ADVERTISEMENT

Bishop McGuinness New Coach

Don't that have to be voted on, or can the directors just do it? Enough said. A ref should be natural as should a Mod. instead of protecting only schools in his county of almost 300,000.
Member schools must vote. it has been brought to vote several times.

i am as natural as I can get. You can support your schools, but just because I am a MoD I am not allowed to speak of any topics Or support any schools. i have told you many times I have no ties to either of these schools that you always say I am. I really on follow one school closely and it’s concerns are not anything in 1A.

You never let us discuss it, but as a mod you jump in to cover for Forsyth Co. because you live there. Got a Dr. appointment, so got to get ready. talk to the hand. 👋
Hope everything goes well at doctor, I have to go myself, so I am out for 4 or 5 hours.

Member schools must vote. it has been brought to vote several times.

i am as natural as I can get. You can support your schools, but just because I am a MoD I am not allowed to speak of any topics Or support any schools. i have told you many times I have no ties to either of these schools that you always say I am. I really on follow one school closely and it’s concerns are not anything in 1A.
Natural lol!

Granted got the assitant AD job but they must have really gave him a huge payday to leave what I assume is a pretty good situation.

Now the kicker will be, do any students follow him. We haven't seen a football coach of this nature go from a job like OG to Bishop that I can remember.

Last edited:
Granted got the assitant AD job but they must have really gave him a huge payday to leave what I assume is a pretty good situation.

Now the kicker will be, do any students follow him. We haven't seen a football coach of this nature go from a job like OG to Bishop that I can remember.
From my understanding he is retiring from the NC State system so he is able to double dip at Bishop since it's a private institution.

Losing 42 - 15 to Crest in the 2nd round is not deep in the playoffs. They won one playoff game and ranked at #3. That was the only playoff game they have won since they started in 2018. 39-15 in 5 years if he coached there their 5 years playing football. Bishop will remain Bishop as I see it.
Deep for them

This will be very interesting to watch for years to come. BM has won alot in Girls Basketball over the years and now brings in a head fb coach that could draw kids in. Buckle up the Villains may soon be living up to their name in football.

Holcomb is a really good coach and with his ties to the Davidson County Community he could get kids from North, OG and Ledford and make Bishop strong real fast. He can also dip into Forsyth and some of the city schools in the area.
Dip.......against the rules to recruit lmbo!

Dip.......against the rules to recruit lmbo!
So you're saying its not "legal" to recruit other players from other schools to come to another school to play sports? Where can I find this in writing? I'm asking for a friend.....

Go Big Red
#27Forever

Reactions: BK13T-$
I have heard that you also do not have to be catholic to attend.

I wonder how much voucher money they get a year.
Absolutely true. You do not have to be Catholic to attend.
You can most certainly bet that voucher money doesn't come close to covering the tuition there...
So if a student gets, lets say... $5000 worth of vouchers, the family will still be on the hook for $10,000. The idea of going into financial debt to play 1A football isn't appealing. Holcomb will make them better. You can count on it. This program isn't going to be a Gibbons or a Charlotte Catholic. They'll win their share of games going forward I hope. Bishop is getting a very good coach and a fantastic role model.

Reactions: cimsies
At BM sports is a totally different scenario than most schools. BB you have a lot of travel ball during the summer where they play together starting at a young age. Tennis is more of an individual sport and players come in from other areas. Football, most of these guys never met each other until high school. Hard to succeed unless you are under a setup where you play together and learn the system starting at an early age. Also at BM you have to come in as a freshman in athletics or sit out a year. Exception is if you transfer from a private school you are immediately eligible, don't make sense does it. Girls bb reaped those rewards in the past.

They are getting prepared for being under 400 1A, so by the time all over 401 is 2A they are hoping to have enough new players with the new coach that they may be in the top 1As in the state. After they joined the NCHSAA their girls won the girl's State Championship their 1st 9 years back to back before losing in the NCHSAA. They have an area in the triad with over 600,000, yes 6 hundred thousand to draw from in Forsyth & Guilford Counties & beyond including Winston Salem, Highpoint & Greensboro. Thinking ahead.

Reactions: WESTERNOC44
Maybe now they can buy some stands for visitors side
No room over there. There is a huge drop-off that would take several hundred dump trucks loaded with dirt to fill if they even own it. They need more land to build a new stadium with room for bleachers on both sides that hold many more than the 600 the present bleachers hold. They got the money for that and a 3A coach evidently.

Reactions: KW23
No room over there. There is a huge drop-off that would take several hundred dump trucks loaded with dirt to fill if they even own it. They need more land to build a new stadium with room for bleachers on both sides that hold many more than the 600 the present bleachers hold. They got the money for that and a 3A coach evidently.
I will bet money that that 3A coach with 30 years experience and holds a masters degree is making less money in Davidson County than your coach in Mt. Airy.

Reactions: thekidd12
I will bet money that that 3A coach with 30 years experience and holds a masters degree is making less money in Davidson County than your coach in Mt. Airy.
That, I have no idea what the Mount Airy coaches make. But I would not bet on it with Davidson county being larger but city schools usually pay more, JMO.

That, I have no idea what the Mount Airy coaches make. But I would not bet on it with Davidson county being larger but city schools usually pay more, JMO.
Hope your Dr. appointment went better than mine. I have a prostate the size of a peach and norman, he said was the size of a walnut. Mu Dad had to have his removed, tumor. Not good !

• Sad
Reactions: Jmappfan5
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT