ADVERTISEMENT

American Legion Baseball Area III Standings

OC, hope you're enjoying retirement, at least from one job. I wondered about which part of Virginia your other job covered.

Last edited:
Reactions: thekidd12
OC, hope you're enjoying retirement, at least from one job. I wondered about which part of Virginia your other job covered.
Very much so, Lincolnton! Thanks for asking. And Mrs. OC even more. No more hours long phone calls on policy and endless meetings.

It goes up north to Front Royal. Thankfully, I don’t have to deal with DC. The rest of Virginia and the bottom half of West Virginia is mine. Got folks that mostly handle the eastern part for me, though my two largest accounts are in Richmond and Newport News. Used to have eastern NC, but something about those Virginia small towns attracted me. My dad used to cover WV, VA, NC and SC by himself. He brought me and a couple other folks on about twenty years ago and it’s grown exponentially.

Hope you’re enjoying yours as well. We need to get together and swap war stories.

Reactions: thekidd12
OC, isn’t Front Royal close to Maryland. I knew a guy who lived there, once. Sounds like you have a big territory.
Virginia, is an adjacent state and I’ve wondered about it a lot, but I’ve been there so little. Maybe it’s because I live towards the South Carolina side. It would be nice if Cheerduck and a couple of us over this way could meet and have a meal since you might have a little more time. I’ll say something to him.

OC, isn’t Front Royal close to Maryland. I knew a guy who lived there, once. Sounds like you have a big territory.
Virginia, is an adjacent state and I’ve wondered about it a lot, but I’ve been there so little. Maybe it’s because I live towards the South Carolina side. It would be nice if Cheerduck and a couple of us over this way could meet and have a meal since you might have a little more time. I’ll say something to him.
Front Royal is fifty miles or so south of DC, so yes, pretty close to Maryland. Virginia is different from NC in a lot of ways. Highways typically are much more rolling and forested in many places. The people are similar. The folks in southwest Virginia like to talk about the fact that they are closer to seven state capitals than to their own. It’s evident politically and philosophically. Good folks. Only met three or four jerkwads in twenty years. I decided they didn’t need to buy what I’m selling.

I’d love to get together with you guys. Just let me know when and where.

Reactions: Lincolnton
Front Royal is fifty miles or so south of DC, so yes, pretty close to Maryland. Virginia is different from NC in a lot of ways. Highways typically are much more rolling and forested in many places. The people are similar. The folks in southwest Virginia like to talk about the fact that they are closer to seven state capitals than to their own. It’s evident politically and philosophically. Good folks. Only met three or four jerkwads in twenty years. I decided they didn’t need to buy what I’m selling.

I’d love to get together with you guys. Just let me know when and where.
I traveled the Carolina’s and Virginia for 25 years, sometimes had WV and sometimes I had E. Tenn. Of course my home state of NC was my favorite, but I loved traveling and working in Virginia.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT