ADVERTISEMENT

Boys: #2 Lincoln Charter (34). #1 WSPrep *** FINALS Score *** Scores *** 1A thru 4A Boy's & Girl's

Status
Not open for further replies.
Disappointed no one posted scores for me....
I only had time at work to get the halftime score.Had a goal for this thread LOL, who cares but me.......
:mad::mad::mad:
Done for the day ! Oh I didn't do anything .

Last edited:
We were keeping up with scores on dramas thread sorry
Already not happy I had to work. Just a bad mood. Who's dramas and where was that thread.
Oh well scores got posted, just hate I could not finish out the year.May not be able to do it next year.

FNL, Deanna was doing updates under sticky threads. Live updates western regionals from joel coliseum
I found it, I kept checking my thread when I got a chance at work thinking the thread would be carried on. I had Mount Airy on the radio but only got a chance to post the halftime score. I guess if you have to snooze you lose. LOL. I was hoping for 6000 views as this may be the last year I can have the mind set to keep up. But I did my best this year and paid the toll at times. Want get into that though. Maybe I can get a little football next year. Hope to anyway. Thanks and good luck next year !

Last edited:
Reactions: sbbbfan and MHS-88
Already not happy I had to work. Just a bad mood. Who's dramas and where was that thread.
Oh well scores got posted, just hate I could not finish out the year.May not be able to do it next year.
Hard to watch and type. Too much excitement for me. Don't know how you do it

Hard to watch and type. Too much excitement for me. Don't know how you do it
Try listening to 2 and sometimes 3 football games on the radio and 3 other websites and much of the same on basketball to get all the football and basketball scores on a friday night and throw in boys and girls 2 & 3 times a week basketball and it really takes a toll . I have done it for 4 or five years or more and it has started to get to me. I want do basketball next year,that for sure. Football is a ???? Was hopping to go out with a bang. LOL then I was scheduled to work. I only get 3 ,6 hour days as I am retired and need the extra money. I guess Deana did a better job posting live updates. That is a thought , I may just cover the Bears on live updates next year in football.

Last edited:
Final 1A Girls: Mount Airy (46) Murphy (35)
Final 1A Boys: #2 Lincoln Charter (53) #1 Winston-Salem Prep (69)

NWC 1-A Boys & Girls play for The State Championship next Saturday March 10th

Mount Airy Girls vs Pamlico Co. @ 12 Noon @ NC State’s Reynolds Coliseum
WSPrep Boys vs Pamlico Co. @ 2:30 @ NC State’s Reynolds Coliseum

I can hear the Mount Airy Girls on the Radio but can't post scores as I will be working. So I guess I am done :( ........... Good Luck to our NWC 1-A teams Mount Airy & WSPrep
Bring home the 2017 - 2018 Basketball Championships to the Northwest Conference

Last edited:
Reactions: sbbbfan
I would like to thank everyone for your help,views & likes while doing the scores,Football & Basketball. In boring times it gave me something to do and always looked forward to it till it started getting my nerves but I couldn't give up. So many times I wanted to give up but when I commit to something I can't give up. For anyone I may have made mad, you have my apologies, it was all in fun. I really don't think I can do this next year. It's been fun but stressfull.I really hope someone will take my place next year so I can see all the scores in one place. What a way to end my scoring season not getting to post the scores ! Not going off NCPrep just want be doing the scores anymore on here or Twitter. :) I will miss it but not the stress.

Last edited:
Area Teams From The 1-A NWC & 2-A MVC
1A- Mount Airy Girls vs Pamlico Co. @ 12 Noon @ NC State’s Reynolds Coliseum
1A- WSPrep Boys vs Pamlico Co. @ 2:30 @
NC State’s Reynolds Coliseum

2A- North Wilkes Girls vs North Pitt @ 12noon @ the Dean E.
Smith Center

Reactions: sbbbfan
Poor Lincoln charter . They had the best team money could buy and still couldn’t get past the team that recruits itself. Good season to both

You are an idiot dude and a sorry excuse for a fan. Those kids at LCS have been at LCS since 6th grade playing together. Look at their roster and you will see the same kids year in and year out. Bad news for you and others is LCS middle school hasn't lost in 4 years and JV only lost 4 games in two years. It's called a program not recruiting. Let's see who "transfers" or shows up again at your school for next season. I'm sure it will be a different coach or players agin. Worry about playing someone other than mountain teams to prepare your team so you don't get beat in 1st round every year. Go play 3A or 4A teams to see how good you are or aren't. CSD wasn't that good , lost to LCS by 50, and you couldn't beat them on your on court. So get on the level of teams you put down before you try and take shots. LCS will be back, not by recruiting, but because they have a program. The question is will you? Why don't you tell your coach to call the coaches at LCS and set up a non conference game. I'm sure they wouldn't mind. But that's not what your about. Stay in the mountains and pretend.

Reactions: MDS80
I’ll pretend d1 kids just show up at 1a schools year after and year and pretend they all come from a 1a middle school . Too bad y’all sitting same place as us at the house

Your so stupid you don't understand those kids have worked to make themselves a college player. We might be sitting at home but at least we didn't pretend. Come on off that mountain more often and see what real basketball is about. Wonder who transfers in for you guys next year??? Wonder who the coach will be??? Pretenders always sit at home when it comes playoff time. Please do LCS a favor and give their coaches a call and set up a game. I'm sure they won't have a problem coming to you. Please. At least, even in a loss, your maxprep ranking will go up. Come on pretender make that happen.

Same pretender as your team loaded with d1 players who still couldn’t win little ole 1a b-ball with all your advantages. Enjoy the game and buy a ticket just like i will . Or I forgot your kids just work harder.

"Pretenders always sit at home when it comes playoff time" Cherokee made the playoffs just like Lincoln Charter. Fact is, LCS is sitting at the house like Cherokee and all the other teams who lost.

They didn't lose in first round and made it to regional finals when you guys started baseball 3 weeks ago. And who are all of these D1 kids you are referring to? LCS has one kid with a D1 scholarship and he is 5'10 at best. Again, come down and play someone pretender. And LCS has a ring. Do you? Didn't think so. Please play LCS it will improve your rankings even when you lose by 50. Come on.

Ugh, I told myself don't get involved in this, this topic has been beaten to death every sports season and no doubt will continue to be.

Now I'm not complaining about the fact they are winning, they are playing by the rules that the state has set forth. I totally understand that, I really hope and don't think any school is intentionally cheating. Heck, kids transfer to and from schools all across the state for athletics. I wish there was something that could be done about that as well. In a lot of cases it is the parents who make the kids transfer and I don't think that it is always in the child's best interest.

But if charters and preps have no advantage how do you explain that 7 of the past 10 men's champions and like 11 of the past 13 women's champs have been charters or preps, when they make up a very small percentage of the 1a schools?

I know they work harder, but I doubt that is all of it. Amazing how those few schools continually have the kids who work harder than the rest of the state.

Congrats to all 4 teams playing this coming weekend and yes I know 3 of the 4 are not charters or preps. Great for Pamlico to send both teams.

Before anyone says it I know better than anyone Mitchell Basketball has been down for a long time (like forever minus 2, 2a state titles in womens bball) and may always stay that way, but I do know that some of the kids work their butts off, they are just simply not as talented.

Apologies for the ramblings of this old man.

Now I will stay out of this the rest of the way.

GO Mountaineers

I’ll pretend d1 kids just show up at 1a schools year after and year and pretend they all come from a 1a middle school . Too bad y’all sitting same place as us at the house
You were sitting a lot earlier though lol

You are an idiot dude and a sorry excuse for a fan. Those kids at LCS have been at LCS since 6th grade playing together. Look at their roster and you will see the same kids year in and year out. Bad news for you and others is LCS middle school hasn't lost in 4 years and JV only lost 4 games in two years. It's called a program not recruiting. Let's see who "transfers" or shows up again at your school for next season. I'm sure it will be a different coach or players agin. Worry about playing someone other than mountain teams to prepare your team so you don't get beat in 1st round every year. Go play 3A or 4A teams to see how good you are or aren't. CSD wasn't that good , lost to LCS by 50, and you couldn't beat them on your on court. So get on the level of teams you put down before you try and take shots. LCS will be back, not by recruiting, but because they have a program. The question is will you? Why don't you tell your coach to call the coaches at LCS and set up a non conference game. I'm sure they wouldn't mind. But that's not what your about. Stay in the mountains and pretend.
Both team have advantages. WSPrep & LCS both have no boundaries as they can recuit from all schools in their county. Forsyth County county has a population of 365,000. Forsyth Co. actually has a day each year that students can chose which school they will attend the next year which Forsyth Co has been open enrollment as long as I can remember. Sure other kids in 1A probably change schools but most all 1A schools are in small counties as Surry Co under 74,000., Stokes Co under 48,000 & Swain Co.under 14,000 and the city schools in those counties probably average 5,000 or less. Tell me these schools don't practice and play hard in all sports to get to the playoffs. Private & Charter have no boundaries period ! ! Note most counties population was from the last census in 2010 and next one will be 2020 so some counties may be up or down some at this time.
Mecklenburg Population alone is over 1 million (est.) (2016) 1,054,835

What defines Lincoln Charter School?

• Family friendly, small school environment for students in elementary through high school (K-12)
  • Tuition-free public school serving Lincoln, Catawba, Gaston, Iredell, Mecklenburg and surrounding counties
  • Sponsors a lunch program
  • Encourages and recognizes the importance of parental involvement

Last edited:
Reactions: AHVikingNation
I mean take Millennium charter in Mount Airy. Put the right coach and backers in place there and every Surry county team better watch out.

But noway would they have an advantage in 1A ball if they had all the best players from East Surry, Mount Airy, North Surry, Elkin and Surry Central. There would still be some fool on here claiming they just work harder and no kid is outside a 25 mile radius from the school.

Reactions: BravesGWY
I mean take Millennium charter in Mount Airy. Put the right coach and backers in place there and every Surry county team better watch out.

But noway would they have an advantage in 1A ball if they had all the best players from East Surry, Mount Airy, North Surry, Elkin and Surry Central. There would still be some fool on here claiming they just work harder and no kid is outside a 25 mile radius from the school.
I will be the first to say and I live in the city of Mount Airy about 3 miles from both schools,if they start playing football or just plays basketball and puts the right coachs and backers in place " They will be an advantaged school as well ". It is probably coming but will take maybe 5 years in basketball and 10 or more years after they get football which last I heard that is coming in the next few years. But they will never get all the best players from Mount Airy, to much pride as for the other schools I can not speak for.I will also pull for both schools,but Mount Airy first.

I'm sure there have been many, many other schools to proclaim the old cliché

"We here at ___________have too much pride for them to play somewhere else."

Status
Not open for further replies.
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT