ADVERTISEMENT

5-3 Murphy at 4-4 Andrews

Andrews can move the ball but needs to score once in the Red Zone. IT’s Senior Night so hopefully we can pull out a win

I don’t know how much Murphy has left in the tank after the last two weeks. But to say this is a huge game for the Murphy program would be an understatement. In order to regain control of the SMC, the Dogs must first regain control of their own backyard, starting Friday night.

Reactions: Wildcat10fan
I don’t know how much Murphy has left in the tank after the last two weeks. But to say this is a huge game for the Murphy program would be an understatement. In order to regain control of the SMC, the Dogs must first regain control of their own backyard, starting Friday night.
I’m sure both teams will not need motivation for this game. 90% chance of rain Friday but I don’t think that will help or hurt either team.

Reactions: NC nole fan
This one feels like a watershed moment type game for Murphy's current staff. I don't know if it's a must win game, but it's pretty significant.

Reactions: Usdi Watali
Could be the difference in ending 2023 with a whimper or a roar
They need positive momentum going into the playoffs and next season. Some of the natives are getting pretty restless and I don't think an 0-4 mark against a team the previous staff never lost to, a county rival at that, would do them any favors with that contingent.

In this staffs defense, the old staff never played an Andrews team that was better than Murphy. The last two seasons I believe Andrews was just better.

In this staffs defense, the old staff never played an Andrews team that was better than Murphy. The last two seasons I believe Andrews was just better.
Andrews was for sure better last season, a better and a more talented team. As for 2021 we'll have to agree to disagree, Andrews wasn't more talented than Murphy in 2021, the Andrews being the better "team" in 2021 part of your statement is probably still true though.

Murphy underachieved in fall 2021 with the overall talent they had on that team. There were a few baffling personnel decisions at the time and especially in hindsight. Along with too many injuries and poor chemistry (which I don't think you can really fault the staff for).

Last edited:
Reactions: Smokymntfan
Andrews was for sure better last season, a better team and a more talented team. As for 2021 we'll have to agree to disagree, Andrews wasn't more talented than Murphy in 2021, the Andrews being the better "team" in 2021 part of your statement might still be true though.

Murphy underachieved in fall 2021 with the overall talent they had on that team, a few baffling personnel decisions at the time and especially in hindsight. Along with too many injuries and poor chemistry (which I don't really think you can fault the staff for).
The only reason I would disagree about 2021 is that either Weaver or Martin one was injured in all their conference and playoff games. The only game both where reasonably healthy was the Murphy game. The only their big game was the western champs Mitchell that both where healthy. We didn't get to see just how good they were except those two games. You are right about Murphy being more talented in 2021 than last year though

I agree with this, although 1995 could be a possible exception. That Andrews team (coached by Donnie Kiefer) was tough and talented and lost in the last minute at Murphy 15-14 on a 4th down TD pass by the Dogs, if my memory is correct.

Reactions: recycled2
Andrews had two guys go and play college ball off the 95 team. 1 to UNC and 1 to western. Had another one that got could have and decided not to. Phillips and McClelland both played under keifer. Keifer won a state title a few years ago in SC.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT