ADVERTISEMENT

Albemarle youth scrimmage observation

sway1532

Aug 15, 2011
I went up today to the high school to check out the youth league. I was surprised of how many people came! I believe all of West Stanly was there. They traveled very well.

The teams that participated were: Albemarle, Anson, Peidmont, West Montgomery, North Stanly, and South Stanly.

NS vs WS
WM vs WS
SS vs WM (not sure on this)
ALB(division 1) vs Peidmont
ALB(division 2) vs Anson

By far, West Montgomery was the best in division 1 & 2. They have a QB in division 2 that can sling it!

North Stanly didn't look to shabby and neither did West Stanly. North and West clearly has the numbers in Stanly County. They probably had 30 each at least for each division.

Albemarle division 1 was impressive. They are running the "Double Wing" to my surprise....and they were running it better than the Varsity lol! It was nice to see what the double wing can do if executed right. All Albemarle faithful remembers Tory Rushing, well his son is on the division 1 team and man! that kid runs with excellent vision and authority! That was a breath of fresh air seeing Albemarle run it like that. They took it too Peidmont.

Division 2 on the other hand is a ?. They are still running the old offense and low in numbers. I counted maybe 14-15. But they have nice size. One kid is 6ft and he's a fifth grader. They were decent against Anson. Still very talented.

We need to get our numbers up, that's the most important thing right now.

I didn't watch the 7 on 7, but I heard Albemarle had two speedster that no one could catch.

All in All, each team has a bright future....as long as the players keep a straight head and parents continue to be involved.

Sway what was you watching? WM d1 was the worst team in league last yr and from the looks of it yesterday the will repeat. Out of 10 plays against ws first d they only got two plays off for about two yrds total! Lol they wont win a game.

Sway, I can still vision Tory Rushing running away from every body with his head cocked back. lol By the way I was there but had to leave before Albemarle scrimmaged. The heat and humidity were just to much for me. Have to pace myself with all the health issues I have. Getting old sucks. lol
I believe the only way we can get our numbers up is to increase enrollment at the school. REDISTRICT. Hello stanly county school board!!!!!!!!!!

Last edited:
Reactions: BulldogsFollower
Sway what was you watching? WM d1 was the worst team in league last yr and from the looks of it yesterday the will repeat. Out of 10 plays against ws first d they only got two plays off for about two yrds total! Lol they wont win a game.

How can someone get only 2 plays off when your granted 10? Did they fumbled 8 times. From What I seen, they look good. And WS D2 team was getting ran over by "Troy"

That's exactly what happened! Ws line was hitting qb before he even controlled ball. You must have saw the second set of ten plays none of ws first group played after first set, talent drops off alot after that! Lol . Didnt see much of d2 but yes WM should be pretty good. EM D1 has some athletes that the high school should be looking forward to seeing.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT