ADVERTISEMENT

A P POLL for 9 - 22 -15

scotswin

Sep 16, 2003
Laurinburg, NC
RALEIGH, N.C. —

The Associated Press state high school football poll for the week of September 22, first-place votes in parentheses, records and total points as voted upon by a statewide panel of prep sports writers:

Class 4-A
1. Charlotte Mallard Creek (13) (4-1) 166 1
2. Wake Forest (3) (4-0) 150 2
3. Scotland County (1) (5-0) 139 3
4. Greensboro Dudley (5-0) 124 4
5. Matthews Butler (4-1) 91 6
6. Charlotte Catholic (1) (3-0) 85 5
7. Southern Pines Pinecrest (5-0) 77 7
8. Charlotte Vance (4-1) 54 8
9. Greensboro Page (5-0) 46 9
10. East Forsyth (5-0) 35 10
Others receiving 10 or more points: None.

I think WF is a very good team but hard to tell with their scd. I don't know if they are better than 3-6.

Along with Wake Forest, there's very little chance Catholic plays a game against a ranked opponent in the regular season in 2015. Those are the only two teams I see that won't be mixing it up with other teams on the list (or already have). For those two schools, I guess we'll see what they are made of once the playoffs roll around.

And crest but I didn't know they did them separate that's why I asked people wanna be smart a$$es but I pay attention to 4a football also cause havelock plays them

Ahem...hokie...?

Interesting how in this pole we find that BOTH the mighty powerful Independence and the "magic" known as Richmond County is irrelevant. It's hard to stay relevant year in and year out against opponents in your class but one school has managed to do it for more than 60 years not only against opponents in their own class but also opponents one and two classes above them.

Ahem...hokie...?

Interesting how in this pole we find that BOTH the mighty powerful Independence and the "magic" known as Richmond County is irrelevant. It's hard to stay relevant year in and year out against opponents in your class but one school has managed to do it for more than 60 years not only against opponents in their own class but also opponents one and two classes above them.

You keep saying Richmond is irrelevant. Perhaps if you weren't to chicken to schedule them, you could find out for yourself how relevant they are.

You keep saying Richmond is irrelevant. Perhaps if you weren't to chicken to schedule them, you could find out for yourself how relevant they are.[/Q.............Yes, bring Sillby on down to RC just one time .....You'll find out how irrevelant they are...nuff said....

RC is still relevant but no one is intimidated by them anymore. They are just a good 4a team no more no less

Ahem...hokie...?

Every time you or anyone else ever mentions Richmond or Indy in a post...it's a relevancy point. Since Richmond is far and away the most mentioned team on this board, what does that tell you? So...thanks for your contributions! Guys like you constantly talking about them will make sure that programs like Richmond and Indy never leave the forefront of NC high school football.

I also notice how your school hardly ever gets mentioned at all on this board unless someone is cracking a joke or something. Funny how that works.

Ahem...hokie...?

The last 5 years. Where are the players from Shelby playing after high school?

You keep saying Richmond is irrelevant. Perhaps if you weren't to chicken to schedule them, you could find out for yourself how relevant they are.

4A vs 2A...boy that would be embarrassing when we won. You do understand this would be somewhat equivalent to a 4A school playing a D2 or D3 school. We've never said we would win. We are just saying that against equivalent size high schools no 4A school is a dynasty. They come and they go. Richmond was somewhat but for the last 15 years they have continued their slide into irrelevance. We as a 2A could hang with almost any 4A school. So what is big boy football if 2A and 3A schools can play them and beat them?

its called you have a good football program. really! not sure you can beat the schools but if you can congrats.

Everytime the arguement shows up I see images of the chicken hawk of the foghorn leghorn clips from looneytoons.

Since Richmond is far and away the most mentioned team on this board, what does that tell you?

I also notice how your school hardly ever gets mentioned at all on this board unless someone is cracking a joke or something. Funny how that works.

You tell me. I know the answer, and I'm pretty sure you do too.

Yeah, kinda scary thinking about how a.....actually several 2A schools are being ranked above and around big boy football. How does that make you feel hokie? Your big boy football claim isn't holding much water.....

.....actually several 2A schools are being ranked above and around big boy football. How does that make you feel hokie? Your big boy football claim isn't holding much water.....
My big boy football team is nationally ranked again - for the 7th time in the last 9 years - and is, of course, ranked higher again in NC than yours is.

I feel just fine...thanks for asking!

Last edited:
My big boy football team is nationally ranked again - for the 7th time in the last 9 years - and is, of course, ranked higher again in NC than yours is.

I feel just fine...thanks for asking!
You tell me. I know the answer, and I'm pretty sure you do too.

Yeah, kinda scary thinking about how a.....actually several 2A schools are being ranked above and around big boy football. How does that make you feel hokie? Your big boy football claim isn't holding much water.....

1. TEAM WINS LOSSES TIES WINING PERCENT
  2. Richmond Sr 455 98 5 82.3%
  3. Shelby 740 294 51 70.6%

Nuff said!!!!!

Last edited:
I don't have a dog in this fight, but for Reference, using last week's Simmons Overall Power Rankings which includes 1A -4A schools, only one non-4A team was in the top 10:
#3 Havelock
#12 Crest
#14 Weddington
#15 Shelby
Source: http://www.simmonsratings.com/overrank15.htm
(Last updated: Thursday, September 17, 2015 - thru games of September 15)

The rankings have not been updated since last week so I'm curious as to how they've changed since last week's games.

Pretty sure that every one of these teams would Smoke Havelock. So, who are all of these better teams that you speak of?
None of these teams would smoke havelock Lololol mallard creek maybe and some of the other 4aa teams but as far as 4a no team in 4a will smoke havelock beat them very likely but idk what u been smoking havelock can compete with any team in the state

Although New Bern is a big rivalry game I would not use a four point win over the Bears to bolster my claim in 2015. Last year definitely.

New bern won states last year in 4a and beat havelock by a whopping 4 points if u want to call that smoking then ok lol
Conveniently leaving out the Crest game, are you?

If you think Crest was a big bully who physically molested you, you should see some of the nationally ranked powerhouses in the poll above. Some of these teams make Crest look like a JV team with their size.

Crest guys said it was like taking candy from a baby, playing Havelock. They mauled Havelock. Held them to 60 yds rushing, total domination. I love how these guys, who come on threads boasting about who they can beat. knowing damn well, they will never play them. ):

No one ever said havelock could beat them I said they could compete and last year crest defense was probably the best defense in the state regardless of class you sound stupid I'm pretty sure they woulda killed charlotte cathlotic worse than new bern did in states and I'm sure they coulda hanged with wake forest and mallard creek with that team last year plus havelock had 3 turn overs that game which limit their offense held crest to one second half td I don't even like crest at all but to say any teams in the state last year would have made them look like a jv team you're a true idiot like I said before

Havelock can compete with anyone in the state just beat jh rose this year who I'm confident to say may win 4a states this year if not Scotland but I'm sure either one of those schools would both beat charlotte cathlotic but what ever

Havelock 2014 could not stretch the field vertically against Crest. Crest broke their line down, had the ability to contain their athletes and cover the field deep. On offense Crest did not attempt to setup the run with the pass, they just ran it straight at them, at will.

New Bern did not kill Catholic. If Havelock can get back the turnovers can Catholic get back the two dropped passes.

Not sold on Rose, look at who they beat. Not really big time opponents.

Last edited:
Reactions: footsoldier
Rose giving up 40 points a games, I know you scoring alot but just
dont see ya scoring like that against a team that can play a little D

Lol these polls must only be 4a teams
Nunchucks.jpg

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT