plenty of kids who would be in school, playing sports, and creating a dominating sports environment. That simply does not happen at LC. Again, I don't know how others do it but it seems clear to me that LC does it the right way.

EaglePride is on target. I think that big 7 footer ended up at Lincolnton if I am not mistaken

EaglePride23...good synopsis of the lottery process! On another board, there was a question why LC does not have a football program, despite being one of the larger 1A programs in terms of ADM (593 for next realignment). Are there any plans to add football to the LC program? Also, it looks like the average class size at LC may be approaching 175 based on the state PLAN figures, which would give LC a total high school enrollment of 675-700 in a few years. By 2022, this would put LC at the 2A level. Do you think LC wants to be a 2A, like Lake Norman Charter? Very good kids at LC by the way.

At Charter schools there is a lottery. It goes into a state mandated machine (the state actually comes to the school and electronically does the lottery) so there are no favoritism shown to ANY student. If the school has an opening and your number is up next then they offer a seat. Unfortunately, seats are becoming hard to get no matter what grade you are in. So, as you can see this eliminates the "recruiting" tool everyone says about charters. I don't know any stud athletes taking the time to put themselves on a lottery, hoping to get in, risking eligibility rules, all in the hopes of playing at the 1A level. Again, I know tons of kids that have wanted to get into Lincoln Charter but couldn't because they were too far down the lottery list to get in. I know last year a 7'1 kid applied and had to go through the process. He didn't get in and went to a different school. So, if LC was cheating I know plenty of kids who would be in school, playing sports, and creating a dominating sports environment. That simply does not happen at LC. Again, I don't know how others do it but it seems clear to me that LC does it the right way.
Great post. It should have been obvious to us all along that LC does not have an advantage. Sorry that we ever insinuated they did. LOL

These charter schools running the "fair and balanced" lotteries are having extremely good luck in getting good athletes. These guys should be playing the Powerball with that kind of luck!!!! RITFLMBO
Good one Mont ... these non-traditional school parents and advocates are a hoot. Oh no, nothing untoward going on here ... pay no attention to the "Man behind the Curtain"!!!!!!! LOLOLOL

EaglePride23...good synopsis of the lottery process! On another board, there was a question why LC does not have a football program, despite being one of the larger 1A programs in terms of ADM (593 for next realignment). Are there any plans to add football to the LC program? Also, it looks like the average class size at LC may be approaching 175 based on the state PLAN figures, which would give LC a total high school enrollment of 675-700 in a few years. By 2022, this would put LC at the 2A level. Do you think LC wants to be a 2A, like Lake Norman Charter? Very good kids at LC by the way.

EaglePride23....any response to my post from last week?

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT