ADVERTISEMENT

alleghany at starmount friday who ya got?

KW23

Feb 9, 2011
Mvac title on the line friday night. Deanna will u be posting updates at end of each quarter again. Starmount wins they win conference. Alleghany wins conference most likely comes down to a 3rd rematch in conference tournament next week.

Should be a great game. Heard the guard for Starmount has been out the past couple of games and a post player too. Did they play last night at all? Will they play Friday? Looks like Alleghany's got hot the past couple of game. Sprinkle did well shooting last night.

The whole region has been playing good. Look for Alleghany, Starmount, Mt. Airy, E.Surry to do some damage come playoff time. Going to be intersting 1A West Race.

Killa you are exactly right, there are some really good teams in the northwest corner of the state this year. The 4 teams that you mentioned could on any given night beat any 1a team in the west. I say the west because I do not get a chance to see the eastern teams to have an opinion. I expect one of the most exciting western 1a brackets that there has been in years.

Best of luck to all the traditional schools as the playoffs prepare to start. Hoping really hard that a traditional western school can win the state championship this year. Of course I am hoping even harder that it could be Alleghany that it happens for.

Wish WIFM would carry game!! Should be great game but some people just can't make the game!!

Sounds like nothing serious I thought there was injuries not just having the sniffles. Oh well Go Trojans!

does wifm ever cover bball games or just strictly football?

I was told that they didn't have the sponsorships to broadcast basketball this year.

Talk about Deja Vu. Last year, Alleghany had a 1 game lead coming into the last game of the year against Starmount. Unfortunately, we know how that worked out. Starmount won the last game in a nail biter and we had co-champs in the MVC. Starmount went on the state playoffs and lost in the second round to East Surry, and Alleghany lost by 1 point in the Regionals to Avery.

This year, Starmount has a 1 game lead coming into the last game against Alleghany. Will last year repeat itself? We will have to wait until Friday to know. I will say that of the last 3 games between these two played on their home courts, the visitor has won all 3. The game is at Starmount. Hummmmmmmm.

I heard Alleghany guard Austin Sprinkle committed to Lees McRae. Congrats!!

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT