ADVERTISEMENT

Ashley

It's a great academic school with excellent facilities. There have been issues getting kids in the weight room, and getting them off the beach. Really nice area but tough place to build a program obviously with the records they have posted in their history.

Dont hear about any traction on this job. Crazy growth in that area of Wilmington they have enough kids to compete with all the other schools in that conference. Just need the right hire to get the kids on the field. They have to most populated middle school 70 yds away and if half the boys from the student section on Friday nights would play they would be halfway decent.

Dont hear about any traction on this job. Crazy growth in that area of Wilmington they have enough kids to compete with all the other schools in that conference. Just need the right hire to get the kids on the field. They have to most populated middle school 70 yds away and if half the boys from the student section on Friday nights would play they would be halfway decent.

Good points. Every hire they've made looks good on paper but then the program never gets going. Ashley has played football 18 seasons and have had exactly 1 winning team in 2004. They haven't made the playoffs since 2007 and the only coach to ever take them to playoffs was Dimock 5 straight years from 2003-2007. With 60% of teams making playoffs during this time that is just sad. I thought when they hired Eanes they would turn the corner...then thought the same with Turner. Perhaps Ashley really is just a baseball school.

Good points. Every hire they've made looks good on paper but then the program never gets going. Ashley has played football 18 seasons and have had exactly 1 winning team in 2004. They haven't made the playoffs since 2007 and the only coach to ever take them to playoffs was Dimock 5 straight years from 2003-2007. With 60% of teams making playoffs during this time that is just sad. I thought when they hired Eanes they would turn the corner...then thought the same with Turner. Perhaps Ashley really is just a baseball school.

Maybe they are a surfing and fishing school?

Just has Hoggard and NH have built programs that breads winning Ashley has built a program that just doesn’t have that. Those kids don’t expect to win against average teams. There numbers have always been low even with close to 2000 student. Not a lot of athletes there.

I talked to Coach Braswell many years ago about how he got the kids off the beach at Hoggard. He had some great insight on working with the kids to get the program going. We implemented some things such as am workouts that really helped change our culture at West Carteret. AM workouts give the kids the rest of the day to surf, fish, and chase bikinis all day. LOL Can't blame em.

Reactions: seadog28
I heard Battle Holley was their man but they couldn't get him to come. I look for Battle to be all over the Laney job, if it ever comes open.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT