ADVERTISEMENT

Anybody want to do a boys playoff projection ...

BravesGWY

Jan 5, 2015
It's getting close .. And I don't understand everything about it. Can someone help us out l

To get an idea.

1-8 conference winners then seeded by record
9-16 2nd place teams then seeded by record
17-32 3rd place and wild card teams then seeded by record

My apologies that last was girls. Albemarle boys will be the #1 overall. They are undefeated and will most likely win out.

This post was edited on 2/9 8:25 AM by bulldog nation2014

This is how the matchups would go for rd 1 and 2. I filled in HD and West Mont barring upsets I think they are locked.

Top bracket

(w (1) West Montgomery vs 32) vs (W 16/ 17),
(W 8/25) vs (W 9 /24),
(W 5/ 28) vs (W 12/21),
(W 13/ 20) VS (W 4 / 29)

Bottom Bracket

(W (2) Hiwassee Dam / 31) vs (W 15/18),
(W 10/ 23) vs (W 7/ 26),
(W 11/ 22) vs ( W 6/ 27),
(W 14/19) vs (W 3/ 30)

Big game at Hayesville tues .. Hayesville wins it's theirs ... Rville wins its 3 way Tie ..

Huge game!!! I think hayesville has 4 losses and Cherokee has 3 then robbinsville has 5 right? So if robbinsville wins did they all split with each other?

Originally posted by bulldog nation2014:
Huge game!!! I think hayesville has 4 losses and Cherokee has 3 then robbinsville has 5 right? So if robbinsville wins did they all split with each other?
Are you talking boys or girls? Girls can be a three way tie, boys can not. If this is a boys thread then HD can not be #2, they have 10+ losses.

I spent about 4 hours doing one a couple of weeks ago. It is a considerable project, and there is so much uncertainty in some of the conferences it is just meaningless. The winner of the BSMC, MVC, NWC are still very uncertain, and what happens with those conferences has a huge bearing on what happens below. For example, if Cherokee should end up winning the SMC then Hayesville would be an 11 and Cherokee would be a 2 or 3 depending on what happens in the MVC, but if Hayesville wins the SMC then Cherokee is either a 9 or 10 depending on what happens with the MVC. Those kind of issues move teams up or down one and completely changes the bracket. I think we would be wise to wait until the regular season finishes this week and then it might be clearer.

Even though the thread is clearly asking for a boys playoff prediction, lots of discussion seems to be about the girls. I think there should be separate threads. I understand that to different people different things are important, but this thread is for the boys. There is enough confusion without crossing genders.

To do a meaningful prediction, you also have to do the east because it is conceivable that there could be a team from voyager academies conference that could move west which would change everything. It is a big enough task to do the 8 conferences that traditionally make up the West, but that may not be everything that has to be considered. And if it happens, it could be in the top 12 to 16 seeds which changes everything below it.

Just another reason why it makes sense to wait until the end of the week to try this.

Yes my apologies when I put this up I was thinking girls. I just seen this and wanted to make sure I corrected it.

Alleghany you are spot on. Until more clarity is there for the boys side it is tough to start to even think about putting them on seeds as you have a lot of conference within a game of each other. Albemarle is undefeated and I don't see them losing. So they will get the overall top seed. After that it's anybody's guess until this week plays out.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT