ADVERTISEMENT

American Legion Baseball Area III , round 3

Very disappointing night for Rowan County to say the least. They started out well leading 2-0 after an inning and had a 3-1 lead, but just like Randolph had done in the previous game, they kept chipping away, this time with solo homers. The killer inning for Rowan came with the game tied at 3-3 in the top of the 8th, Rowan gave up three unearned runs, all after left-fielder Brycen Holshouser misplayed Austin Curry’s screaming line drive. That play proved to be killer for Rowan as they couldn't muster much in the later innings and later gave up two more runs in the top of the 9th on a bases loaded walk and a throwing error.

Rowan will have to get their heads right before this weekends state tournament. They certainly have the team to three-peat, and they would be the first NC team to ever accomplish that feat. Rowan turns their attention to old foe Cherryville. These two have met many times over the years with their storied tradition-laden programs. I do expect a much more focused and much better Rowan team on Friday.

Congrats to Randolph on winning Area III. Even if they don't make any noise in the state tournament, they're gonna be a tough out on their field in the regionals.

Reactions: Chute Boxe Hero
Chute our definitions of a good baseball game must be different. 16-15? 4 hours? I like 4-3 and hour and a half better. Trevor has surprised me with his development. Has turned into a good player.

Don't get me wrong....I love a good old pitchers duel as much as the next fan. I've just always enjoyed watching huge comebacks (especially in late innings). Add to the fact that Rowan almost made an insane comeback of their own....and I was enjoying life.

Trevor's surprised me as well. He's got some good power for his size. His arm's not too shabby either. He's going to be fun to watch the next couple of years.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT