ADVERTISEMENT

4:30pm #1 Stars Randolph County vs #2 Stripes Queen City

First pitch will be delayed just a few minutes. We are currently in a lightning delay at Campbell.

4:08 pm lightning delay

Last edited:
GSO, Queen City is an interesting team. They have players from a number of different schools like Cherryville. Out of curiosity I'd meant to ask Linkman what some of their schools were. I remember listening to the broadcast of them and Post 100. I recall one player being from Charlotte Catholic. They played some of their games at Charlotte Latin and at one of the city parks. I kind of felt for them because of having to switch baseball fields. Them being called the Mustangs leads me to believe that the team was formed in Myers Park. They've been around for a few years and this is the farthest they've gone.

GSO, Queen City is an interesting team. They have players from a number of different schools like Cherryville. Out of curiosity I'd meant to ask Linkman what some of their schools were. I remember listening to the broadcast of them and Post 100. I recall one player being from Charlotte Catholic. They played some of their games at Charlotte Latin and at one of the city parks. I kind of felt for them because of having to switch baseball fields. Them being called the Mustangs leads me to believe that the team was formed in Myers Park. They've been around for a few years and this is the farthest they've gone.
Thanks for the information , Mister Lincolnton, as I was wondering from where they drew...Good luck to Queen City. ( Did I really just type that ? )

Saw them play Cherryville for the Area IV championship in I think was 61 or 62. In the first game of that series Post 9 beat Cherryville badly it was 25 to very little. It shocked the whole town. Don't recall how many games the series went but It was the last game of that series and there must have been some problem with scheduling, then. The game was played at Mounty Holly High School, across the river in Gaston County. Cherryville beat them. I never saw their 65 national championship team play.

Queen City 6 Randolph County 1 - Final
William Hanson pitched a complete game for QC allowing only 4 hits. Queen City scored 5 runs in the first 2 innings. Randolph finally got a run in the 6th and QC added one in the 7th.

Thanks Linkman. If you get a chance to read this I thought I saw once that Queen City's pitcher (today) had committed to Queens University, wondered if that was correct. If so, congrats to him.

Reactions: Maiden Creek
Breakdown of high schools that Queen City got their players from this season:
6 players: Charlotte Catholic
4 players: Myers Park
4 players: Carmel Christian
2 players: Hickory Grove Christian
1 player: Charlotte Country Day
1 player: Cuthbertson

Thanks Linkman. If you get a chance to read this I thought I saw once that Queen City's pitcher (today) had committed to Queens University, wondered if that was correct. If so, congrats to him.
Actually two of the Queen City pitchers have committed to Queens University. William Hanson who beat Randolph today and Joey Ruller who 1 hit Rowan yesterday. Both are Charlotte Catholic graduates.

Last edited:
Breakdown of high schools that Queen City got their players from this season:
6 players: Charlotte Catholic
4 players: Myers Park
4 players: Carmel Christian
2 players: Hickory Grove Christian
1 player: Charlotte Country Day
1 player: Cuthbertson
Thank you, my friend, you never cease to amaze me. While most of the world dreams in images and words, it wouldn't surprise me to learn you dream in numbers and stats. Your mathematical abilities even makes the Cherryville people stand in awe, and few things ever impress them. I've heard them say it during their broadcasts.

Side note: With the exception of Hickory Grove Christian which I think is the Mallard Creek area all the others are on the south side of town.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT