ADVERTISEMENT

Alleghany Football

Kevin2346

Jun 9, 2016
Looks like we are in trouble and our 4 and 0 start was fools gold(just like last years). I heard a fan last week complaining about our soft nonconfrence schedule..and said we should schedule harder teams...i was thinking...why? so we can go winless every year? its hard to stay motivated if u never win.

I commend our effort...boys are trying. But man we are slow...if a team has 1 fast running back they can score at will.

A leader on our offense/one of our best defensive players decides to get in a fight this week and gets suspended leaving our team in a very tough spot.

We ran the option tonight numerous times and just gave it to the fullback everyplay, or would try to pull it out and fumble. You could tell they were either nervous or just hadnt had enough preparation time.

Our 2nd best runningback who did good vs ashe county last week was nowhere to be found ,_so i dont know if he got in a fight too? quit...or is hurt?

Our starting TE is in bluejeans on a weekly basis...he looks totally fine to me...so if i had to guess maybe he had a concussion?

One of our star senior linemen has a broken wrist.

We got a player fielding kicks tonight that had no business being back there and appeared to be nervous as can be. I meen i would just assume put a lineman back there to field kicks.

Last weeks performance vs Ashe County was good even though we lost a few plays that didnt go our way was the difference in the ballgame and i feel like talent wise we were right there with ashe. But tonight...wow either starmount is that good or us missing those 4 players makes a huge differce and the rest of this season is going to be bad.

Only brightside was tonight was homecoming so at least the scenery was nice.

Reactions: sway1532
Many teams go through the exact same issues as Alleghany. Instead of making excuses you should thank the kids who did play for exerting the effort.

Many teams starting qbs get in fights at school and get suspended? i dont think so. I was stating facts...not excuses. We r too slow...having those 4 players would have helped. but by no meens been able to keep us with starmounts speed. I was stating reasons we r in for a long rest of the season. We wouldnt beat north, west, east, or wilkes central no matter what. Bottom line is kids played timid on friday and u cant play football timid. Kid fumbled two kickoff returns friday with nobody near him. U cant do silly crap like that.

Im just a frustrated fan who would like to see our best players on the field. And who sees the same pattern happen that happened last year. When u start out 4 and 0...u think...maybe we got something here...and then conference starts...its like...just kidding.

We got some great tough players but we also have some soft ones. And when u only have 20 total dressed out...u cant have anyone soft on the field and expect to win games.

1st post i commended our effort. I just keep it real..no politically correct bs...if we r great im gonna brag...and if we suck im gonna rant and rave. Just cant believe a 3 year starting qb decides to let the team down and get in a fight.

Reactions: BravesGWY
I actually think elkin will be our best and only real shot. If we get our qb and #20 which i still have no idea what happened to him, wasnt even on sidelines friday, back this friday then we can maybe be competitive against west wilkes who is the worst of the 4 wilkes county team imo.

We competed well against ashe county last week ...but man starmount game performance was horrendous.

Many teams starting qbs get in fights at school and get suspended? i dont think so. I was stating facts...not excuses. We r too slow...having those 4 players would have helped. but by no meens been able to keep us with starmounts speed. I was stating reasons we r in for a long rest of the season. We wouldnt beat north, west, east, or wilkes central no matter what. Bottom line is kids played timid on friday and u cant play football timid. Kid fumbled two kickoff returns friday with nobody near him. U cant do silly crap like that.

Im just a frustrated fan who would like to see our best players on the field. And who sees the same pattern happen that happened last year. When u start out 4 and 0...u think...maybe we got something here...and then conference starts...its like...just kidding.

We got some great tough players but we also have some soft ones. And when u only have 20 total dressed out...u cant have anyone soft on the field and expect to win games.

The fact is that you are offering excuses. Just thank your coaching staff for all they do.

Last edited:
I think we all know that Sparta has lacked speed for as many years as I can remember. They've had competitive teams at times but aside from when exceptional athletes like Hampton were carrying the ball or Piscopo was running the offense, Alleghany has long been a doormat of the MVAC and old NWC. They have a good coach in place. It's going to take a little time. Getting frustrated on a message board isn't going to fix the issue. Think about how the kids feel. The last thing they need to see is someone losing their hope and trashing things 2 games into the conference slate.

Thank the coaches for what? doing there jobs?

Stating that Alleghany has always been a door mat in the conference is just as bad as me giving up hope on them.

I will always support Alleghany...through the good times and bad, but watching us "be the doormat" is really getting old

Not to mention the lifeless fans that never yell at the games...sometimes its like being at a morgue at home games

Reactions: Be_A_Dog
I wish alleghany fans were more like cherokee fans...ive been to 1 cherokee basketball and 1 cherokee football game and those were the best fans ive ever been around. Yelled both good and bad and everyone seemed into the games instead of alleghany where it appears that alot of fans halfass pay attention and talk about what they have planned for the weekend...what little johnny did. Etc.. Its really pitiful how sad the crowd is

Reactions: BravesGWY
Thank the coaches for what? doing there jobs?

Stating that Alleghany has always been a door mat in the conference is just as bad as me giving up hope on them.

I will always support Alleghany...through the good times and bad, but watching us "be the doormat" is really getting old

If you can't thank your coaches then you are not supporting the program. You have an excellent coach who will win more games as long as the quitters don't ruin the mindset of his players.

I have watched this East Wilkes group grow up. Back in the day (middle school) Alleghany was good and seemed to play them harder than any other team. What happened to those boys? Did some lose interest and just stop playing?

Reactions: Slasher Killer
@The Lake Man looks like your post got deleted....but I dang sho read it before it did! lol!!

You should have came around starting in 2009 you talk about someone who hated Albemarle's guts! mannn I tell ya, those years were epic on here lmao! When Albemarle won back back 2009-2010, KW had enough tears that could out preform Niagara Falls....and when we went small 1A in 2011 oh boy! lol!

I remember him saying "Thank God for Murphy!" lol....those were some golden days there..

Yeah sway now yall are saying "thank god for south davidson and chatham central"....i know i know got 5. Lol

@The Lake Man looks like your post got deleted....but I dang sho read it before it did! lol!!

You should have came around starting in 2009 you talk about someone who hated Albemarle's guts! mannn I tell ya, those years were epic on here lmao! When Albemarle won back back 2009-2010, KW had enough tears that could out preform Niagara Falls....and when we went small 1A in 2011 oh boy! lol!

I remember him saying "Thank God for Murphy!" lol....those were some golden days there..

I have been reading the Boards for years. Some are way too serious about high school football tban what is healthy.

I have always respected Albemarle. What hurt your school was when that kid from the next county enrolled in your school and shot that kid. Your school has not been the same since then. Of course it's better to be a has been with 5 rings than a whiner with 4 wins and thousands of useless excuses.

Who is your team Lake Man? I need a new team to hate. :) Still say the fact that our starting quarterback being out and throwing in a backup who has no experience...is a pretty good reason for our offense looking like garbage...not an excuse. I said we wouldnt have won regardless...so i dont know how facts i stated about our team injuries etc..are excuses when I said we wouldnt have won anyways.

Albemarle's football team and school went to crap before that shooting happened it was a gradual trend. Athletes deciding not to play...and a new coach every year with no stability are main reasons albemarle football stunk.

Albemarle's football team and school went to crap before that shooting happened it was a gradual trend. Athletes deciding not to play...and a new coach every year with no stability are main reasons albemarle football stunk.

Yeah, you might be right...but hey it is what it is and we’re getting back on track. I’d love to see an Albemarle Alleghany game. We both need to win 5 games to get in...I’ll keep my fingers crossed

Starmount is my favorite team. They made Alleghany look like a middle school squad last week. Starmount fans are more refined than the Sparta boys. We do not make excuses or whine. We are thankful for what we have. We are much more like Albemarle with how we handle ourselves.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT