ADVERTISEMENT

2A West Pre-Season Top 10 - GrizzlyDevil

yeah those short fused guys out there in Onslow and Sampson county don't have balance...

man-meditating-sitting-yoga-position-on-meditate-definition-ss-FEATURE-.jpg
968.jpg

Over the years I’ve talked as much trash as anyone yet never did I tell em to meet me for a fight but did get invited a time or two for some “discussions “ ha ha

I’m so old now I just giggle at these punks with a cigarette because they tickle me

well wait in choppers case it’s punk with a toupee ;)

carry on! I retired at 50 in January and I’m bored …

Over the years I’ve talked as much trash as anyone yet never did I tell em to meet me for a fight but did get invited a time or two for some “discussions “ ha ha

I’m so old now I just giggle at these punks with a cigarette because they tickle me

50 the new 40 brother. Enjoy retirement, I have for last 7 years

says the spit cup dip guy

Retiring at 50 is pretty damn impressive.

1# Shelby #2 Reidsville #3 Burns. #4 Maiden. 5# East Surry. #6 Monroe. #7 Chase #8 Providence Grove #9. West Lincoln. #10 Forest Hills
Honorable Mention: Bunker Hill , Lincolnton , Hendersonville, Canton Pisgah.
Where’s Salisbury? You had them whipping us last year!😜

Friendly reminder…Pisgah is 3a now….but would they be in the top ten 2a?… there’s a heated debate if there was one.

Can’t believe you mentioned Providence Grove….good for you….I’ve been pulling for the teams in that area due to those posters over there. Those boys crack me up!

Speaking of the NC preps top 15. Ms King reminded the 1a boys that it was a coaches poll. I missed that on her original post.

Salisbury at 5…surprised me…they lost more than anybody…a ton of seniors and their coach. Maybe those coaches know something I don’t. Is the new coach that good?…are they loaded with young players… or is it simply tradition? In comparison…next year….there ain’t no way I’d put Maiden in the top 5 with the amount of quality players they are going to lose…. Just saying.

Same goes for Hendersonville at 10…all they lost was a coach…most of their players are returning….why would they drop so much?..when Salisbury didn’t.

Hendersonville gave Reidsville all they wanted…at their place too!

That’s a head scratcher for me.

Last edited:
Speaking of the NC preps top 15. Ms King reminded the 1a boys that it was a coaches poll. I missed that on her original post.

Salisbury at 5…surprised me…they lost more than anybody…a ton of seniors and their coach. Maybe those coaches know something I don’t. Is the new coach that good?…are they loaded with young players… or is it simply tradition? In comparison…next year….there ain’t no way I’d put Maiden in the top 5 with the amount of quality players they are going to lose…. Just saying.

Same goes for Hendersonville at 10…all they lost was a coach…most of their players are returning….why would they drop so much?..when Salisbury didn’t.

Hendersonville gave Reidsville all they wanted…at their place too!

That’s a head scratcher for me.

Losing their qb is probably a big part of that. He led the state in passing last season

Losing their qb is probably a big part of that. He led the state in passing last season
Good point! Tarheel.

unless Max Preps is wrong…Gosnell was 6th….Mr Lee from Shelby led the state in passing. However…they both were over 3000 yards.

Maybe Maiden should have dropped as well. 😉

• Haha
Reactions: UNC91
I retired at 52 but I had 34 years of service. Been retired for 22 years and I have enjoyed every day of it.
I retired at 66 with just a few months shy of 44 years of service. I told a friend who does similar work how much time I was given credit for, actually I was trying to grandstand a little. I said to this friend, "almost 44 years is pretty impressive, don't you think" ?
She said "someone would have to be a lunatic to work that many year when they could have retired nearly fifteen years earlier". She went onto say the last ten years I worked probably shaved ten years off of my life and just as soon as she got 30 years she would go out of there like a rocket".

Postscript: Every time I tried to showboat in front of a woman I got embarrassed, and once in a while I'll ask a question that I wish I wouldn't have asked.

I retired at 66 with just a few months shy of 44 years of service. I told a friend who does similar work how much time I was given credit for, actually I was trying to grandstand a little. I said to this friend, "almost 44 years is pretty impressive, don't you think" ?
She said "someone would have to be a lunatic to work that many year when they could have retired nearly fifteen years earlier". She went onto say the last ten years I worked probably shaved ten years off of my life and just as soon as she got 30 years she would go out of there like a rocket".

Postscript: Every time I tried to showboat in front of a woman I got embarrassed, and once in a while I'll ask a question that I wish I wouldn't have asked.
It can’t get better than that! …Lincolnton.

Show boat!😜

That’s great stuff.

B&YF, VV and G.Devil (I used to shorten your screen name by calling you GD, but then I thought, well, that sounds too much like something else) It goes by pretty fast except for the last year after you decide to retire, then it drags on. I know none of you are in a hurry to get old but for me, it ain’t half bad, except people blow the horn at me a lot when I’m driving.
You guys talking about having a long time to go before you retire reminds me of the end of a poem I know, when it says, “The woods are lovely, dark and deep but I have promises to keep and miles to go before I sleep and miles to go before I sleep”.

Last edited:
B&YF, VV and G.Devil (I used to shorten your screen name by calling you GD, but then I thought, well, that sounds too much like something else) It goes by pretty fast except for the last year after you decide to retire, then it drags on. I know none of you are in a hurry to get old but for me, it ain’t half bad, except people blow the horn at me a lot when I’m driving.
You guys talking about having a long time to go before you retire reminds me of the end of a poem I know, when it says, “The woods are lovely, dark and deep but I have promised to keep and miles to go before I sleep and miles to go before I sleep”.
No worries! I've been called much worse haha...Grizz is fine if that's easy enough...and I believe I've heard that poem before!

1# Shelby #2 Reidsville #3 Burns. #4 Maiden. 5# East Surry. #6 Monroe. #7 Chase #8 Providence Grove #9. West Lincoln. #10 Forest Hills
Honorable Mention: Bunker Hill , Lincolnton , Hendersonville, Canton Pisgah.
Wow, you are really optimistic about the boys from Climax. Unless half of ER's team transferred in while I wasn't looking, no way should PG be that high. They've got to prove themselves first.

Y’all know I like comparison games. 😜

Here’s a few teams playing 2a teams for comparison purposes this fall.

Kings Mountain…Shelby-Burns

Watauga…Maiden-Burns…1A Mitchell too!

Cramer…Bunker Hill-East Gaston

North Gaston...CHASE-East Gaston

Mtn Heritage…CHASE-Hendersonville

Eastern Alamance…Reidsville-Cummings-1A Eastern Randolph too!

South Point…Lincolnton-RS Central

East Davidson..Providence Grove-Salisbury

South Rowan…Robinson-Monroe

Red Springs….Forest Hills-St. Paul’s-Clinton

Cherryville…West Lincoln-Shelby-Burns
😂😂😂
That’s funny!…I don’t care who you are!…but I’m pulling for the Ironmen!❤️

Other interesting games for me…

Polk vs Christ School…loving that one!

Forest Hills vs Charlotte Latin…another blow out?

East Surry vs Mount Airy…who wins?

Salisbury vs Thomasville…who wins?

I noticed Salisbury’s’ schedule is incomplete on Max Preps….just wondering who is the missing non conference game with? Anyone know?

Guess y’all can tell…I can’t wait til fall… it was hotter than the edges of hell yesterday. Ugh!😵‍💫

Last edited:
South Point plays East Gaston too and so does Cherryville. Cherryville has to have one of the hardest overall schedules for a 1A Team. You are right about the heat, I know it wasn't temp wise, but yesterday was brutal (heat and humidity).

Last edited:
MC and EG, I went out pretty late to pick up a few items and forgot about closing time. as I was leaving the building I noticed the door was locked and when I tried to go back in the store to ask them to let me out I wasn't able to get back in so I was stuck in the portico.
There were two others, another old man and a slider. It was pretty hot in there but not extreme. I figured someone would come along and see us in a few minutes. The slider got upset and started hyperventilating, I guess her dope was wearing off. Sure enough, someone came by and let us out.
speaking of the heat if you're prone to forgetting what time it is be sure to allow for a couple of hours prior to closing if you need to pick something up late, especially if it has been a hot day.

egfan, I’m pretty sure the employee that let us out must have been thinking:what a discouraging sight, two old men and a slider, and neither one of them have any concept of time.

Y’all know I like comparison games. 😜

Here’s a few teams playing 2a teams for comparison purposes this fall.

Kings Mountain…Shelby-Burns

Watauga…Maiden-Burns…1A Mitchell too!

Cramer…Bunker Hill-East Gaston

North Gaston...CHASE-East Gaston

Mtn Heritage…CHASE-Hendersonville

Eastern Alamance…Reidsville-Cummings-1A Eastern Randolph too!

South Point…Lincolnton-RS Central

East Davidson..Providence Grove-Salisbury

South Rowan…Robinson-Monroe

Red Springs….Forest Hills-St. Paul’s-Clinton

Cherryville…West Lincoln-Shelby-Burns
😂😂😂
That’s funny!…I don’t care who you are!…but I’m pulling for the Ironmen!❤️

Other interesting games for me…

Polk vs Christ School…loving that one!

Forest Hills vs Charlotte Latin…another blow out?

East Surry vs Mount Airy…who wins?

Salisbury vs Thomasville…who wins?

I noticed Salisbury’s’ schedule is incomplete on Max Preps….just wondering who is the missing non conference game with? Anyone know?

Guess y’all can tell…I can’t wait til fall… it was hotter than the edges of hell yesterday. Ugh!😵‍💫
Reidsville opens the season at Western Alamance and at Greensboro Page. Those will be tough games, particularly if QB Al Lee is not available. He had shoulder surgery in March and I know the coaches will not play him unless they are absolutely certain he is 100%.

Reidsville opens the season at Western Alamance and at Greensboro Page. Those will be tough games, particularly if QB Al Lee is not available. He had shoulder surgery in March and I know the coaches will not play him unless they are absolutely certain he is 100%.
You shot me down when I said it was a chance he may not be ready to open the season

my grandson had surgery first week in June for a torn Labrum (left shoulder)....can not do any sports for 6 months....which would be Dec of this year...if Al had surgery in March...it's likely he might miss the first month or so of football season....hope I'm wrong on this and he will be ready...Doctors won't take any chances...and they shouldn't......................

my grandson had surgery first week in June for a torn Labrum (left shoulder)....can not do any sports for 6 months....which would be Dec of this year...if Al had surgery in March...it's likely he might miss the first month or so of football season....hope I'm wrong on this and he will be ready...Doctors won't take any chances...and they shouldn't......................

good thing Denny is on the team. Al has been throwing and going to camps so that’s good.

good thing Denny is on the team. Al has been throwing and going to camps so that’s good.
Lee should be ready for the first game but they won't know for sure until about the middle of August. He did not have a torn labrum so that comparison is not relevant. The Rams also have a freshman QB Neal who may be the best athlete on the team. He will most likely be one of the wide receivers along with Flippen and freshman Harrison but I would not be surprised to see him get some time at QB as that is his future position. Neal is also a great, make that a GREAT basketball point guard.

Reactions: Maiden Creek
Lee should be ready for the first game but they won't know for sure until about the middle of August. He did not have a torn labrum so that comparison is not relevant. The Rams also have a freshman QB Neal who may be the best athlete on the team. He will most likely be one of the wide receivers along with Flippen and freshman Harrison but I would not be surprised to see him get some time at QB as that is his future position. Neal is also a great, make that a GREAT basketball point guard.

I think one of the two will start at wr, between neal and harrison. don't forget jd mccain is a starter as well at wr. I think neal starts at cb, hard to keep him on the bench. Especially with his basketball future.

Well, Maiden Creek, Maiden's great wide receiver Chris Culliver has committed to the Tar Heels. Your thoughts?

Congratulations to the Culliver’s! They’re a great family that’s doing it right and I’m wishing them all the best.

In my heart…I just knew Chris would choose to be a Tarheel….his mother is a Tarheel grad as well. I think UNC is an excellent choice and I’ll be pulling for Chris and the family all the way!

I’m very close to the father as we have worked together for years….years before the infamous transfer from Bandy’s to Maiden as well. All I’ll say about that is …well …frankly….the father said it best…”We just needed a bigger house for our growing family and that’s it!”

One example of many…on the character of this man ….I’ve never once heard him utter a curse word…not once!…just saying!

Both he and I…have shared a chuckle when we read some of the things that’s been said on these boards.😉

Mule…..Carolina is getting a good one!
I guess I don’t have to talk about his athletic ability…it speaks for itself. I will say that he is one of the most sure handed receivers I’ve witnessed in high school ball. If it’s anywhere close…he is gonna catch it. Another thing…that I’ve mentioned before…he is an excellent blocker for his team mates…I love that more than everything else. Chris is usually the first one to congratulate and celebrate with a team mate that makes a big play…I’ve always loved that about him as well.

Chris is a fine young man….great personality…and has a smile that will stop a clock. He will do well and has a very supportive family to insure that he does.

Again…..Congratulations to Chris and his family! Go! Tarheels!👍

If he has been at camps and 7v7s throwing, the only thing that matters is when the doctor releases him to contact.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT