7 Mooresville
26 South Iredell

10 Grimsley
23 Page

15 Reagan
18 T.C. Roberson

2 Northern Guilford
31 Butler

Auto bid to Northern Guilford over Grimsley based on tie break procedure (NG has wins over all three teams tied for 3rd in conference, Grimsley has wins over 2 of 3. Grimsley plays Page in wk 10. NG @ Grimsley week 11)

Determining NCHSAA Playoff Representatives
1. Conference Standings
If a tie, tie break decided in the following order:
2. Head-to-Head
3. How the tied team fared again the rest of the conference, starting with the number one team and moving down throughout the conference.
4. NCHSAA RPI standings.
5. Draw will be held by the tied teams for the seeds available.

Last edited:
Jokes aside… I’m assuming you’re projecting Grimsley to lose to NG?
No. Only showing where things are today. If the playoffs started today. Not projecting. I explain below the seeding what it is based on.

Regarding their matchup, I fully expect Grimsley to win. Grimsley is the favorite to come out of the west it would seem.

I like the intrigue coming down the stretch of seeing how the seedlings and RPI change from week to week as we approach the playoffs. You can begin to see where your team stands and possible matchups.

Reactions: MHSBigBlue06
Weddington would be 1 based off of you putting Northern ahead of Grimsley. Weddingtons RPI is 2 and Northerns is 3. Seed conference 1 seeds by RPI

No shot Northern Guilford gets the overall 1 seed.
If Northern beats Grimsley, which is a long shot, would Northern deserve the number one seed ? I'd think Weddington or Hough would still get the number one seed over Northern.
P.S. Perhaps this preliminary bracket holds true and Page will visit Grimsley in the first round.

If Northern beats Grimsley, which is a long shot, would Northern deserve the number one seed ? I'd think Weddington or Hough would still get the number one seed over Northern.
P.S. Perhaps this preliminary bracket holds true and Page will visit Grimsley in the first round.
A potential rematch with Grimsley sounds cool, but its also a very long shot it happens. Unless Page wiggles down to the 32 or 31 seed.

Doesn’t matter if they deserve it or not, it’s based on RPI. Would be tough for Northern to pass Weddington but Hough’s RPI isn’t going to increase that much the next few weeks as they play teams with 4 combined wins.

Reactions: FB fan 92
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT