ADVERTISEMENT

Ann Ferguson

NCprepbball

Dec 10, 2016
I saw a headline in the Lexington Dispatch that Ann Ferguson is leaving Thomasville to coach Ledford men’s basketball.
I don’t subscribe to The Dispatch so I couldn’t read the article.
She’s been pretty successful at Tville.

I saw a headline in the Lexington Dispatch that Ann Ferguson is leaving Thomasville to coach Ledford men’s basketball.
I don’t subscribe to The Dispatch so I couldn’t read the article.
She’s been pretty successful at Tville.
You may be able to read the same article in the High Point Enterprise. Big loss for the Bulldogs. Several more to come. So far, AD, head football coach and men’s basketball coach. And principal.

Coach Ferguson was just named as the NCHSAA Homer Thompson “Eight Who Make a Difference” award for Region 5.
Thomasville’s loss is Ledford’s gain.

Reactions: GSO-Triple5
Coach Ferguson was just named as the NCHSAA Homer Thompson “Eight Who Make a Difference” award for Region 5.
Thomasville’s loss is Ledford’s gain.
Just learned that Coach Ferguson picked up a transfer from Reidsville that is widely considered to be a DI basketball player, perhaps high DII. In talking to a family friend who is an official that has officiated multiple games of this young man as well as Thomasville, he says that the young man is a "Bigger, faster, stronger, more high flying Mccoy (I cannot remember McCoy's first name)." I've only seen a handful of Tville games where she has coached, and having seen far more Ledford games knowing they've talent that was mismanaged recently...but adding an elite player to such a good coach with a team that has talent? Ledford is going to be an extraordinarily different team this year than last.

I suppose my question would be: how was Tville before Coach Ferguson took over the boys? She seems to be more than just a good person and a good mentor. She seems to be a uniquely gifted coach...or so I hope.

She’s going to have a tough first season, I would think. Ledford struggled last year and graduated their leading scorer.
However, she seems to get the best out of her players. I hope she’s successful and brings some stability to Ledford’s men’s basketball.

She’s going to have a tough first season, I would think. Ledford struggled last year and graduated their leading scorer.
However, she seems to get the best out of her players. I hope she’s successful and brings some stability to Ledford’s men’s basketball.
How do you imagine they will adjust to her high intensity, fast paced, pressure defense style? They were very slow playing last year.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT