ADVERTISEMENT

3Rivers 1A/2A Predictions

DAMAN14

Nov 8, 2002
TOP TIER
St. Pauls

Returning a lot from a talented team that finished 4th and 6-3 in the conference. They will battle Whiteville and East Bladen for the top spot. If they can get decent QB play, they will stand atop the conference

Whiteville
They have the athletes year in and out to challenge for the top spot of the conference. They return almost all the scoring from last year. They underachieved a little last year finishing 3rd at 7-2. If they get the buy-in Price and company can raise the conference trophy this year.

East Bladen

They return a lot from last year's 9-3 team. People overlooked them last year but Priest and company showed everyone they are always in the race with a 2nd place finish at 8-1.

SECOND TIER
South Columbus

Always well-coached but losing the O-Line and Bellamy will drop them down a little. You better not look over them because their season will go as their young guys. If they can coach them up they will be fine.

Red Springs
Great athletes a good coach but this team will go as far as McKeithan can take them. If he has a great season they will be ok.

Fairmont
Athletes on top of athletes. But the loss of Walters and Morris will be too much to overcome.

LOWER TIER
South Robeson

New coach same prediction. They have athletes and have the ability to separate themselves from the other 1A teams. They are setup to fail by having to play in a split conference (especially an uneven split conference). Having to play 7 2A teams and only 2 1A teams in the conference makes it an uphill climb for the 1A schools.

East Columbus

They surprised the 1A teams last year and took the top spot of the 1A teams. Once again a lack of numbers will hinder the gators.

West Bladen

New coach and an outstanding athlete at QB will make them a little better but they will still struggle. Coach Sherman has hit the ground running and has increased the participation but they are inexperienced. They will have to work hard to get out of the bottom tier but the future can be bright if he gets everyone on board.

West Columbus
Basketball and baseball athletes either do not play or do not dedicate themselves to football. This makes an uphill battle almost impossible.

Predicted Conference Standings
Conference Overall
TEAM W - L -- W - L

St. Pauls 9 - 0 -- 11 - 0
Whiteville 8 - 1 -- 10 - 1
East Bladen 7 - 2 -- 7 - 4
S. Columbus 6 - 3 -- 7 - 4
Fairmont 5 - 4 -- 6 - 5
Red Springs 4 - 5 -- 5 - 6
West Bladen 3 - 6 -- 4 - 7
S. Robeson 2 - 7 -- 2 - 9
E. Columbus 1 - 8 -- 1 - 10
W. Columbus 0 - 9 -- 1 - 10

Reactions: Sportsnut17
Everything was pretty spot on until the predicted standings. St.Pauls had a good squad last year....but you have them running the conference untouched? You know something we don't? Again no disrespect.

I believe East Bladen should be the front runner young squad last season returning alot of experience i think they will be one of the top teams in the 2A east period...definitely going to be one of our toughest games early on

Reactions: Tiger_Pride31
I said if they get anything from the QB position then they will go undefeated with the return all but 1 on the OL and several newcomers.

Hopefully, Javonte McDowell comes out this year. I heard he was. He will be a huge difference maker on both sides of the ball for East Bladen.

Hopefully, Javonte McDowell comes out this year. I heard he was. He will be a huge difference maker on both sides of the ball for East Bladen.

6'6 215....Jesus thats a helluva mismatch line him up at WR or have him rushing off the edge at DE

I find your memory amazing and who would care what I may have said a year ago

Because it was DEAD WRONG.

ANYWAYS.....Not making any crazy predictions months before the boys even hit the field. Expect the usual's to be up top with a surprise Rob.Co team as always. Good luck to all.

I think Whiteville, East Bladen and South Columbus will play a major role in who wins the championship.

TOP TIER
St. Pauls

Returning a lot from a talented team that finished 4th and 6-3 in the conference. They will battle Whiteville and East Bladen for the top spot. If they can get decent QB play, they will stand atop the conference

Whiteville
They have the athletes year in and out to challenge for the top spot of the conference. They return almost all the scoring from last year. They underachieved a little last year finishing 3rd at 7-2. If they get the buy-in Price and company can raise the conference trophy this year.

East Bladen

They return a lot from last year's 9-3 team. People overlooked them last year but Priest and company showed everyone they are always in the race with a 2nd place finish at 8-1.

SECOND TIER
South Columbus

Always well-coached but losing the O-Line and Bellamy will drop them down a little. You better not look over them because their season will go as their young guys. If they can coach them up they will be fine.

Red Springs
Great athletes a good coach but this team will go as far as McKeithan can take them. If he has a great season they will be ok.

Fairmont
Athletes on top of athletes. But the loss of Walters and Morris will be too much to overcome.

LOWER TIER
South Robeson

New coach same prediction. They have athletes and have the ability to separate themselves from the other 1A teams. They are setup to fail by having to play in a split conference (especially an uneven split conference). Having to play 7 2A teams and only 2 1A teams in the conference makes it an uphill climb for the 1A schools.

East Columbus

They surprised the 1A teams last year and took the top spot of the 1A teams. Once again a lack of numbers will hinder the gators.

West Bladen

New coach and an outstanding athlete at QB will make them a little better but they will still struggle. Coach Sherman has hit the ground running and has increased the participation but they are inexperienced. They will have to work hard to get out of the bottom tier but the future can be bright if he gets everyone on board.

West Columbus
Basketball and baseball athletes either do not play or do not dedicate themselves to football. This makes an uphill battle almost impossible.

Predicted Conference Standings
Conference Overall
TEAM W - L -- W - L

St. Pauls 9 - 0 -- 11 - 0
Whiteville 8 - 1 -- 10 - 1
East Bladen 7 - 2 -- 7 - 4
S. Columbus 6 - 3 -- 7 - 4
Fairmont 5 - 4 -- 6 - 5
Red Springs 4 - 5 -- 5 - 6
West Bladen 3 - 6 -- 4 - 7
S. Robeson 2 - 7 -- 2 - 9
E. Columbus 1 - 8 -- 1 - 10
W. Columbus 0 - 9 -- 1 - 10
Stallions 4th? Nah.

Reactions: GuardTrapStallion
Looks like this would be South Robeson's last year of existence school board voted to close the high school in 2020-2021 school year....students will be split between Fairmont,Lumberton,and Purnell Swett

Russell Dove will have SC on top once again with Whiteville nipping at heels. West Columbus may as well shut program down. Your best players are in baseball,basketball. They think their all going to MLB won't play football.
I did hear WC had 32 or so come out this summer. Robeson county schools have plenty of players but can't close the deal. East Bladen has a great program that keeps on going,year after year. I also understand South Robeson is closing this year 2019---2020 . Hate to see this happen.

Reactions: GuardTrapStallion
Apparently....South Robeson will NOT be closing as first announced and will be staying open as 6-12.

Russell Dove will have SC on top once again with Whiteville nipping at heels. West Columbus may as well shut program down. Your best players are in baseball,basketball. They think their all going to MLB won't play football.
I did hear WC had 32 or so come out this summer. Robeson county schools have plenty of players but can't close the deal. East Bladen has a great program that keeps on going,year after year. I also understand South Robeson is closing this year 2019---2020 . Hate to see this happen.
You know, if WC baseball/basketball players would play football, they field a good team.

West Columbus has plenty of athletes playing baseball,but won't play football. What a shame people. 12 or 14 athletes can make big difference in 1A ball.

Believe it’ll be the standard 3 top teams competing for 1st-3rd (EB, WHS, SCHS) with a potential 4th contender of SP.

Agreed west Columbus can’t get anything going because, as someone stated before, they only know one sport and trying going all pro. It’s a shame honestly.

ECHS will they continue their long floundering streak this season? I almost hate to see them on the schedule as it normally ends in a 40+ score difference game.

Looking forward to the good banter this season gents.

East Bladen and Red Springs were the only NC teams to win last night at the Battle of The Border Jamboree last night in Lumberton. East Bladen defeated Purnell Swett 8-0. Red Springs won 20-6 over Lattta.

If we can stay healthy...this could be a special group.

Last edited:
East Bladen had a good scrimmage versus Purnell Sweat. Running game looked good and the Offensive Line played very well IMO. Still have some work to do on that side of the ball. Defensively, we flied around and created a couple of turnovers and most importantly kept them out of the endzone. Again, we still have some work to do on that side of the ball. Staying healthy we be a big key for us. We have a few going both ways. Hopefully some of the younger guys will progress and be able to step in to some starting roles. The one thing I did notice is we are in pretty good shape and that should help us out early on. We will need all the help we can get with our opening schedule. WRH, Clinton, Whiteville, South Columbus and Red Springs.

Reactions: ebeagles
South Columbus is fielding a bunch of pussy willows.

Pussy willows have quite a strong reputation in the Waccamaw/3 Rivers conference in the last two decade. Someone good with numbers run the stats... I believe it’s somewhere in the 70-80% probability of winning outright or sharing a conference championship since the school’s opening on the early 90’s.

We’ll be just fine @beer_and_football

Guys I was told today, West Columbus has 40 players and will contender for conf. championship. Good QB and a Receiver 6-3. 215 lbs. Strong RB.
Hold your horses this may be a sleeper,new Coach says they will turn things around. Let's see !!!!!

Guys I was told today, West Columbus has 40 players and will contender for conf. championship. Good QB and a Receiver 6-3. 215 lbs. Strong RB.
Hold your horses this may be a sleeper,new Coach says they will turn things around. Let's see !!!!!

40 players? Football? West Columbus? You sure it wasn’t numbers from the fall pro baseball camp?

I hope they do turn it around. Would love to see WC get back to the winning tradition they had years ago.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT