ADVERTISEMENT

3 Huge games upcoming in the SMC

to my understanding a running clock can not ucoure until after half time, but if a coach request it it can, in Murphy v Andrews there was no 40 point Martine and to my understanding there coach ask for a running clock , which they were granted at 28-0 score
(j) Mercy Rule: Once the score reaches a 42 point differential, or more, at halftime or any point thereafter, the game will resort to a running clock or will be terminated by mutual agreement.

Collins 29-46 440yds /.630 completion %
4tds 0 int /QB rating 123.5

Rumfelt 32-62 552yds / .516 completion %
7tds 1 ints / QB rating 113.1

Lossiah 22-44 436yds / .500 completion %
4tds 2tds / QB rating 96.4

Reactions: Wildcat10fan
Collins 29-46 440yds /.630 completion %
4tds 0 int /QB rating 123.5

Rumfelt 32-62 552yds / .516 completion %
7tds 1 ints / QB rating 113.1

Lossiah 22-44 436yds / .500 completion %
4tds 2tds / QB rating 96.4
Good stuff BK. The team that can utilize the pass game could bode well. This would give Robbinsville a edge having two great backs and using play action. It’s getting close for the Big 3 to battle

I agree. In the game I saw Swain's pass defense wasn't really tested, so not too sure how they are in that area.

Swain has only given up two pass tds and one was actually an interception that was a called a touchdown on the field vs Enka. From my angle it was clearly an interception that was taken away either before they landed or as they were on the ground. But the swain player got up with the ball celebrating and refs called it a td as the Swain player was running and celebrating down the field. The other was a touchdown pass vs Smoky Mountain that was blown coverage and they were wide open. Other than these two plays Swain has had solid coverage and actually has seven interceptions on the season. Very proud of our defense this season and the physical play. These boys will HIT. I have actually felt sorry for some boys running the ball vs our defense. Forcing 17 turnovers and giving our offense short fields all season. While only giving up five tds all season with our starting defense.

Reactions: KevinFromSwain
Swain has only given up two pass tds and one was actually an interception that was a called a touchdown on the field vs Enka. From my angle it was clearly an interception that was taken away either before they landed or as they were on the ground. But the swain player got up with the ball celebrating and refs called it a td as the Swain player was running and celebrating down the field. The other was a touchdown pass vs Smoky Mountain that was blown coverage and they were wide open. Other than these two plays Swain has had solid coverage and actually has seven interceptions on the season. Very proud of our defense this season and the physical play. These boys will HIT. I have actually felt sorry for some boys running the ball vs our defense. Forcing 17 turnovers and giving our offense short fields all season. While only giving up five tds all season with our starting defense.
Looked like a much improved Swain team Friday night compared to the last couple of years. Numbers were back up also. Qb much improved throwing the ball. Going to be some big games and I hope to catch the big 3

All those numbers look good, but face it, you haven't played the world's toughest schedule. You have played no one that can pass the ball.

Everybody watch this, defense is still in control. The fact is defense wins championships, that's the bottom line. R'ville has a good run game with no defense, Swain has a balanced attack, we have a so-so offence and a Good defense, we are in control.

Conference Final:

Murphy
Swain
Rville
Andrews/Hayesville/Cherokee (4 thru 6)
Rosman

No ties. Nothing to flip a coin about.

Going to be some fun games to watch. Can Murphy win in Bryson? Can Robbinsville win at the Hill? I am still leaning to Swain right now but a tie is very possible.

Reactions: Wildcat10fan
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT