ADVERTISEMENT

A.L. Brown @ West Rowan

wonder07

Apr 13, 2021
*Wonders Open 2024 Season At West Rowan, What can Fans Expect?*

This Friday night the A.L. Brown Wonders will kickoff their 97th season of Football as they travel to Mt Ulla to take on the Falcons of West Rowan. It will be the first of back to back away games to start the 2024 campaign.

The Wonders will face their old South Piedmont Conference foe for the 20th time in a history that dates back to 1965. Kannapolis Football has been highly successful against the Rowan County foe and hold a commanding 18-1 overall series record, having outscored their counterpart over the last nineteen games 627-245.

The 2024 Wonders will be under the charge of 2nd year Head Coach Justin Hardin who played in three of those contests when he was a QB for the Wonders in the late nineties. Last year Coach Hardin's Wonders turned in a 5-5 regular season campaign, but after a first round playoff loss to Mooresville, the Wonders dropped to 5-6 making it the first losing season on record since 1977.

Honestly, little if anything is readily known about this 2024 edition of the Wonders. Two year defensive standout and Golden Helmet award winner in 2023, Chaz Knox transferred to Mallard Creek this year and will be playing his senior season with the Mavericks, which is a big loss on the defensive side of the ball for the Wonders.

After last week's scrimmage with Kings Mountain and J.M. Robinson, lots of questions abound for Wonder fans. The first part of the 2024 season will see the Wonders facing old SPC 3A opponents in West Rowan, Northwest Cabarrus, and South Rowan, along with one idle week before they begin GM4A Conference play on September 20th at Memorial Stadium against Hickory Ridge.

Last year the Wonders battled to a 38-27 victory over the Falcons at Memorial Stadium, but I believe this Friday night with the Wonders being as untested as they are, I expect they will get a formidable challenge to open the season.
Weekly preview thanks to FNIK

Lots of questions around the Wonders early on. Hopefully we’ll know more after Friday! I think the falcons take the early season victory 38-28.

Reactions: furt cowler
*Wonders Open 2024 Season At West Rowan, What can Fans Expect?*

This Friday night the A.L. Brown Wonders will kickoff their 97th season of Football as they travel to Mt Ulla to take on the Falcons of West Rowan. It will be the first of back to back away games to start the 2024 campaign.

The Wonders will face their old South Piedmont Conference foe for the 20th time in a history that dates back to 1965. Kannapolis Football has been highly successful against the Rowan County foe and hold a commanding 18-1 overall series record, having outscored their counterpart over the last nineteen games 627-245.

The 2024 Wonders will be under the charge of 2nd year Head Coach Justin Hardin who played in three of those contests when he was a QB for the Wonders in the late nineties. Last year Coach Hardin's Wonders turned in a 5-5 regular season campaign, but after a first round playoff loss to Mooresville, the Wonders dropped to 5-6 making it the first losing season on record since 1977.

Honestly, little if anything is readily known about this 2024 edition of the Wonders. Two year defensive standout and Golden Helmet award winner in 2023, Chaz Knox transferred to Mallard Creek this year and will be playing his senior season with the Mavericks, which is a big loss on the defensive side of the ball for the Wonders.

After last week's scrimmage with Kings Mountain and J.M. Robinson, lots of questions abound for Wonder fans. The first part of the 2024 season will see the Wonders facing old SPC 3A opponents in West Rowan, Northwest Cabarrus, and South Rowan, along with one idle week before they begin GM4A Conference play on September 20th at Memorial Stadium against Hickory Ridge.

Last year the Wonders battled to a 38-27 victory over the Falcons at Memorial Stadium, but I believe this Friday night with the Wonders being as untested as they are, I expect they will get a formidable challenge to open the season.
Weekly preview thanks to FNIK

Lots of questions around the Wonders early on. Hopefully we’ll know more after Friday! I think the falcons take the early season victory 38-28.
CJ Gray is electric.If he can get in space he could be the difference in this game.

I believe AL Brown will have another victory against the Falcons. As always like for any team. Keeping mistakes and turnovers down. I’m going with Wonders 34-21

Reactions: furt cowler
If West get they're RB back tonight, Watch out... He is shifty and fast along with Kennedy... Two really good players...

kann 28
west 26 after west Qb fumble at there own 15, kann scores and kicks extra point .
kann has about 115 yards total , west has just over 400 total yards

9mins left in the 4Q

Good win for the Wonders. But looks like they got some work to do
i cant even rag them, for everything west did right to win, they just handed the game back on 4 different times within the night, the total yardage of 425 to 245 doesnt even say it all, it was so a sight to see, on a more serious side note 1 of the 2 returning starting O line players went down, not sure on that matter,, but they lost a starting LB to what looked to be season ending

Reactions: Vik-Val 86
i cant even rag them, for everything west did right to win, they just handed the game back on 4 different times within the night, the total yardage of 425 to 245 doesnt even say it all, it was so a sight to see, on a more serious side note 1 of the 2 returning starting O line players went down, not sure on that matter,, but they lost a starting LB to what looked to be season ending
Jacks, what LB are you talking about. If you are talking about the LB for Brown, he is ok. He took a cleat to thigh and had a bad gash . He wanted to stay in but they made him go to the hospital to get stitches.

Good win to start the season. With a young defense.
ya they will be fine by mid season,, Northwest from what i saw is even further down than i expected with the lose of seniors last year so kann should handle them, Hickory ridge is way down, Mooresville is a strong as there score showed tonight. West Cabarrus and Cox Mill down, kann season record will be nice by the end

Jacks, what LB are you talking about. If you are talking about the LB for Brown, he is ok. He took a cleat to thigh and had a bad gash . He wanted to stay in but they made him go to the hospital to get stitches.
ya thats the one, with the whole way things went down and the picture it of what i though was a air cast it looked bad

ya thats the one, with the whole way things went down and the picture it of what i though was a air cast it looked bad
He actually walked of the field. And tried to go back in.

The RB for West that got hurt, I heard it was a dislocated ankle.

He actually walked of the field. And tried to go back in.

The RB for West that got hurt, I heard it was a dislocated ankle.
hard hitting for sure, west was bigger than i expected on the lines

Jacks2start, how did Concord do tonight
43-0 but it was piedmont, but compared to the last few years the look like a football team, a little bigger, the D was playing faster and together, the O was a nice little overall look to it, they were blocking better, new Qb and Rb's , overall better, not world beaters yet but a nice change.. I'm not a fan of the offense style at all, but i understand you work with what you have until you get the horses at the skilled spots, nothing beats size or speed i guess

43-0 but it was piedmont, but compared to the last few years the look like a football team, a little bigger, the D was playing faster and together, the O was a nice little overall look to it, they were blocking better, new Qb and Rb's , overall better, not world beaters yet but a nice change.. I'm not a fan of the offense style at all, but i understand you work with what you have until you get the horses at the skilled spots, nothing beats size or speed i guess
That’s good to hear they doing better

They were big for sure.
West is likely the biggest team kann will see this year other than Mooresville, i know its only week 1 but after watching so many teams tonight around the concord/kann area it is easy to see a ton of big, good players graduated last year from all the schools

The question is , will the streak end this year.
lol, i know what i want to say from the heart, but its to early to hope for that type outcome, with less than 1k students i'm not sure i can count how high the streak could go....

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT