ADVERTISEMENT

Board synopsis

By the Fence

Oct 14, 2017
Ok, so a little over the halfway mark, here is where we stand with various posters and their programs:

Northeastern- Outstanding season so far. Plenty of Freshwaters to go around. Best QB, RB, DE, Center, Safety ever. Still checking with soccer coach to get a kicker. Coach Moore and Goob not as close as years past. Goob volunteering his services all over NENC albeit without any prior experience. Goob going all over the state looking games, waterfalls and over all scenery. Listens to and attends all he can. Still seems to have a complex regarding Reidsville and other western teams. Still expect NE to run the table and make some noise in the playoffs. Seems to have a final four of two legitimate teams (NE and WRH) a team who lost to only decent team they played but probably wont lose again during the regular season (Clinton) and a 1-4 team that has no identity but from the sounds of their posters will run the table "Pounding da Rock!"" (SWO).

Clinton- one loss but that will make them tougher and better in the long run. Great atmosphere at games, great guys in the press box calling the game, a legend to the left of the box, and tradition that hasn't graduated. Gone are the days of closed practices and debating which Twitter account is "official". Happy days are here again. First round exit last spring surely an anomaly. Clinton is prepared to also run the table rest of the season. If that happens, no more accusations of Duplin County schools "voting" them out of the conference and all that mess. Darkhorse #34 down in the sunshine state but keeping tabs from afar. Clinton radio guys Ron and other guy (sorry, cant recall his name) talking camping and telling funny stories when the games get out of hand. Wizard of the East not admitting to recent western dominance and in an overall grouchy mood. At least stadium has new signage on the press box but without any recent additions. Oh wait, havent been any in a while.

SWO- The granddaddy of em all. The program by which all are measured. Oh where to begin? SWO #1, play by play from Missouri, sometimes even in a tree stand! UNC91, so much we could go into but I think we all have learned to kinda overlook and move on. At every SWO game since the Rockne years. Oh wait, SWO been around since mid 70s. My bad. Picked up branches and twigs on field. Always looks dapper on game night in official gear. Says current regime needs to walk the halls, beat on doors, attend family reunions and BBQs to get the guys back out. Wants three yards and a cloud of dust with an athletic QB. Questions current regime at every corner. Doesnt like the marine guy on staff, doesnt like shirt tails hanging out. Had two sons to play at SWO, Brother! Really beside himself at current state of SWO program but swears tonight is the beginning of something special! All other SWO posters have valued opinions. All have tremendous pride in the program though many disagree on best way to improving. Some want to clean house, some say stay the course. I say if SWO loses tonight, this situation will become critical, almost dire. We need to monitor it closely.

WRH- Kinda quiet, things seem to be progressing nicely. Play North Lenoir tonight. Think I will go get ready to go to the game.

Ok, so a little over the halfway mark, here is where we stand with various posters and their programs:

Northeastern- Outstanding season so far. Plenty of Freshwaters to go around. Best QB, RB, DE, Center, Safety ever. Still checking with soccer coach to get a kicker. Coach Moore and Goob not as close as years past. Goob volunteering his services all over NENC albeit without any prior experience. Goob going all over the state looking games, waterfalls and over all scenery. Listens to and attends all he can. Still seems to have a complex regarding Reidsville and other western teams. Still expect NE to run the table and make some noise in the playoffs. Seems to have a final four of two legitimate teams (NE and WRH) a team who lost to only decent team they played but probably wont lose again during the regular season (Clinton) and a 1-4 team that has no identity but from the sounds of their posters will run the table "Pounding da Rock!"" (SWO).

Clinton- one loss but that will make them tougher and better in the long run. Great atmosphere at games, great guys in the press box calling the game, a legend to the left of the box, and tradition that hasn't graduated. Gone are the days of closed practices and debating which Twitter account is "official". Happy days are here again. First round exit last spring surely an anomaly. Clinton is prepared to also run the table rest of the season. If that happens, no more accusations of Duplin County schools "voting" them out of the conference and all that mess. Darkhorse #34 down in the sunshine state but keeping tabs from afar. Clinton radio guys Ron and other guy (sorry, cant recall his name) talking camping and telling funny stories when the games get out of hand. Wizard of the East not admitting to recent western dominance and in an overall grouchy mood. At least stadium has new signage on the press box but without any recent additions. Oh wait, havent been any in a while.

SWO- The granddaddy of em all. The program by which all are measured. Oh where to begin? SWO #1, play by play from Missouri, sometimes even in a tree stand! UNC91, so much we could go into but I think we all have learned to kinda overlook and move on. At every SWO game since the Rockne years. Oh wait, SWO been around since mid 70s. My bad. Picked up branches and twigs on field. Always looks dapper on game night in official gear. Says current regime needs to walk the halls, beat on doors, attend family reunions and BBQs to get the guys back out. Wants three yards and a cloud of dust with an athletic QB. Questions current regime at every corner. Doesnt like the marine guy on staff, doesnt like shirt tails hanging out. Had two sons to play at SWO, Brother! Really beside himself at current state of SWO program but swears tonight is the beginning of something special! All other SWO posters have valued opinions. All have tremendous pride in the program though many disagree on best way to improving. Some want to clean house, some say stay the course. I say if SWO loses tonight, this situation will become critical, almost dire. We need to monitor it closely.

WRH- Kinda quiet, things seem to be progressing nicely. Play North Lenoir tonight. Think I will go get ready to go to the game.
P.O.Y.!! Post of year!
I’m crying!!!!😂😂…that’s good stuff!

Reactions: dogs79 and daagoob

Very clever.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT