ADVERTISEMENT

AP POLL 10/13/15

scotswin

Sep 16, 2003
Laurinburg, NC
RALEIGH, N.C. (AP) _ The Associated Press state high school football poll for the week of October 13, first-place votes in parentheses, records and total points as voted upon by a statewide panel of prep sports writers:

^Class 4-A=

† 1. Wake Forest (10) (7-0) 138 2

† 2. Scotland County (3) (8-0) 134 3

† 3. Charlotte Catholic (1) (7-0) 112 4

† 4. East Forsyth (7-0) 85 6

† 5. Southern Pines Pinecrest (7-0) 83 5

† 6. Kannapolis Brown (7-0) 62 7

† 7. Charlotte Mallard Creek (1) (6-2) 53 1

† 8. Apex Middle Creek (8-0) 46 8

† 9. Greensboro Dudley (6-1) 34 9

†10. Cornelius Hough (6-1) 18 NR

¶ Others receiving 10 or more points: Matthews Butler (6-2) 15, Richmond County (6-1) 15. <

Read more here: http://www.charlotteobserver.com/sports/high-school/article38965206.html#storylink=cpy

Dudley ahead of Richmond.
Mallard Creek gets a 1 vote and is several ahead of Hough
WF got a lot of first place votes but its still close for the 1 spot with Scotland
CC still getting that 1 first place vote

Last edited:
Butler lost to a current 3-5 team, a team that scored 0 points to Independence.
No need to type of players missing, its an embarrassing loss to a team that's bad.

Reactions: footsoldier
Richmond should be in top 5 why are we getting snubbeb did we not pay them enough?

I would be safe to say IF we beat pine crest and the scots we would still be un ranked

Butler lost to a current 3-5 team, a team that scored 0 points to Independence.
No need to type of players missing, its an embarrassing loss to a team that's bad.
East Meck was a bad loss, but just speaking as someone who sat in the stands and watched with his own two eyes how one-sided the Butler/Hough game was, then it's just funny to me to see Hough ranked higher than Butler no matter how many losses Butler has. Those two teams were not on the same level in any aspect of the game. Butler could have 10 losses this season and Hough was still 5 TDs worse on the field. Not 5 pts, mind you...5 TDs.

I love the way you guys argue like a bunch of girls.

A season is a lifetime. How good a team is in scrimmages or week one doesn't matter once you get to the mid-point of a season. And how good these teams look now won't matter once the playoffs hit.

The AP poll is a sham, especially in high school sports, and to put any stock in what these writers say who don't even see half of these teams play is pathetic. They've proven over the past several weeks that they do no research whatsoever, and you people still act surprised by it.

We all know the circumstances behind Butler losing a three point game to East Meck. Dudley lost to Richmond, Butler beat them decisively and Butler beat Hough soundly. The defense has given up 57 points all year and a couple of those TDs were scored when the game was decided one way or the other.

Point being is talk about Butler losing to East Meck all you want but you will be shocked once you see Butler in the playoffs.

its called having an off night it happens to all teams. the lost to east meck tells me one thing butler has no depth because that is not a very good team they lost to.

its called having an off night it happens to all teams. the lost to east meck tells me one thing butler has no depth because that is not a very good team they lost to.

Neither does Kannapolis Brown but they are undefeated in the state's toughest 4A conference right now, but Butler would probably go deeper in the playoffs than Brown looking at the potential field for the post season.

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT