ADVERTISEMENT

After Watching Richmond vs. Reagan

I agree we're no championship calibre right now but 6 or 8 games in might change things around. Give it time... GO RAIDERS.

Reactions: RaidersRocks
Just bare in mind we're playin THE BEST TEAM Friday night... not the second or 3rd best team and I have seen Richmond win games like this and everyone knows it, even Wake Forest...GO RAIDERS...

Reactions: RaidersRocks
You do know you beat Reagon right? Reagon? Not Dudley, not Wake Forest, not Weddington, not even East Forsyth. Honestly I'm abit more surprised the 5th or 6th just team in Forsyth county put up 24 against the only high school in Richmond county. I hope Richmond gets better but this definitely wasnt exactly great news by any means besides getting the W

You do know you beat Reagon right? Reagon? Not Dudley, not Wake Forest, not Weddington, not even East Forsyth. Honestly I'm abit more surprised the 5th or 6th just team in Forsyth county put up 24 against the only high school in Richmond county. I hope Richmond gets better but this definitely wasnt exactly great news by any means besides getting the W
I was not there but.....
tenor.gif

Whats the problem with having a feeling and pulling for your team. I don't care who we played last week and what their ranking is, that's why you play the game. Anything can happen. Are the odds against Richmond? We all know they are but if you are a true fan of your team you are not gonna sit there and say, "Oh well we don't stand a chance". These are kids folks. Let them play the game and enjoy it. Kudos to Ben-badd for feeling positive for the boys. Best of luck to all and injury free this week.

It's only week one and you can already feel the vibes. We know that Richmond is going through a transition and the crap shooters are already coming alive. We aren't supposed to be champions every year, but one would be in denial to believe that Richmond Senior is done winning Championships. It's always gang bang Richmond. Simple jealousy...RAIDER FAN since day one, win lose or draw...that's what real fans do. Don't troll around til you find a pretty good team and hop on that band wagon. True fans are in it heart and soul. 7 state titles brings em out every year. It's only a few, not many. LOL...GO RAIDERS...

Reactions: RAIDERS2014
Wait Ben. Ur guys started this thread. Ur guys also said after a few games you would be "contenders". That came from you guys. No one else. Like Champ said you beat Reagan. No offense but that was there 1st game. The paint hasn't dried on the field house yet. Y'all are the ones mad. No one put down Richmond. And that's where "y'all" catch the heat. Calm down!

Last edited:
Reactions: Champ_24
No single team is "jealous " of Richmond. We as normal people don't want to be like in ur case a dinosaur. So be careful what you might think people want. Things change. Ur living in the past. And before u start on me...we all know Scotland got beat Thursday. That's fine. Done and time to adjust. You have a lot of adjustments to make urself!

Reactions: Champ_24
I agree scottishLAW. Richmond Co reminds me alot of West Rowan. Historically speaking yes great football school. But if asked TODAY are they a top10 school right now. No!!

Again hopefully yall get back there but as I stated. You're exciting off of beating Reagon? I'll take a 7pt loss by MC and see hope oppose to beating a team that may finish at .500

Again you stated contenders lol maybe in 2a but definitely not 4AA

I for one know that game was just a good warm up game but I think you're wrong about contention. Only played one game. That was not much of a game in my opinion. The competition gets better and the team gets better. We do have alot of work ahead. I'm not referring to anyone in particular. It's football season. We all know what to expect. I said Richmond is no championship calibre this year. Not as of yet and that I have seen stranger things happen though. I'mnot about to come on here and but heads and brag and carry on. The truth is welcome in heaven. One week at a time guys.

I agree scottishLAW. Richmond Co reminds me alot of West Rowan. Historically speaking yes great football school. But if asked TODAY are they a top10 school right now. No!!

Again hopefully yall get back there but as I stated. You're exciting off of beating Reagon? I'll take a 7pt loss by MC and see hope oppose to beating a team that may finish at .500

Again you stated contenders lol maybe in 2a but definitely not 4AA
I thought we beat Reagan not reagon. No one said that we are winning a state championship this year. No one is beating there chest over beating Reagan. Now If we won this week we got something to talk about.

Reactions: Ben-Badd
No single team is "jealous " of Richmond. We as normal people don't want to be like in ur case a dinosaur. So be careful what you might think people want. Things change. Ur living in the past. And before u start on me...we all know Scotland got beat Thursday. That's fine. Done and time to adjust. You have a lot of adjustments to make urself!
How do you adjust a one man show Law. That was just from the fan who were at the game Law.

It's gonna take a lot of adjustment to get that blue & black-train wreck righted. I think it's funny how the skirts went out and recruited a ball hog with a crooked arm from the biggest train-wreck in Fayetteville. I'm surprised that all those big heads across the county line didn't shrink at least a little bit with the tail-kick. Instead of the Raiders, they need to get concerned about the possibility of dropping the next two games.

It's only week one and you can already feel the vibes. We know that Richmond is going through a transition and the crap shooters are already coming alive. We aren't supposed to be champions every year, but one would be in denial to believe that Richmond Senior is done winning Championships. It's always gang bang Richmond. Simple jealousy...RAIDER FAN since day one, win lose or draw...that's what real fans do. Don't troll around til you find a pretty good team and hop on that band wagon. True fans are in it heart and soul. 7 state titles brings em out every year. It's only a few, not many. LOL...GO RAIDERS...

To be fair, it's been almost a decade since Richmond did something to be jealous for.

I don't follow the clown post like I used to since my son graduated and now I see why. All I responded to yesterday was about pulling for your boys and hoping for the best. I for one have not said anything about Richmond being contenders. Actually yesterday was my first post for this season. As for who stated or started what, how about responding to the ones that did so. Not all fans fall in the same category. As for statements of Richmond being Dinosaurs, Irrelevant, or whatever some gets their rocks off on, if that's the case why even respond or care about Richmond. We may not have done much last 10 years but Richmond has done a whole lot more than the larger majority of the teams. It just seems hilarious to me how a team so IRRELEVANT;) can still make people talk about them. :D

Reactions: paulraiderfan
To be fair, it's been almost a decade since Richmond did something to be jealous for.
Check the overall record book for the last 10. If Richmond is is irrelevant what about all those teams that have a worse record. I have not checked but I will bet that Richmond's record will be in the top 10 to 15.

Check the overall record book for the last 10. If Richmond is is irrelevant what about all those teams that have a worse record. I have not checked but I will bet that Richmond's record will be in the top 10 to 15.

Where did I say irrelevant? You said it

You do know in the nba the Knicks are always talked about and they haven't won anything since I been born 28 years

Nobody is attacking Richmond. When bring up top schools in nc playing out of state competition I can assure you Richmond is never brought up. My only assment was don't get excited beating a sub 500 team. That's all.

Personally I do want to see Richmond back to the old days. Love the unis. I'm still trying to figure what cause Richmond to have such a decline. Coach? population shift? admin?

What decline? We lose 2 or 3 games a season. In the playoffs every year. And we can compete with anyone. We are a very good team and program. Are we dominate? No. But no one is. Mallard creek is the closest to being dominant. We also have won a ship every ten years starting on 78 then 88, 98, 08. Next year 2018....... The only reason anyone is talking about the Scots is because of #34. They can win all the regular season games then get put out in the playoffs.

Did Richmond truly decline or did everybody else step there game up? I think there is an argument both ways but i tend to lean to the everybody stepped there game up. Especially in Mecklenburg county which also benefitted from the population explosion and the Carolina Panthers coming into existence. Look at Mecklenburg county scores and wins pre-Panthers. The Panthers changed the area from a basketball driven culture to a dominant football culture. Camps, private instruction, kids of professional players made their way into the area and has had an impact on the quality. You use to want to schedule Charlotte teams because they were pretty but couldn't handle physical style football, not any more. Richmond has always played Charlotte area schools notice the scores and results from years past to recently...big difference. Take notice what happened before and after 1995. Also while your checking, take a look at possibly the greatest coach in NC record early vs. Richmond compared to later in his career before he went to Dutch Fork. Knotts learned that you just can't simply try to outscore every opponent you are eventually going to have to play defense also to win championships. In other words he stepped his game up. The same thing continues today, everybody is chasing Mecklenburg and in lower classes Cleveland counties. Richmond today suffers from a stagnant population, no new blood, we have to rely on generations of the same bloodlines contributions. Unlike the bigger metro areas, which have more and more new blood added every year. This makes kids have to compete against good competition to just get on the field. Using Meck as another example, how many Meck teams were capable of winning state championship in late 90's early 2000's compared to now? Sorry for the long winded diatribe ......just my 2 cents.

Did Richmond truly decline or did everybody else step there game up? I think there is an argument both ways but i tend to lean to the everybody stepped there game up. Especially in Mecklenburg county which also benefitted from the population explosion and the Carolina Panthers coming into existence. Look at Mecklenburg county scores and wins pre-Panthers. The Panthers changed the area from a basketball driven culture to a dominant football culture. Camps, private instruction, kids of professional players made their way into the area and has had an impact on the quality. You use to want to schedule Charlotte teams because they were pretty but couldn't handle physical style football, not any more. Richmond has always played Charlotte area schools notice the scores and results from years past to recently...big difference. Take notice what happened before and after 1995. Also while your checking, take a look at possibly the greatest coach in NC record early vs. Richmond compared to later in his career before he went to Dutch Fork. Knotts learned that you just can't simply try to outscore every opponent you are eventually going to have to play defense also to win championships. In other words he stepped his game up. The same thing continues today, everybody is chasing Mecklenburg and in lower classes Cleveland counties. Richmond today suffers from a stagnant population, no new blood, we have to rely on generations of the same bloodlines contributions. Unlike the bigger metro areas, which have more and more new blood added every year. This makes kids have to compete against good competition to just get on the field. Using Meck as another example, how many Meck teams were capable of winning state championship in late 90's early 2000's compared to now? Sorry for the long winded diatribe ......just my 2 cents.

Great post and on the money but I would add this. I think you will find out Friday night its not just Meck County your chasing. The Wake county teams have improved dramatically and have handed it to you guys and Pinecrest over the last few years.

Richmond isnt irrelevant by any means, but just the fact that you see posts in this thread rationalizing 2 and 3 loss seasons and " making the playoffs" as proof of a great program shows how far the bar has been dropped. Nobody was excited about making the playoffs in the glory years.That was a foregone conclusion. Regional final at a minimum was the expectations.

Great post and on the money but I would add this. I think you will find out Friday night its not just Meck County your chasing. The Wake county teams have improved dramatically and have handed it to you guys and Pinecrest over the last few years.

Richmond isnt irrelevant by any means, but just the fact that you see posts in this thread rationalizing 2 and 3 loss seasons and " making the playoffs" as proof of a great program shows how far the bar has been dropped. Nobody was excited about making the playoffs in the glory years.That was a foregone conclusion. Regional final at a minimum was the expectations.
I agree whole heartedly but that kind of proves my point they, being Wake county, have raised there game. How long ago was it that when we looked at the East we wondered who will be the sacrificial lamb led to the slaughter this year. WF has stepped there game up since running into Meck schools in previous years and in return Middle Creek and Garner have had to ante up.

Richmond is not irrelevant you are just no longer the measuring stick for HS football in the state. Still a strong program but not even close to being a top 5 program over the last 5 years based on results. History i would say #1!

Reactions: Greengold_4ever
What happened to Richmond's coach from 2001-2012? He retire or change schools?

Someone correct me if I am wrong. During that period Richmond had two coaches. Ed Emory coached from 2001 til 2006. Paul Hoggard who was an assistant under Emory took over he coached from 2007 thru 2014. Coach Emory had both knees replaced after the 2006 season. He passed away in 2013. He was 74 or 75 years old. His record at Richmond was 77-7. Coach Hoggard left after the 2014 season. He was originally from north eastern NC. After his brother passed away he wanted to move closer to where his parents lived. His record at Richmond was 88-19. His total record as a head coach was 100-40-1. He is now the head coach at Edenton Holmes high school. His teams are doing very well. I watch the scores and they seem to be quite similar to the scores his Richmond teams posted.

While Richmond was going through their infighting and coaching carousel. A lot of teams in NC, got much better. Programs are developing year round strength and conditioning programs for Athletes. The football culture has changed drastically. If you look at the History of the 4AA State Champs. It's been a long process. Butler, MC, and WF. Although Page did sneak up on a lot of programs. They're about the only one. Teams are more Athletic with size in the trenches now. Which you could see in the Wake Forest game. They were on another level in comparison to Richmond. I believe they will continue to win 8 to 9 games a season, but competing for State Championships in a couple of years might be a little much?

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT