ADVERTISEMENT

Anybody in 1-A playing tonight?

only about 2 games postponed in the Mtns. Dont really know why?

Is going to be wet and fun and I cant wait.

I don't understand why people question when schools cancel games because of monsoons. 1. Field upkeep now a days is more than just mowing the grass. 2. The game has changed and players are smaller and faster, thus I totally understand not wanting to play in dangerous field conditions. 3. Schools rely on gate money now more than in the 1970s, 80s, and 90s. Schools don't have the budget like they once did. Just goes to show that so many people are just really don't know what goes on inside programs like they think they do.

I don't understand why people question when schools cancel games because of monsoons. 1. Field upkeep now a days is more than just mowing the grass. 2. The game has changed and players are smaller and faster, thus I totally understand not wanting to play in dangerous field conditions. 3. Schools rely on gate money now more than in the 1970s, 80s, and 90s. Schools don't have the budget like they once did. Just goes to show that so many people are just really don't know what goes on inside programs like they think they do.

i totally agree with your post. in the past two weeks down east two premier recruits are done for the season due their teams playing in the rain and poor field conditions. we all know football is an outdoor sport, but at the same time coaches have to be wise when making the decision to play or not to play in the rain. getting banged up from playing a brutal schedule or team is totally different than a kid rolling his ankle or knee in raining conditions

Robbinsville is a small town and they do well at the gate. In big cities and town in central PIEDMONT and eastern part of the state. It is totally different. There are a lot of games moved to Monday and even some on Tuesday. It is a huge difference.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT