ADVERTISEMENT

Albemarle vs. Chathem Central

I will say that Chatham Central is much improved regardless of their scores. Last year, they offered so little resistance, it was really hard to gauge where they were other than they had some size. I will give them credit in that they played very hard Friday night. WM chose to work on the pass game and did not try to run up the score but when we did run the ball, it wasn't a situation like it was in the past where you could score on every play with hardly anyone getting in the way. There was very good effort by those kids. Yes, Albemarle should win easily, but I wanted to throw in a good word for those kids at Chatham. They are not a great team, but you can tell those kids are working hard to get better and they deserve some credit for that.

Somebody made a thread of this game? Lol!

Albemarle will not score 48 points believe me.

Albemarle 14 Chatham Central 10.

Albemarle squeaks by this one.

"There is no other game. This is the game.". A loss here and Don Trump will be speechless.

It's good to see a North Stanly poster on here since GradePro has been absent. Albemarle wins big this week and gains some much needed confidence for the rest of the year.

Reactions: Buddy Rich
It's good to see a North Stanly poster on here since GradePro has been absent. Albemarle wins big this week and gains some much needed confidence for the rest of the year.

No disrespect to Chatham.....but just how much confidence can you gain from beating a team that is 0-18 (over the last year and a half)? and 0-Forever against Albemarle? You can hope and wish all that you want to but let's face it. For Albemarle this is going to be another dismal season. I understand that you "Can't judge a book by it's cover, but by the first 4 chapters.......I know how this ends.

Reactions: sway1532
You just enjoy the win (as trivial as it may be) and then you realize......that in 2 weeks you play West Montgomery. I hope that "confidence" lasts that long. :rolleyes:

First an foremost I would like to apologize to the coaching staff at Albemarle. I have giving them hell the last 2 weeks on this board, but I will stop the buck here.

I know it has been difficult on the students and the coaching staff to muster up a win and get some confidence going. After speaking to one of the coaches, I totally understand the situation. We just got hit with bad karma. Never has Albemarle been put in this situation, and it's going to take "Noah's Ark" to bring us out of this storm.

But one thing is for sure, I will sink with this ship because of the love I have for my Alumni and team.

Let's see what they bring out Friday.

Times have changed. Three perennial powers Albemarle, Thomasville, and North Rowan have 2 wins between them and North Moore, East Montgomery, and North Stanly have 7.

Looking forward to fri night for reasons other than just a football game. Since losing my wife back in July I have been trying to put my life back in some kind of order. Games on fri night are one of the things I still look forward to. But as much as the game itself I get to be with my bulldog cronies. Chad, Jay, Carl, Terry, Charlie, Jake, Berry, and others. But this week hoping to see my good friend nipitinthebud. In an other wise down season these guys have been a bright spot on fri nights. Thanks fellows.

How is the Wing T looking for Albemarle? Anybody been to practice? might go check them out today.

I believe the first J.V. game is tonight at Chatham Central.

I haven't been this week sway. But did talk to one of the coaches and he told me this has been the best week of practice to date.

I haven't been this week sway. But did talk to one of the coaches and he told me this has been the best week of practice to date.

Lol, I promised I wasn't going to give the coaches a hard time anymore......sounds great

I still can't believe Albemarle got beat by one of the "Three Blind Mice" I EM had eye transplants and was finally able to see the Albemarle competitors and tackle them, it took them almost 30 years though....

I don't think East Montgomery is bad this year and it is a strong possibility that you could see Albemarle lose to North Moore this season for the first time ever.

Reactions: RD28327
I don't think East Montgomery is bad this year and it is a strong possibility that you could see Albemarle lose to North Moore this season for the first time ever.

We could possibly loose to Chatham Central tomorrow honestly. Not sure if the DW was the best thing to implement with a full head of steam in so little time this year.

Albemarle has clearly looked uncomfortable in the DW. From all my times seeing Albemarle, our athletes like to get in space, the DW didn't offer that, so maybe with the Wing T we can start moving forward and unleash our talent properly.

I'm sure if Smith had it to do over he wouldn't have tried the DW. Hindsight is a wonderful thing.

Hard to understand why with everything else going on the staff would have put in a totally new offense this year. But I'm not a coach and I didn't sleep in a Holiday Inn Express last night.

I would like to know if anyone in the state is running the Wing T. I have looked at a couple YouTube clips and don't see a huge difference between the two.

I really couldn't compare on how good it will work at this time vs the DW. It seems this offense success is based off of the linemen getting to that second level. Unfortunately our line has been getting stuffed at the line of scrimmage and not creating enough holes for our RB's to get through to cause damage. I still see our OLine having difficulty come Friday.

I'm no football guru and I'm no coach. But I still feel that Albemarle should go back to their original offense and just "Out Athlete" everyone. I know we don't have the athletes of the past, but running that Pro may savage this season, I would even like to see the Pro with the spread option.

Our kids have ran something similar for years

Reactions: Buddy Rich
Gray's Creek runs the Wing-T. Saw Western Harnett run it to death versus Union Pines. Not sure if they still run it since they have a new head coach and offensive coordinator.

Sway, I have asked and proposed the same questions to my connections within the program. We do not have a quarterback that can even threaten the other team on a pass. We have tight ends and no wide receivers. The double wing is made for our personnel however our lineman can't physically handle it playing both ways. If we could get some luck with injuries and a little luck our QB would not need to be able to throw because the passes would be wide open. The Wing T we will be running is similar to what Charlotte Catholic has ran for the last 25 years. I heard that our coaching staff met up with Charlotte Catholic on their version of the Wing T. After some youtube research in Charlotte Catholics offense the fullback is the primary runner. It will be interesting to see our new Wing T this week to say the least. I am just excited to be able to watch the game this week and get my own observations.

CC cancelled the jv game set for tonight on Tuesday. Not sure if SD has a jv team or not.

I'm just confused on why the coaches are so bent on the wing formation.

We have won 5 State Championship's without it. I remember playing Pender, and I believe they ran something similar to the wing. They scored once, we "stacked" the box, and that was it. They absolutely had no passing game. Just like we don't have a passing game. Plus, Charlotte Catholic has a passing game and big aggressive linemen to create holes....just because the have success doesn't mean we Will. Hell, they recruit the best!

I'm just confused on why the coaches are so bent on the wing formation.

We have won 5 State Championship's without it. I remember playing Pender, and I believe they ran something similar to the wing. They scored once, we "stacked" the box, and that was it. They absolutely had no passing game. Just like we don't have a passing game. Plus, Charlotte Catholic has a passing game and big aggressive linemen to create holes....just because the have success doesn't mean we Will. Hell, they recruit the best!

Man I hate to seem like I'm tolling your post but this is ridiculous!! The only true part of your whole post is where you said "you are confused" which seems to be the case most of the time. How about doing some actual research once in awhile. What offense do you think Gaster ran? What were the 5 base run plays and two pass plays that he made a living on? Trap, power, buck sweep, quick pitch, counter, waggle & criss cross. Where do you think his principals came from? Wing-t at it's finest!!!
You are absolutely clueless, Dude!!

Pender ran the double-slot Flexbone with midline & veer option (no passing game) ie: Georgia Tech
Catholic has had hard nosed kids & the best coaching in this state for years.

Man I hate to seem like I'm tolling your post but this is ridiculous!! The only true part of your whole post is where you said "you are confused" which seems to be the case most of the time. How about doing some actual research once in awhile. What offense do you think Gaster ran? What were the 5 base run plays and two pass plays that he made a living on? Trap, power, buck sweep, quick pitch, counter, waggle & criss cross. Where do you think his principals came from? Wing-t at it's finest!!!
You are absolutely clueless, Dude!!

Pender ran the double-slot Flexbone with midline & veer option (no passing game) ie: Georgia Tech
Catholic has had hard nosed kids & the best coaching in this state for years.

Ya Troll....

Ya Troll....
Ha! Maybe so. I do understand your frustrations with Bulldog football right now. However, the problem is not at the high school or what offense they are running right now. Take a look at the talent level at the middle school & what the teams have that are beating them. Kids aren't learning anything. There lies your problem.

Ha! Maybe so. I do understand your frustrations with Bulldog football right now. However, the problem is not at the high school or what offense they are running right now. Take a look at the talent level at the middle school & what the teams have that are beating them. Kids aren't learning anything. There lies your problem.

I said before that the middle school was ground zero....we both agree on that.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT